The Boxer

Aggregator gang
Having boxing as a main interest, both as a personal passion and as my line of work, I got excited when I spotted this, but one chapter in and we are already in bullshit "super power" territory.

Look, no amount of raw talent is ever going to make a novice that trained for two weeks being a competitive spar for a top 3 ranked pro in a heavier weight class.
This sort of bullshit is too much even by shonen standards and kills all any credibility about the setting and the competence of the author.

What's worse, even anatomies and dynamism are shake at best. Which fucking matters a lot in a sport series.

I bought a few chapters on webtoon then like an hour later find this for free

Just read a few raw chapters, it looks like a fun read, but in term of actual combat accuracy, most of it is just bullshit, not only are there no weight classes, but the author tries to explain moves that are bullshit, i did some martial arts and none of this is accurate at all.

@bobthepussyslayer Nah i supported the creator and there was a promo for it going on so i got bonus coins for buying a chapter

Just started reading this and honestly seems like i could be a great read, @fredfred not sure what bullshit you're talking about. If i had to guess the students are maybe lightweights so of course white hair would be faster than that super middleweight guy, as for techniques all that was really mentioned was jabs and hooks, maybe you are talking about white hairs swaying which while exaggerated is similar to the boxing styles of Naseem Hamed and Emmanuel Agustus. I don't do "martial arts" but I am a boxing hobbyist.

somewhat unrefined, but could make a really good story in the future. Really hoping it doesnt turn out to be hot garbage

Dex-chan lover
@Fredfred I don't think the author really cared about the combat in the first place, it's just the vehicle he chose to drive his story along.

Fed-Kun's army
Dude, The MC is giving off this vibe like an enemy in shounen manga who's really strong, and uninterested in anything. I really really love this

Fed-Kun's army
This is the first 10 I'm ever giving on this site, usually no matter how good a story is it's not perfect but this is one of the best stories Ive ever read already - and I've only just begun.
I literally get goosebumps and grin reading this while my pulse pounds. It's fcking awesome. I want more - a lot more, I hope this gets extremely frequently written and translated.

Fed-Kun's army
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SO FUCKING GOOD IN JUST 9 CHAPTERS MAN.
Its been a loooong time since i had goosebups reading a manhwa lol.

Ayy, I skimmed through the raws and I'm just going to say this-- don't expect a realistic boxing manga by any means. The MC and everyone he fights are supernatural as hell, haha. Don't expect tough fights either for at least the next 50~ chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread