The Careful Empress - Ch. 9

@Hxvex "Past is connected to the future..." What she means is that the world runs on mostly fatalism rules. That which was will be again and that which will be, was. The past is the future, the future is the past. They are both connected so deeply together that since she can see in one direction clearly, she can kinda see in the other direction out of her peripheral vision. She sees portions of the past from her future which is why she saw the Queen's life as a white dragon. Not clearly, but clear enough to recognize form.

Thank you for the translation you're the best! Yeah the king sucks but the fact he cooked sweets for her was nice. I still can't believe he just wants death there has to be more to it, if he's trying to get on her good side

Group Leader
@Darkst33l Thank you! I was somewhat confused so I thought I got the translation wrong. Your explanation made it make so much more sense!

Fed-Kun's army
Usually I'm all for gap moe and the contrast between a seemingly evil exterior and a bashful interior is very attractive to me. But this makes no sense. He is just a pathetic creep

I feel like the backstory for the tyrant dude is gonna be explained soon. Very questionable on why he has pain and why her being 20 or something is the cure for it

Wow the sudden character shift of the king is making me hate him even more... Like honestly. You think baking sweets for her is going to patch up all the trauma and hate she has for you?!?!
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻
I don't like what the author is doing here trying to make us like him... I won't change my mind unless the author writes a freaking amazing backstory/reasoning for his insane actions. Otherwise, I won't accept it.

Also.... Thank you for translating!!!(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

I'm still so confused with the story. I don't think I'll ever be rooting for the emperor if that is the direction the author is going with. It's just creepy.

Thank you for the translation!

I don't know who should I be rooting right now, this is way too confusing.

Ok I officially hate this creep emperor. Fucking hell, skulking about, getting jealous, grooming a child to be his wife despite him clearly being like fifty something, he needs to die.

@Hxvex no problem friend. Personally I am not a fan of the fatalism world view. But it is currently impossible to prove or disprove free will with our current technology. Easiest way to prove free will is to prove the existence of multiverse. Free will is a necessity for a Multiverse to exist seeing as each universe is created anew with each and every decision made or action taken (or not made and not taken). But I digress. The philosophy behind free will vs fatalism is fascinating and personally I think I'm gonna read some more on it because I've clearly haven't read nearly enough.

I still don't like this dude. Like he's plotting something and the only reason why he's doing all these kind gestures is to gain her trust. So what will happen if he gets what he wishes from her? Maybe he'll still be kind to her but the way he treats others is cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread