The Careful Empress

This started off really interesting, the protagonist was compelling and the story was interesting.

Until it wasn't. Protagonist seems to just be a doormat, thoughtlessly accepting the demands of those around her. The story is clumsy and slow, at this point I just don't care about any of these characters. The antagonist is being propped up as "evil" at the expense of making the heroine out to be a powerless, stupid, and completely ineffectual character. She's a dragon for pete's sake, and is currently acting like some sort of meek sheep.

Art is enjoyable enough, the design of the FL is what kept me going on this long but that alone can't save this one I'm sorry to say.

basically this girl falls in love with the guy who killed her parents and captured her and keeping her confined against her own will all because he was good to her once or twice, she had potential for a revenge-seeking character but she is constantly being used by oyhers and she dosent even retaliate

Tbh this is just -ok- but im impressed by the hand drawn backgrounds more than anything else. Usually with this type of setting everything is 3d but for the most the outlines are done by hand and then uses stock filters. I like the more organic feeling.

Thats not enough to keep me though, the real bait for me is what kind of leaps of logic will be used to make the FL be interested in the Emperor as a love interest?

He killed her first family (granted she was alive for ""thousands"" of years before that), her first emotional bonds were severed so unceremoniously by him. But then again she is forgiving enough to have forgiven the knight who killed her so ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Reading those comments is hilarious. Actually putting this one on my list, purely for those and because I want to know whether the ending is actually a revenge ending or not and how people will react.

@shoitan i fuckin guarantee she just fails to actually kill him (or he doesn't stay dead) so the romance develops over time as she obsessively tries to murder him

just want to know one thing whether the ass that killed her family ends up a love interest or not

if yes then this story is faulty on a basic level or at least only enjoyable by sociopaths
the fmc accepted the knight as her loving parent and killing one parents entails hatred that easily swallows oceans... there is a reason to why even strict warrior cultures that abhor the slaughter or torture of children consider it a matter of course to "end the bloodline" of killed enemies. and that s humans the fmc is mentaly still half a dragon and if there is one thing established about dragon in all fantasy literature its that they are vindictive to the point of nursing grudges for centuries especialy once pissed off
also that dragon openly stating her intent to the point where even the servants feel casual about mentioning it shows a basic lack of braincells in the fmc either the tyrant wants to be killed in which case its unnecessary to mention it or he want to live in which case its just plain stupid

edit: confirmed love interest so even if this means my comment is offensive: one for the trash pile unless you are a sociopath

This story feels like it's still at the intro level where we somehow get the main info, but not too much cuz we have to wait for the story to actually start.

K I N K Y

But on a more serious note, wow did not expect the emperor to be so desperate that he'd beg on his knees at every moment he's with her. He's really become quite pathetic. Like that was really shocking to me, he just threw all that pride out of the window. Can't wait to see what she decides to do to make his life a living hell though. I wonder how she'll make him repent.

Users who are viewing this thread