The Careful Empress

I liked the Dragon part but man it got old way to fast. I wish there was a manga just in the eyes of a dragon in a dragon body.

pacing is wack and the introduction barely makes the story worth it. such a great potential though. also the art do be looking fly

Nice start but its going down too quickly, the pacing made the stories all over the place. It made sense why the rating is so low even though it has a dragon 😔
Is it just me or it feels like the author is rushing to the romance point so much.
Still this has such a beautiful art.

Yeah, I'm usually ok with weird plots, but the pacing and the situation is so hard to read lol

"The Careful Empress"
....is that satire ? 😅
They said she's "careful" lmao, someone should revise that title tbh!

She ..innocently believes anyone who 'act' kindly around her? Her teacher is suspicious person from the start ..

Dex-chan lover
(TLDR) I really like the concept of this story but it doesn't balance its dark tones that well.

So IDK here are some story beats
•Dragon deviates her revenge on the knight to becoming her loving daughter. *Cute
•Just when the family is happy the king comes to collect Mir (the dragon) as his bride. After killing many women to scare the knight (the mother) and then decided to just kill Mir family and take Mir to the palace now. *WOW dark! The revenge story is back on full force!
•Mir swears revenge and the king gives her a swordmaster to learn from * What?
•The king assigns three assassins to befriend the girl so she will be happy and even tells her so* this seems silly and we learn nothing else about these dudes for they just stick in the background
•The Empress prophecy is the reason the king did all this shit but as of chp 15 we haven't gotten much else to what the prophesy is
•The king is suffering from some sort of curse and needs Mir to wield the magic sword.
•The sword can only be wielded by someone of justice like it can't be wielded by bad PPL.
•The king will go from being a tyrant to trying to gain Mir favor such as home baking her sweets himself * what kinda 10yr shoujo bullshit is this nonsense. He literally killed her parents, 5 previous queens, and SO many ppl. Like is the author prepping us for redemption?
•The king never ages for he is the cursed Red Dragon. And to sum up that backstory he was the Giving Tree and when he found out the kid had died long ago and used him, he went on a killing spree until the gods cursed him. *Cool story, your still a murderer by the way.
•They introduce this girl to be her maid in chp 15 who I guess was engaged to the previous prince. IDK I wasn't really reading the story anymore since I didn't get why they were introducing this new thing when they yet to pay attention to the revenge story.

Mir-The dragon- I was hoping for a character in the Arya Stark range, of clever girl out for revenge, but she is shoujo oblivious type and just other dump things. Like apparently she never ate good food before? She eats this meal in her 20's and is socked food could taste so good and compares it to her life as a dragon. Was the knights family terrible cooks? Who was cooking in the palace for the last 7 yrs before this 2nd ML? And I said she is shoujo oblivious, for example, she invites the 2nd ML to her room at night and didn't get why he acted all nervous about it. Later she asks the empress what's up and still didn't get the whole reason why. She never had sex ed...she is 20.

•We get a 7 year time skip and you think that's it's going to be this jump forward in her character development too but she has the same personality as a child. Overall The time skip feels like an excuse to skip the knight training and bonding between side characters so they could get into the love triangle or whatever and I just don't give a shit about because I was invested in the revenge not the romance.

As I said before the king is a tyrant but they have him do this stupid stuff when I just wish he would stay imposing and threatening. I get he was used in his past life but this dude committed genocide, the story hints he's a love interest (and this is shoujo and he is good looking so redemption threw love is possible and I hate those) Also, he planned the wedding the same day he killed her parents and doesn't think its a bad idea. He's so stupid.

The second ML comes in and I think he really is just a chef who wants his job. • Hear me out because it does sound funny but when he came into the story I was expecting him to be like a spy or a rebel of some sort for he was acting very weird but I think he's just a chef and that adds nothing to the plot since its so comical.

Also I don't know why the story would focus him as the 2nd ML when Mir butler is right there! (he might be a 3rd love interest but his case is not as presented as strongly as the others)

It's just I really like some plot points they have here but ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't tell if this is supposed to be a serious story or a comedy, also is the romance an important focus? This story can't pick a tone so it feels very unbalanced.

@Reademup OMG your summary...😂 Thank-you so much for that, it's like this is everything I hate about these stories when I start reading them so hopefully. Now I kinda wish you'd keep reading it just so I can read your plot point summaries & comments! (But I won't ask you to sacrifice yourself.)

Fed-Kun's army
This story is a mess. No I'm serious. It has no fking idea what its doing.

So, here is what I thought I was going to get: Female Dragon's "best friend" killed her only to be reincarnated as her daughter, she forgives the knight, and wants to have happy fun times with her new family with maybe a dash of romance?

This is what you get:
And then comes the revenge plot where the Emperor who is obviously the male lead that the MC is going to get with, kills her parents in front of her. And then the crappy plot, writing, and romance comes in. Since this is now going to be the typical love redemption thing. The MC is going to forgive the piece of trash Emperor, and they are going to end up together. Yes. This will happen. Why? Because whenever korean writers use this plot line, it always, always happens. Not once, in any series, have I seen the MC not get together with basically her enemy if they are a love interest. It just doesn't happen.

Now the plot and forced reasoning for becoming the empress is sooo god damn stupid. Its obvious that its to force the romance between the Emperor (who mind you, is a murderous psychopath that killed her parents). I hope to god, this won't happen, but it will.

There is so much plot forcing. It doesn't make sense why she has to be the empress to kill him. The emperor also wants to die. So just give her the god damn magic sword and let her stab you, you shitty emperor. But no, we can't, because there has to be stupid plot reasons to stretch out the stupid plot, where she can't kill him as a kid, or he has some stupid auto-defense skill, or he can only be killed by a certain weapon that can only be wielded at a certain age in a certain ritual, stretching out the revenge so that the MC and the Emperor can get together because that's always the goal of this type of romance story, except the author keeps forgetting one thing:
Everyone hates the Emperor and wants him to die (including himself), and he killed the MC's parents when she was basically at her happiest moment in her life (she was basically lonely and finally accepted her family), in which case, no one, in their right mind, would ever fall in love with the person who killed them, especially when they know who it is (so you can't pull the killer reveal card). But, no, the plot is going to try and make the emperor "pitiful" (won't work, because we, as the audience still know and remember that he killed the MC's parents and basically the whole empire) and slowly make it so that the MC ends up forgiving him (readers will never accept it, because, once again, HE KILLED HER PARENTS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER), and they end up falling in love.

Why do I keep repeating this? Because its the most stupidest thing ever. And.... HE KILLED HER FUCKING PARENTS! Why, and I mean, WHY WOULD THE AUTHOR EVEN THINK THAT WE WOULD WANT TO SEE THE PARENT KILLER AS A LOVE INTEREST? A psychopathic blood thirsty serial killer is one thing, but the guy who willing killed the MC's parents "just for the luls" is entirely different altogether.

I really, really hope that all the foreshadowing and setting up flags is only a trick to make us think that, and the MC actually kills the emperor when she becomes queen.

Oh right, here's the story evaluation:
As for the writing in general, its all over the place. The tone doesn't know if it wants to be dark and depressing or a light heart-ed comedy. It doesn't mix well.
There's a horrible use of time skip where the MC doesn't develop in anyway, except maybe her skills (but not as a character), and remains the same.
The characters are pretty one note.
Too much time is devoted to trying to make the MC do stupid shit that is out of character just to make him pitiful. I guess hes bipolar cause his personality and character traits change at the will of the romance development.
There is no character development. For like, 7 years or so, we still have no idea about the characters except the MC and the Emperor (Male lead?)
There is no world building so far. 7 years pass, and we still basically have no idea what the rules of the world are.
Everything, the plot specifically, is incredibly rushed so we could get straight to the romance between the Antagonist/Male Lead Emperor and the MC.
I literally don't care about any other character but the MC, because the author so far, hasn't given us much of a reason to care for any side character since... we don't know about them.

And yes, I know, its only 16 chapters in, but this is not good writing. You have to develop characters and the plot slowly. You can even develop romance slowly over time, there was actually no need for the time skip, because we couldn't see the MC change in the time skip. Good thing she didn't change... at all, so I guess the time-skip didn't really matter.

To be honest, I would have rather preferred to read about happy fun times with her family, than this convoluted plot to kill the Emperor in a forced revenge/redemption romance. I don't mind fish out of water series, especially if they are about dragons turning into little girls and trying to learn about family. Its really cute and endearing. This would probably have made for a more fun and interesting story than what we would probably get.

I'll forgive it, though if the MC actually ends up killing the Emperor on the wedding night, like the plan goes, so we can skip this dumb Emperor stuff, and get to well, the MC doing more fun things. But, in all likelyhood, the plan fails, and we will get another 100+ chapters of "trying to kill the Emperor" only for MC to fall in love (gross). And the author is going to dedicate quite a few chapters to try and make us forget that the set up was that she wanted revenge for killing her parents.

I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I give this series 10 stars, just for being able to defy my expectations and not use one of the worst possible romance types. I came here for loli-dragon, and stayed for revenge, and I damn well better get my dose of revenge. But yeah, the writing isn't the best. The art is good, but its clear their is no direction.

Wow just wow, how was this allowed to be published and was the editor just skimming thru or did he/she just forgot to tell the author to add more details as well as flesh out the story a ton more.

The story feels like the author planned for a 100 thousand words story but only got authorised to write a 100 words.

The plot(if it can be called that) is superficial and forced.

The FL acts the same even after a 7 year growth period of interacting with humans.

also my biggest gripe after 16 chapters is WTF is the God thinking.

You have Azar a reincarnated dragon who was betrayed by humans and was acting out his revenge, did nothing then till the person Goddess favored was killed.
Then Reincarnated him as human so that he could kill more humans on a larger scale. Then to finish him off got another dragon to reincarnate plus had her family killed.

The Goddess I feel should just call itself the author, all it's actions are to spice up the story in some ways

In conclusion a below avg storytelling with great illustrations especially the starting.

If the emperor doesn’t die in the next 10 chapters, this shit of a story deserve to be trashed

Contributor
That description is... a significant lie of omission. I understand the intention, but it in so doing it completely obfuscates what sort of story it is.

From this description you would think this is one of those "the heroine teams up with the villain for revenge" plots...

...not, "the protagonist is physically forced into a marriage with the man who brutally murdered her most precious people, and must live in a hellscape while plotting revenge".

Those are two very different sorts of plots.

I had to drop this, I got so frustrated with everyone’s character and actions, it’s so bizarre and poorly thought out. The art is great though
The story was cute at the beginning but after
Mir’s parents get killed
it all goes downhill from there

Ugh it's getting harder and harder to read because it almost feel like they're planning to excuse, ya know,
killing her parents in front of her when she was a child.
Especially the whole
you have to kiss the man who murdered your parents in front of everyone for your wedding ceremony or else the wedding won't go forward because you can't break tradition when they already have the whole plan to decorate it like a funeral and show up in a funeral dress! You've already eschewed tradition! Feels super gross to make her kiss this dude!
I haven't been pushed over the edge yet just out of hopes this might have a satisfying conclusion but... Yeah I'm debating dropping for sure.
Thank you for your hard work, translators!

@hedgemoney
Honestly reading your comment was so much more satisfying than the comic itself. You are the chalky but pleasant shot of pepto-bismol after a feast of questionable food stuffs. Thank you.

you know i'm hoping she legit just kills him and the moment is just "oh, he dead" just to fuck with everybody reading and complaining about the plot.
I mean, I agree for the most part, but I'm not feelin the absolute fury y'all seem to be putting out.
I see this like a prequel... kill the emperor, become empress, and then the REAL story should start up, with miss dragon now not knowing what to do with her life, and having to deal with being empress and taking charge of all the politics and stuff she is clueless about. Meet the other "queen", mebbe some yuri royal romance in there, obviously there should be some heavy woohooing with the chef boy...
Yeah, I know my hopes are probably not gonna happen. It'll probably just be that she somehow fails to kill the emperor, or he reincarnates or something wierd like she did, and then we get a romantic triangle with chef boy and repeated attempts to kill the guy again while inevitably falling for him.
But I'm still hoping, anyway. Because fuck you, that's why. :D

Users who are viewing this thread