The Case of the Beastkin Captain's Temporary Engagement

Aggregator gang
for those confused by the wording of the summary, it is NOT yaoi, it is about a girl who was dressed like a boy and a guy...although she is 13 and he's 25 so you might still not want to read depending on other preferences/dislikes

We need a fucking pedo tag for this sort of crap.
Good move from the translation team to drop it because of this ^^

it got dropped anyways, you don't have to worry about the age gap, but honestly nobody would be saying shit if this were OneexShota that has essentialy the same gender gaps, but anyways thats how hypocrisy works.

the age gap is... 🤢
kudos for being able to finish the chapter despite the discomfort it caused you though, love your translations.

Thank you, there are few mangas of this kind, other than Yaoi,
thank you very much

@Asaryth: So much this. As soon as it's shota stuff most people don't even bat an eye.

I would have liked to see a few more chapters before the decision to drop it. But I guess we'll never know, unless somebody really wants to pick it up.

I love this at first sight....

But, I will not support pedophilia. (😢😢)
Being pinned and getting bit.... as a 13 yrOld by a 25yrOld man....

i would just like to say, i would definitely be saying shit about the age gap even if the genders were reversed.

relationships between grown adults and minors are fucking gross. it’s not excusable in any circumstance. if you try to justify it or play devil’s advocate, i suggest you reevaluate yourself.

knowing what i know now and seeing the manga cover makes me feel sick.

@Asaryth i don't agree, i think a lot of people would speak up regardless. the key thing is that people click this thinking it's gonna be another cute shoujo, and that the protagonist is probably just a petite woman. then, when you read it, you figure out that's not the case... so of course people speak up about it, not knowing it was that kind of thing. usually people who are bothered by stuff like this try to stay away from it, so the ones with more 'obvious' covers, age gaps or creepy stuff are gonna get more clicks from people who actually wanna read that kind of thing

@jayjam most of the people support oneexshota becouse of the women being as hot as the mangaka can make her, so as soon people see big breast they forget that Onee x Shota content is acctualy pedophilia. Thats how machismo works. Of course i don't support pedophilia but we have to take two things in mind 1. the manga has a medieval atmosphere and this kind of stuff happenned alot 2.
he bitted her
but that doesn't mean he laid with her, so there is no sexual harassment. I don't know where this work came from but i'm almost 100% sure that there's no way they show love situations until she grows , maybe a time skip in early chapters. I'm just figthing hypocrisy, the scan did well dropping this manga, nobody should work in something that make yourself fell bad.

This feels like bad fanfiction level of writing just to establish current situation.

@hightide don't get me wrong, people has to speak up so any mangaka dares to create this kind of content, and nobody should dare to buy it. I got baited by the cute shojo cover as you say and half way in the read i thought that the tags were wrong and the manga was actually Yaoi, so i think so, tags has to ve changed and there should be some kind of warnning regading age gap. What i'm trying to illustrate is that there's people being hypocrite by shitting in the age gap of this manga while consumming other kind of pedophilia with oversexualised women and small boys whitch should be as disgusting as this age gap is.

@Asaryth assuming that the ones speaking up about it now would be ok with the other thing is quite the strong assumption. i highly doubt that anyone who doesn't like this would like that stuff in general. not to say that those kinds of people don't exist, but you're kind of criticizing a ghost here. it just comes across as if you're mad at the people who are actually speaking up about it now, without even knowing their stance on it and calling them hypocrites. since you also got baited by it, you should understand where the majority of the comments are coming from.

I wouldnt mind it if the romance would only start when shes grown up. Like they could be normal friends and when shes an adult they fall in love/start developing feelings later. I dont mind age gaps but I'm not comfortable when the other person is clearly underage. But this is a romance manga so it will show way too early..😐 Maybe if there are multiple time skips eeeh..I understand though if nobody wanted to continue to translate it

Users who are viewing this thread