The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 10 Ch. 136 - I Remembered Something Important

Dex-chan lover
So many Manga later and I still don't understand why the common cold is a death sentence in Japan. Nothing to Yamada - more like just manga in general, I guess - but even if my parents were home if I told them I was leaving a trip so they can take care of me due to a cold I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed out of the house. For once I'd like to see something actually concerning like "oh no, X character caught pneumonia". Something that doesn't mean I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes and, without even meaning to, downplay what's supposed to be a romantic and vulnerable moment.
Ever read up on their health system?

Dex-chan lover
It’s dangerous in your (and her) heart if you don’t take care of your rabbi-… your girlfriend

Contributor
That bathtub scene. Kyou gets to return a bit of the favor Anna did for him when he was sick. But repaying that in full will have to wait. He can't exactly go into nursing boyfriend mode now because their relationship is still a secret to some.

Aggregator gang
So many Manga later and I still don't understand why the common cold is a death sentence in Japan. Nothing to Yamada - more like just manga in general, I guess - but even if my parents were home if I told them I was leaving a trip so they can take care of me due to a cold I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed out of the house. For once I'd like to see something actually concerning like "oh no, X character caught pneumonia". Something that doesn't mean I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes and, without even meaning to, downplay what's supposed to be a romantic and vulnerable moment.
are we reading the same chapter? where is her cold portrayed as something deadly? Ichi hugged her not because she has a cold but because even though she's the one who's suffering she didn't say anything because she's afraid she's gonna be a bother again. Also, taking care of your loved ones when they are sick is a given, I doubt your parents would laugh at you cause that's fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
but she is a sex object, she wants to be treated as a sex object, and it's morally good to treat her as a sex object

i mean sure don't touch yourself but it's the overall morality that's the problem here

Dex-chan lover
Damn kyo, you can't go treating your girl like a sex object you need to treat her like a sex person.

Aggregator gang

I was working in my company's Tokyo office for a few weeks, and I caught a very mild cold. A couple of my Japanese colleagues seemed super concerned about it and were offering advice and suggesting all sorts of remedies. Which was an interesting cultural contrast, because at home it would be something unremarkable, and I wouldn't expect anything more than a "hope you feel better soon!" - if even that!

Fed-Kun's army
Author has really gotten good with hair over time, huh. I keep looking at Moeko's slight frazzle, and you can feel the weight of Anna's hair in its flow.

Dex-chan lover
That hug might just be as sweet as their first kiss.
Yamada really is trying not to be a bother to their study retreat and it's also nice Ichikawa remembered and tried to give Yamada some attention.

Fed-Kun's army
Is no one else having a hard time following the story in the recent chapters?? For me its been hard to follow ever since that random fight
Not trying to offend you or anything but I think the last part of your comment says a lot about why you might be having trouble following the story, the fight between Moeko and Anna was not a random one - they both had some unresolved stuff that had been brewing under the surface for a while.

Dex-chan lover
Why does the author consider jerking it to your gf as a bad thing? This has come up before and I assumed it was just some silly thing but it came up again here.

Dex-chan lover
same reason japanese mcs are always scared of sexuality - modern emasculation of men plus the victorian-feminist idea of women as angels on a pedestal where any sexuality involving them must be a barbaric attack by a man against their innocence

author is mostly just showing that boys think this way, not agreeing with it

though again, masturbation is a sin

same reason japanese mcs are always scared of sexuality - modern emasculation of men plus the victorian-feminist idea of women as angels on a pedestal where any sexuality involving them must be a barbaric attack by a man against their innocence

author is mostly just showing that boys think this way, not agreeing with it

though again, masturbation is a sin

I might be wrong, but I think this is a misinterpretation. Kyo masturbated several times -especially in the first four volumes. He also did it after he talked with Adachi -so I also think there is no (hidden) complex. For example, in Chapter 56 Yamada is in his room, and he checks his trash bin (plus the magazine is still there).

I think he simply does not want to use or see Yamada only as an object (and he is right about that). On the other side, he is fourteen and tends to overthink things. He is also not in a private space and his friends are nearby...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread