The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 5 Ch. 58 - I Want to Rely on Her

Fed-Kun's army
So currently the only girl in Yamada's group who knows of the situation is moe huh.

Let's see how long it'll take for the other two to catch on

Fed-Kun's army
At this point can we agree that they are low key dating? He probably isn't aware that they are, but I'm pretty sure she knows and already has shit planned out for their relationship for at least the next 6 months. Girls like her, ain't no down time. They're thinking and planning 24/7.

Also, TYVM for the complete chapter. Did not disappoint! The extras, while nice, are like nibbling on tortilla chips while waiting for the whole enchilada!

Dex-chan lover
plot twist: this was all part of this plan, after he gets close to yamada, marries her, and has kids then he kills her obviously

Aggregator gang
@Gravewind Unless the MC decides to become actually honest with himself, no.
But I do think they should have had intercourse many chapters ago now.

Aggregator gang
The fact Yamada's friends (aside from Moe) clearly show nothing but disdain towards Ichikawa, it makes me want to see them catch on to the fact that Yamada has a thing for Ichikawa just to see what their reaction would be.

I kind of hope it steers into the whole "these girls find Ichikawa to be repulsive" angle because they clearly respect and care for Yamada, to the point where some on the outside view this as "cronies worshiping the class idol", and they definitely would not approve of her being in a romantic relationship with Ichikawa; the class outcast. (again aside from Moe who is shockingly the most emotionally mature, or at least the most aware of other peoples feelings, within Yamada's friend group)

The story would then lead into how Ichikawa and Yamada would react to said disapproval and how it would affect their relationship. Even if it is just a 1-2 chapter mini arc of sorts, I think it would be interesting for the manga to go down this road, or at the very least have the manga acknowledge that Yamada's friends (sans Moe) clearly don't view Ichiakwa within the highest of regards.

Also the fact that the doujin by Fountains Square has one of the friends be a shipper on deck while the main manga has her almost be the exact opposite type of character, well it just makes me chuckle to see such a contrast.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane @_twxx99 , I guess the reason they thought it was gross is that maybe they thought he was trying to show off somehow? Like, he was always quiet and stuff, and then all of a sudden shows up with a cute charm and a cast in his arm. Maybe they thought he was just seeking attention, be it from yamada or the others in his class.

I dunno. It's hard to tell.

Fed-Kun's army
I know that the manga tries to portray Ichikawa as a Beta type of character, that he's timid and easily looked over. To me, though, I think he's Alpha af. To have that kind of self-awareness at that age, and to be able to be honest with himself as to his true feelings - knowing what his feelings actually ARE - puts him ahead of the pack.

Well, I can only compare to how I was. Now, I've enough experience with women, but when I was at Ichikawa's age, girls were just barely beginning to register on my radar. I only felt that they were slightly different from the guys; knowing that they had feelings that had to be taken care of was something unimaginable at that time.

Then again, maybe the author is aware of this too, seeing as to how Yamada's girl friends are immature shitheads. It's as if the two are on a patch of land, surrounded by shark-infested waters. Ichikawa and Yamada are both so different from the rest of the pack, to the point they have to hide their true feelings for the moment.

The dangers in my heart... wouldn't be so bad if the assholes they go to school with weren't so insufferable.

Fed-Kun's army
Feel like some of y'all are forgetting that Serina has a perma-scowl. There have already been a couple of indications that she knows something is going on between them, she seems indifferent more than anything else to me.

Not what I was expecting. My version of the dialog

"Yamada for example"
"Sensei, think carfully about what I need help with, and what the person your suggesting is capable of doing."
"Do you really think I will be able to learn anything from her notes?"
"ugh... I'll have Moe send you a copy of hers"
*ehh... why?*
"She is the top of the class after all"
*!*

Dex-chan lover
@KazumaLee94 They don't have disdain for him, they just thought he was trying too hard to get appeal and attention by showing off the dog key chain. That's why one of them said "Is he trying to stand out with some gap appeal?", contrary to his usual quiet and aloof self. They're all relatively neutral towards him normally.

Dex-chan lover
Cute, but weird to read because Yamada's tactic is exactly the same as my own as a father when asking for an apology. Still, the character growth in this manga continues to be effortless and natural, Ichikawa's panic and regret took me right back once again.

Users who are viewing this thread