The Dangers in My Heart

Dex-chan lover
Title can be more correctly translated as 'The person dangerous to my heart' btw.

Dex-chan lover
Png

Yeah I really think this manga would better served without the beginning sections with the incelly type stuff. Like it'd be fine to keep edgy loner introspection and he didn't have to act like the basically good if clueless person he showed himself to be by later chapters, but I think it went a little too far with it.

They're both adorable now so I try to avoid thinking about the first chapter at all.

So I was hoping for some John Cleaver type stuff served Sakurai Norio style, and what I get is retarded Aharen-san. Great.

>the incelly type stuff.

Uh-huh. Sorry (notsorry), but having witnessed how you argue in two other threads, I kinda have to wonder: how come someone as pretentious and assured in themselves as you also manages to display such dull, skin-deep level understanding of (what I assume you perceive being) a rather dangerous social phenomena? Id think one would be much more interested in immediately dangerous, potential 'pathologies'.

You'd think wrong if you expect me to seriously expect an in-depth character study of the causes, nature, and development of dangerous antisocial personality types out of what is obviously nothing more than a cute if by the numbers SoL manga about a loner getting along with, seemingly, his sole point of contact in the class.

What the first chapter was is nothing more than gratuitous shock value that takes away from both of the characters and their dynamic, and nothing more. It adds nothing to the story that his edgier comments in later chapters didn't, is completely at odds with his characterization outside MAYBE the first two or so chapters, and on a deeper level makes their interactions more than a little uncomfortable considering we're supposed to be rooting for these two.

You misapprehend me. I'm not saying such content isn't ever appropriate, I'm saying it doesn't make sense in this story because the aim of this story is clearly not to examine the mind of an individual who would display the behaviors the main character displayed in the first chapter. It's just kinda...there? And because it's just kinda there I find it off putting.

Maybe what you're asking for that'd be more interesting than what this manga is, but it's not what this manga is. You can go on expecting stringent stories exploring the psychological development of society's outcasts and how that molds them to react to the outside world. Perhaps you were fooled into expecting something else from the description, because the description is talking about things this manga is almost assuredly not. One day you might stumble on something where that expectation is actually appropriate. I'll go on thinking this story is cute for what it is.

Edit; Also I only recall arguing in one manga comments page, so not quite certain about where you're getting two threads from. Though I'm not really certain since I don't know how to check posts outside of notifications. But you can bet I certainly feel assured about my conduct in the one I do remember given the topic.

Aggregator gang
My judgement for reading this has been clouded since I just finished watching ThatChapter a minute ago, so I can't help but see this in a bad light and no humor Lol

Why the heck is there a shota tag? It's not shota when both are the same age.

Ya'll know the description is supposed to be facetious right? The Chuuni card isn't anything new.

Seriously though give it a read, its great, it grows out of the edgelord like jokes pretty quickly into some nice fluffy goodness.

Dex-chan lover
I really like this not-too-subtle "both are aware of each other's feeling" slow burn romance/flirt fest. Good stuff; Sakurai Norio has fine taste as usual.

Contributor
Third place among male readers in 2020's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! ranking:
http://konomanga.jp/special/konoman2020
https://twitter.com/lovely_pig328/status/1204599357493768192

Users who are viewing this thread