The Daughter of Evil and Miss Devil - Ch. 8 - She's my Deskmate

Dex-chan lover
Like I said she hates all the nobles I haven't specified a name, it doesn't matter who is that noble is.
That is her personality a character who hates the nobles so much isn't rare man***s, Kaye have never wronged Ada she just completely ignoring her 😅 this probably 90% of how stories starts.
I guess the disconnect between us is that I want a reason for why she hates all nobles. She isn't a person from this world and it's been what, a few days since they transmigrated? Where does her hate for nobles come from? If we're just basing it off what we've seen, everyone, both nobles and commoners, have treated her poorly. Everyone except Ada and the Heroine. Yet she's more accepting of the Heroine because "Nobles bad".

It just doesn't click for me 🤷‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
I guess the disconnect between us is that I want a reason for why she hates all nobles.
It's maybe because the attitude toward the richs in Chinese related media is either extreme bootlicking (if people want something from them/being their lackeys) or eat the rich sometime literally , there is no in-between/being neutral at all. It's quite annoying if you want some sort of logical reason for it but usually the author doesn't give any explanation and just moves on with the story. Just treat it as a cultural-related cliche/quirk.

Dex-chan lover
That's my problem with her. Ada hasn't done anything for Kaye to assume she's just like all the others. Everytime someone tries to justify it, they bring up other people (the Prince, the leech clinging to Ada's family name) not Ada. What has Ada specifically done? Nothing. All Kaye knows about her is that she was friendly when they first met in that store. So saying Kaye doesn't like her because she's a noble and rich regardless of who Ada is as a person just makes her shallow and unlikable to me.

Also, everyone keeps bringing up Ada pulling away at hearing Kaye is the Demonlord, but that's a ridiculous reason to write someone off as a bad person, especially when it's the person who just tried to save her. She didn't mock her, belittle her, or anything. Just drew back in shock at hearing the word Demonlord. How evil of her
She has done something. Wasn't it you and I who discussed this last chapter? They had that initial interaction that I explained.

I'll just link to what I said again. You didn't respond last time, I think.

Dex-chan lover
She has done something. Wasn't it you and I who discussed this last chapter? They had that initial interaction that I explained.

I'll just link to what I said again. You didn't respond last time, I think.
Again, that's not something Ada did. The leech (she isn't a friend, she's someone who is unilaterally sticking to Ada because of her family name) was flaunting her money, the leech was mocking her for being poor, and it's the leech who is the only person in the wrong in that situation. Ada stuck up for her and Kaye decided to be offended by that rather than grateful, choosing to view it as charity just because she found out her "savior" was rich.

If you want to sum up that interaction, the only thing Ada did to Kaye was smile, say hi, and buy her something. Oh, and think she's beautiful 😁

Dex-chan lover
Again, that's not something Ada did. The leech (she isn't a friend, she's someone who is unilaterally sticking to Ada because of her family name) was flaunting her money, the leech was mocking her for being poor, and it's the leech who is the only person in the wrong in that situation. Ada stuck up for her and Kaye decided to be offended by that rather than grateful, choosing to view it as charity just because she found out her "savior" was rich.

If you want to sum up that interaction, the only thing Ada did to Kaye was smile, say hi, and buy her something. Oh, and think she's beautiful 😁
You're not understanding that interaction from Kaye's perspective. But that's all I can say. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Dex-chan lover
You're not understanding that interaction from Kaye's perspective. But that's all I can say. We'll have to agree to disagree.
No, I understand it. I just find it ridiculous for her to lump both of them together in that situation when one of them was clearly just trying to help and be nice.

But yes, agree to disagree

I guess the disconnect between us is that I want a reason for why she hates all nobles. She isn't a person from this world and it's been what, a few days since they transmigrated? Where does her hate for nobles come from? If we're just basing it off what we've seen, everyone, both nobles and commoners, have treated her poorly. Everyone except Ada and the Heroine. Yet she's more accepting of the Heroine because "Nobles bad".

It just doesn't click for me 🤷‍♂️
If I remember correctly in 'ch5' Kaye mentioned that "There is always nasty people no matter the world is" so obviously she do have past with these kinda of people, Heronie approach isn't the same as Ada she came and greeted her normally not giving her something expensive on first meeting which is something offensive for many people it's not help. Matter fact even with heronie Kaye had doubts that she isn't bad.

With your logic that Kaye hates rich ppl is not sensible then it doesn't make sense that Jessica and rest of school approach Ada because of her family name.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly in 'ch5' Kaye mentioned that "There is always nasty people no matter the world is" so obviously she do have past with these kinda of people, Heronie approach isn't the same as Ada she came and greeted her normally not giving her something expensive on first meeting which is something offensive for many people it's not help. Matter fact even with heronie Kaye had doubts that she isn't bad.

With your logic that Kaye hates rich ppl is not sensible then it doesn't make sense that Jessica and rest of school approach Ada because of her family name.
I don't see how that translates to all nobles = bad. That's more like a generalized statement that there are, well, nasty people everywhere. It doesn't specify rich. And if you go back to that chapter where they met, Ada went up to greet her normally too. It was the first thing she did.

Like, I can see how someone can respond the way Kaye did to Ada stepping in and buying the orb for her, but again, she isn't actually the poor daughter of a guy drowning in debt. She is a modern high school girl. Her reaction, calling it charity, and acting as if she feels lesser to nobles/the rich felt out of the blue to me. She hasn't had the life experiences to create that kind of mindset. I hope that makes sense.

As for Jessica and the others, its established that Ada's family is a big deal so I can buy everyone envying her and wanting to mooch off her. There was a chunk of a chapter dedicated to her father bragging about their family after all

I don't see how that translates to all nobles = bad. That's more like a generalized statement that there are, well, nasty people everywhere. It doesn't specify rich. And if you go back to that chapter where they met, Ada went up to greet her normally too. It was the first thing she did.

Like, I can see how someone can respond the way Kaye did to Ada stepping in and buying the orb for her, but again, she isn't actually the poor daughter of a guy drowning in debt. She is a modern high school girl. Her reaction, calling it charity, and acting as if she feels lesser to nobles/the rich felt out of the blue to me. She hasn't had the life experiences to create that kind of mindset. I hope that makes sense.

As for Jessica and the others, its established that Ada's family is a big deal so I can buy everyone envying her and wanting to mooch off her. There was a chunk of a chapter dedicated to her father bragging about their family after all
What are you talking about, Ada literally haven't introduced her self probably like caroline to Kaye yet. Hating nobles/rich is common, It's just a thing like some rich hates poor people. Its not just in manhuas its in irl as well. If you read more manh*as u probably gonna see this is pretty much normal 😅
1st. she opend her eyes and some people beating her up asking for money.
2nd. Discovered that her family is poor and in debt and her mother isn't there.
3rd. Watch 2 rich kids fought with money.
4th. Gets bully because she's poor and talented. What kinda of life experience you are waiting 👀?
Her memories is also shared with demon lord

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What are you talking about, Ada literally haven't introduced her self probably like caroline to Kaye yet. Hating nobles/rich is common, It's just a thing like some rich hates poor people. Its not just in manhuas it in irl as well. If you read more manh*as u probably gonna see this is pretty much normal 😅
1st. she opend her eyes and some people beating her up asking for money.
2nd. Discovered that her family is poor and in debt and her mother isn't there.
3rd. Watch 2 rich kids fought with money.
4th. Gets bully because she's poor and talented. What kinda of life experience you are waiting 👀?
Her memories is also shared with demon lord
Chapter 3 the very first line of dialogue, after Ada thinking Kaye is beautiful and Kaye thinking Ada's red hair is ridiculous, is Ada saying "Hi! Were you also thinking of buying this crystal ball?" Hi is quite literally the first thing they say to each other.

1 and 2 have nothing to do with nobles and 4 was both nobles and commoners. For 3, Jessica was the only one flaunting her wealth and putting them down. All Ada did was out bid her for the crystal ball and then offer it to Kaye.

Does that memory contain countless examples of Nobles messing with her all through out her life? That would be what I consider life experiences. Nobles bullying her as she grew up which led to her current hate and distrust towards them. Oh. Or The Mortimer family specifically are the reason Kaye's mom is gone and her father is drowning in debt. That could work too

Last edited:
Chapter 3 the very first line of dialogue, after Ada thinking Kaye is beautiful and Kaye thinking Ada's red hair is ridiculous, is Ada saying "Hi! Were you also thinking of buying this crystal ball?" Hi is quite literally the first thing they say to each other.

1 and 2 have nothing to do with nobles and 4 was both nobles and commoners. For 3, Jessica was the only one flaunting her wealth and putting them down. All Ada did was out bid her for the crystal ball and then offer it to Kaye.

Does that memory contain countless examples of Nobles messing with her all through out her life? That would be what I consider life experiences. Nobles bullying her as she grew up which led to her current hate and distrust towards them. Oh. Or The Mortimer family specifically are the reason Kaye's mom is gone and her father is drowning in debt. That could work too
Like I said it's not the same as croline.
At this point I don't feel like you understanding the connect in words here. It feels like you understand why she hates rich ppl now, but don't understand why she hates nobles 😅.
Either way...
after ch10 Kaye real personality will strats to show and develop. As for demon lord there isn't much to say about her past atm but it seems she lost someone important to her (The Light mage Blonde next to Valerie in ch3 when Ada maid explaining colleges uniform), Valerie was asking Kaye to revenge?, to takes her resentment and not forgive.

Extra spoilers you don't have to read it.
Kaye is gonna be targeted from Valerie followers and while Kaye doesn't understand anything Ada is trying to protect her. They wants Valerie to takes Kaye body.Ada mentioned that the story is going faster than it should. It seems those followers aren't really bad but they love Valerie she probaby saved them, and raised them

The english translation is way slower than Raw releases so it might take a while to understand all charachters. This is why I mentioned the 'patience'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread