The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

When people don't get that Mary wanted to be condemned by her own actions...

It's been clear from the start that Mary is super prideful. If she's going to go down, it'll be by her own hands, so why should she take the fall for other people's actions? It just wouldn't make sense for her character to allow that.

Fed-Kun's army
I do like the humour in this chapter, but the argument Mary made in defense of herself is not really logical. I have no idea why questioning her manners is the same as questioning her parents’ fidelity, unless the actual accusation is that Mary is unladylike because she is a commoner’s child or mixed blood, hence the implication that her father or mother has been unfaithful.

It could also have been her tactic to use troll logic to confuse her accusers.

Regarding why she didn’t just follow along with the comdemnation event, I think it is because this condemnation was not a part of her plan. If she were to fall, she would want to fall from her own actions, not just because she was framed.

@zdarkbrz_816 it's essentially just calling her childish. don't know if the author actually knows what teething fever is referring to, but it's something specific in babies, so people believing in that ridiculous lie is as though people can believe her to be that immature

@illusion_moon So basically their arguments were mainly centered around her "indecent" behavior and normally I decent in that period would have been considered playing with men they aren't engaged or married to, so another issue seemed to be because of her so called "indecency" people were questioning her noble birth and thinking she may have been an illegitimate child since she doesn't uphold the "perfect" dignity a ducal family would embody, hence they are questioning her parents' fidelity and possible taking a lover without the public knowing (this is considered shameful if a child is born from that) hence why the student council acted the way they did. I hope I explained it properly? If not, idk I tried my best 😂

Dex-chan lover
When someone just tried to socially kill you with lies, but all you do is a simple rebuke. After so many villainess stories, this cliche is now largely unsatisfying.

@illusion_moon Pretty much troll logic but yeah, the chain goes:
"So you're saying I'm not acting like a noble? Hmmm...
That perhaps I'm not a true noble? That maybe some commoner blood got mixed in? Hmmmmm....
That my parents weren't faithful? Hmmmmmmm....
That my mother is a filthy whore? HmmmmmmmmmmmMM..
That's what you're saying, HMMMMMMM?"

Dex-chan lover
uuuh.... what the fuck! am I reading the same manga the past 8 chapters lol

Dex-chan lover
Wha--that came out of nowhere. This is my fave villainess manga because I love the mistress x servant relationship, but it's really going downhill and getting rushed imo (story pacing I mean, I know the translations were on the slower side)
Maybe I should read the novel.

Thanks for the chapter!

So I was reading the comments and saw many readers saying that this chapter was weird. I know she was aiming for the ruin and didn't go for it in this chapter.

If I were Mary of course I wouldn't want to get ruined if those people pinning me for something I didn't do and her noble pride prevailed in the end, seeing her parents were also being mocked, so she didn't back down.

So that's it.

So, let me get this straight... everything is staged by Patrick?

Users who are viewing this thread