The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

What? They didn't have any proof and tried to publicly condemn innocent person and only got a slap on their wrist? They even got a teacher on their side.... At very least made them clean the school for the rest of semester or something

Fed-Kun's army
Chapter is paced like it was the final chapter because axe-kun came out to play.

Dex-chan lover
They got off way too easy..
Patrick is wtf, all he would have to do is tell about mary and his authority should have been enough for them to believe him

A decent series that took a heavy downwards spiral this chapter..

Double-page supporter
The chapter feels like a random confusing side note, but it was worth it just to see Alicia pout for her Mary.

That chapter was weird as F.

1. Why did this condemnation event happen to begin with. Do we just chalk it up to it being a "fated event" that always happens because there was basically no logic in the accusation even when the victim claimed otherwise
2. Why did the accusers get off so easily? She literally said during the event that she would show them what bullying from her family is really like which implies that she would you know, do something.
3. Why did she even deny the claims to begin with? Her entire objective for the whole series was to achieve her "ruin" ending and she reconfirmed her beliefs literally in the chapter before. Shouldn't her character view this as a fated event and just accept all the accusations to achieve the ending she's being going for this entire story? She's acting like she's accepted that fate isn't real and will lead her own path in life now but the last chapter literally confirmed that she had the exact opposite views on the matter. This chapter seems like it's supposed to be her triumphant battle against fate but the buildup to said event is completely contradictory to her actual actions
4. For a "big moment" her arguments were just really pathetic. Like she basically just strawmanned a guys statements to warp it into a diss on her family and gave a very very vague threat that she didn't even follow through on. I was expecting some kick ass empowering scene where she just blasts these idiots with facts or swings her family power around but instead we got these wet noodle arguments and it was still treated as if it was some huge reveal that nobody expected.

That chapter was just so jarring and pretty disappointing compared to what we've experienced up to this point. regardless of the criticism of the chapter itself though Thank you guys a bunch for translating the chapter! bit disappointing to see the story go this direction but you guys are still the best for allowing us to experience this story regardless of the chapter itself!

What kind of bullshit chapter is this? I like everything so far but this set up??? I mean whyyy????? And it is not properly executed lmao

,, y'all if I was Mary I would NOT pull back my punches. I know this is a game event and all, buT TO BE CONFRONTED LIKE THIS IS JUST A HASSLE. being labelled as a villainess be damned, she won't be held accountable for any punishment she decides upon them because they did, in fact, were slandering the Albert household to an extent. and tf is up with that half assed apology in the end that event is not something you can simply apologize for.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was...weird.

As I understand it, other fanclub girls started harassing the wholesome AF Alicia while her BFF was away and couldn't protect her. They pinned it on Mary and the Student Council...believed the fake evidence, I guess?

To go after her that aggressively is strange though. Did she really just build up resentment from her peers? Even so, they were picking a fight with the family essentially big enough to rival royalty. It was Mary's perfect out for getting condemned and reducing her house's power, but since she didn't take it, how did they get off so lightly?

Thanks for translating - I agree with everyone that this chapter was weird .. Didn't she want to be condemned? Why did she deny everything?

Users who are viewing this thread