The Diary of a Middle-Aged Teacher's Carefree Life in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Ossan Becomes a Freeloader

Dex-chan lover
@nkinta you guys should get a proofreader. preferably one that naturally speaks english and not me because i have a job

Supporter
@nkinta
bet you could use some google formulars or excelsheets to get multiple people participating in proofreading easily. though no native speeker myself, and without being able to understand the original content, checking such scripts would be easy i presume

Dex-chan lover
In South East Asia
Santol is a fruit with a distinguishable smell.

Contributor
Forget the translation, the CG bear is the best thing in the chapter.

Supporter
I just noticed, but why do MC (who often live in town so big you can't see the other side, like tokyo) always get surprised at the size of a medieval town which must have barely 100k-200k people at best?

Another manga mystery I guess...

he's wondering why the inventory can be used in this world, I guess he didn't read the goddess message properly.

Group Leader
@SeryjVolk @seekermoc @slightly @Drifter @aFFi @Crywolf641 @twinklecake @sketches @Zephyrum_Alsend @Wolvenworks @larcek
To begin with, phew, that's a lot of people to ping.
Sorry to bother you, while English is not my natively spoken language, I've been around you tea drinkers or MURICA, FUCK YEAH screamers for quite enough time to be at least confident in my Engrish.
While I've never really done any PR/QC job in the scanlation world, I thought these chapters really needed it and witnessing that no one was going to do it, I jumped aboard and gave it a try.
Chapter 4 has been updated from what I've edited (I both fixed any mistake I found, sentences not making any sense written the way they were written but also some typesetting issues : size, centering, etc).
If despite my intervention on this chapter, you still find issues, feel free to report them to me I'll update the chapter asap. I should also work on chapters 3 and 5 since chapter 1 isn't from Assafoo and chapter 2's already PR by Sheriff Scans. The new chapters should be PR by someone from Sheriff Scans too.

I hope this can satisfy what some felt dissatisfying and please the ones who were already more lenient about it. Every feedback is welcomed :)

Dex-chan lover
@Shyning i'm not american i'm indonesian. my english just happens to be so good that i naturally prefer it over my actual mothertongue. but no worries; i'm already used to ppl mistaking me for a native english speaker since at this point i might as well count as one wkwk

@Shyning It's much improved! There's an issue on pg22, panel 2, "this kind of things" should be either "these kinds of things" or "this kind of thing."

Group Leader
@Zephyrum_Alsend woops, it's meant to be "this kind of thing" thanks for spotting it. Fixed.
@Wolvenworks I wasn't directly implying all the people I pinged were natives, just that the ones I pinged spoke a proper enough English to notice the mistakes and voice their opinion about the chapter. I also write way more in English than in French but still speak in French more than in English (I spend a lot of time on international servers but I still spend more time with my FR friends overall). Internet syndrome ?

@Shyning
Yeah Sorry for the late Reply. Did not notice the icon on my notifications. Anyway I'm not pointing I appreciate your work for editing. ?
I also edited Novels from 2 groups in the past and my seniors advice was 'Better Read it carefully , to see if it made any sense.'
Well I'll Send you some messages if I find any Mistakes that were not spotted or fixed.
It's understandable if English is not your main language.

Users who are viewing this thread