The Djinn - Ch. 7

Aggregator gang
WOOOOW WHAT A DAMN RIDE....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING THIS!!!

I still got questions though...like who's the Goat Man?

I felt like the ending is sort of...sudden? IMO I think this chapter should split into two parts so the story would flow better, cause in the first few panels we get to see Rhett hating on Azur and the next few panels we got to see him forgiving Azur. I just felt the pacing was too fast.

But again that's just my opinion, maybe it'll change after the one last chapter the translator promise us.

Anyway it was a crazy ride. The read I've had for years. I am truly grateful for this experience!

Dex-chan lover
That was a very fun read, thanks for the translation. As much as I like angst and tragedy, I probably enjoy it even more when subverted with a positive conclusion.

I figure he never met his kids again even though I imagine it was the first thing on his mind when making that wish. Though the kid did write his dad’s story, so maybe they did meet?

Its very unclear to me what actually came about from that wish but i get the feeling that will be explained a bit more in the extra chapter

Dex-chan lover
so i was right and tiamat was her mama
also it ended better than i expected, still kinda bitter sweet, but it ended way better than expected, good stuff all around

im kind of weridened out of the horned person though, was that real or artistic nonsense?

Double-page supporter
WOOOOW WHAT A DAMN RIDE....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING THIS!!!

I still got questions though...like who's the Goat Man?

I felt like the ending is sort of...sudden? IMO I think this chapter should split into two parts so the story would flow better, cause in the first few panels we get to see Rhett hating on Azur and the next few panels we got to see him forgiving Azur. I just felt the pacing was too fast.

But again that's just my opinion, maybe it'll change after the one last chapter the translator promise us.

Anyway it was a crazy ride. The read I've had for years. I am truly grateful for this experience!
I believe that the goat man is Rhett's son reborned. He wanted to become a scholar when he grew up. This was the product of Rhett's final wish. The daughter is also reborned

My theory on Rhett's change of heart is after his talk with his colleague (The future butcher), he came to realize that all the results his feats and efforts weren't bad. People died, yes. But he also saved others and they swear their loyalty to him not because of his title as a hero, but because of his actions. Rhett was also suffering, he blamed and took it out on Azur. After his conversation, Rhett became more clear headed. He was released from his suffering, and in doing so, he decided to release Azur from her suffering.

The moral of this story is as old as the fables. "If you love something, set it free. If it loves you back, it will return"

Double-page supporter
Way I see it, the wish system doesn't even let the genie cheat. So if you could make wishes and have them granted non-maliciously, then wish for some open-ended power (eg. magic based on the same principles as the genie's ability to grant wishes), wish for knowledge, then last wish is for the genie to go away and never interfere with you again.

You do indeed want to make the third wish, because if you're now the most powerful person, the most knowledgeable person, having the lamp still be around is a weakness because other people could find it and wish your power away.

Users who are viewing this thread