The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 45

U W U

i think "wife" is just fine, especially if that's what the raw says. we know what the duke truly feels anyway hehehe

Dex-chan lover
More women should be able to learn about business, even though that's what makes Chloe unique it'd be nice if there were female friends so she could talk business with without the Duke hovering in the background warding off men

Thank you for the update!! Alphonse being protective was cute and the PDA honestly took me by surprise!

Double-page supporter
I like "my wife". Drunk Chloe is so cute and watching Alphonse being all protective, LOVE IT

Fed-Kun's army
Watch it there boys. The red executioner of Lille is hanging out near the punch bowl and if the duke gets annoyed enough he (the duke) might request a demonstration of the executioners ' skill...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/389350330278906909/

my wife shows signs of possession now that the duke holds his wife dearly now
In the overall progress of their relationship, the change make sense from having him addressing her from 'wife' to 'my wife'
A slight change to convey the duke's feelings

“My wife” seems better to me too!

@Mai_loves_icecream are you ‘cancer’? My sister is too, her horoscope for today said she’d be otherwise healthy, but a headache might bother her.
Anyways, take care! 😊

Used to 'wife' already. Any possibility you can be flexible, like the Duke calling her name or 'dear', perhaps? Or is that spoiler stuff?

Dex-chan lover
Firstly, Chloe kyute. So cute. She doesn't act spoiled like this often.

Next, while the Duke did well giving credit where it's due, I have to wonder if he wasn't just unable to resist bragging about his wife.

Group Leader
Please don’t listen to any of these fools. It is clear that waifu is the only choice.

Contributor
In some Asian languages, you refer to your spouse as husband or wife... I remember a Chinese author (Amy Tan?) reminiscing about her childhood, saying that when she went to a Chinese school all the mothers told the children their fathers' names before sending them- because they were so used to hearing their moms call them "husband" the kids really might not have known their true names. I'm guessing the "wife" thing here is something similar. It's a cultural thing.

Doesn't he use "Wife" because their contract says to do so? I distinctively remember a previous chapter specifically mentioning it when Alphonse thinks about how distant it sounds. Unless I'm misremembering.

What a great chapter! So glad she's making friends and gaining admirers.

Thank you for translating this new chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread