The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
this is no way to talk to your employer. Say whatever you want out of the workplace or keep it to yourself, but you have to treat them with respect, you were hired for a service so having some decorum to your attitude is expected. I can't wait for this lady to lose her job so the other maid can be promoted.

Like I get the drama of the slap but I have mixed feelings about it since it is an abuse of power. (Like I know this is modern thinking in a period story but I still care about workplace safety and MC is from the future so I find it surprising this was her frist solution to deal with this servent.) Because a duchess is more powerful than a maid so putting her foot down and reinstate that power with words should have been enough and if not replace her. No need to deal with employees who act like their job is beneath them. Like this maid has all the flags to a deserved pink slip. Fire her and drink your tea!!!

@selen4ever The minerals are good for you, but not for your skin. My sister has eczema and she was getting this reaction right after moving to her new place. She went to the dermatologist and they told her hard water is not good for the skin do to the high mineral content. Also mineral deposits left on the body can also suck moisture right out of your skin.
At our household we always get soft water refills that drop the gallons, but that's because my mom is a water snob....and I hate hard water for brewing coffee or tea and use soft water since it taste nothing and its flat haha. However if I HAVE to I can put up with the iron taste of hard water and drink it as it is. For the most part I only use it to water our plants, or to wash off produce and cleaning around the household.

Contributor
They seem awfully damn confident that they're still standing on firm high ground, in a situation where their employer has obviously finally snapped and gone crazy. The fact that, at the moment, she's partaking in non-violent insanity like barging brazenly into the kitchen to brew some of her new (barrels upon barrels of) "tea" would not make me any less concerned if I thought, as any reasonable person would conclude, that the reason she'd snapped was from the pressure of months of constant bullying.

That is to say, I would be running for the hills, or at least proceeding with extreme caution—not starting a brawl.

Dex-chan lover
A hard time working because the newest hire isn't available, huh? I guess the appropriate response here is to retake control of the finances and audit the staff on what exactly their duties are.

A little bit of false info there. Hard water is usually considered better as drinking water than soft water.

..also water hardness really depends on where you are. I'm from a part of England where we have soft water

Aggregator gang
...Wait, what? Why is it acting like tea culture developed mainly in Europe?
Tea is from China! There's a huge culture of it there!

Dex-chan lover
@Keansor to be fair she said beverages not tea, though it is still pretty weird. as far as i know the english mainly drink black tea, unlike the huge variety in asia

Fed-Kun's army
Beverages developed because alcohol was best way to make river or well water clean of bacteria and other pollution, not because water in Europe was bad. It was the same in the west and in the east. *ANGRY EUROPEAN NOISES*

Double-page supporter
Did this manwha really just criticize how the british have their tea?
Not to mention the whole thing about water in Europe is kinda full of shit? It goes country by country, for example I was born in the Netherlands so my whole family was used to drinking tap there and when we moved to spain we noticed quite a difference in the quality of the tap water (makes us feel sick, even gives diarrhoea at times), which doesn't exist for the native people here because they're used to that.

Aggregator gang
Even in Scotland we have different water than in many parts of England.

I feel like the author has just been near London and tried that water (which tbh I find hard to swallow) and assumed all of Europe's water was like that.

Wow I knew that Korea wasn't well-versed in other countries but I didn't think it was that bad
Europe did in fact move past the 19th century

Lol the stuff about the European water is just not accurate.
And you can't just,,, criticize British tea lmao. ESPECIALLY black tea, which was obviously brewed using "European water". Smh...

Fed-Kun's army
im somthing of a beverage scientist myself *mixes sugar with milk* JESUS CHRIST THAT TASTES GOOD

I'm more of a coffee person, but when my mom orders one I can't help but take a sip. Also, whats with this tea culture in just Europe, each country and provinces/states mostly have their own version of tea.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much every country has their own herbal tea history, saying it originated from Europe is quite weird

Users who are viewing this thread