The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 9

@Rayster
Chinese jasmine green tea + sugar goes well with chips (like Lays or Doritos)
Iced sweet oolong tea goes well with spicy meat/fish dish or jerky

or my personal favorite, iced black tea + instant noodle

Dex-chan lover
@Sem the ghost of a barbeque... fuck now i want to taste it, but over here i only see regular ass tea, the rarest tea ive seen its green tea....

Thank you so much for your hard work and the chapter!! I never heard of pairing ham and tea together

Group Leader
@fykle honestly none of these body reincarnation promises are morally superior as they claim to be. At the end the oringal person dissapears someone and the MC steals there life and everything. I dont think assholery is a a good reason for your body to get snatched

@fykle I thought exactly the same!! And @icarushector same about it being cold.

I am enjoying this manhwa but I'm also really disliking (and a bit annoyed by) how much MC is trashing Original Chloe, implying she was weak or "not having any redeeming qualities", and just having mean thoughts about her. Like if MC is so superior to Previous Chloe, *sigh*. 😑😒

I thought I was the only one who's not liking MC's treatment of Previous Chloe, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Still, I'll keep reading. I hope the trashing stops and we focus more on the Duke slowly falling for the Duchess.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, I really love that blend. You can even taste it with a little bit of milk and no sugar. It's quite different.

I agree, it's getting a bit annoying, bashing previous Chloe. I mean, we've already established she was afraid of everything, even her own shadow etc. etc., time to move on, we don't need the reminder every chapter or so. Additionally, we all know MC was a doormat, as well in her original life. She decided not to be one now, BUT you can't change that attitude overnight. Or maybe she thinks she's playing a role at at theatre? Who knows.
Anyway, what I'm really curious about is how her relationship with the Duke will change and if she maybe gets some allies, throw a tea party (with tea!) or two and makes this drink more popular. Also, when is she going to do her duty as a Duchess? That was a big flag when she told us the accounting was left to someone else and managing the household staff, as well. That's bound to come out sooner or later if she doesn't do anything and then she'll be in a difficult situation with the Duke.

Ahem, one more thing: I thought the Duke was going to chuckle once Chloe left the room to prepare the tea. Guess not!

Dex-chan lover
I love how she instantly brightens up when the topic of tea comes up. A bubble of joy, and perfect for the premise.

A series entirely about tea love, and it's going to be hilarious.

See, the problem about bullying a duchess is, even though she's weak, she...has way more authority than most people, so it's generally still not such a good idea, in case anyone who bothers to use her authority steps in.

I also agree from the comments how little respect there is for the previous Chloe. After 9 chapters I think it's already established what kind of person she was before, the long running panels are eh at this point.

Positive things from the chapter: Her and the dukes interaction! I like that it's a slow build up and I hope it is slow bc of how refreshing it is. I also really like all the tea talk, I guess this is kind of in the food genre so I'm happy I'm learning about tea along the way!

Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
If your drinking tobacco, then its best served with ham.

Not that I've tried it, since the only good I've used it for was dermal ointments.

Fed-Kun's army
things seem to be progressing well with chloe and the duke, even tho he did mess up a bit with that remark;; i agree with everyone here that not only mc, but EVERYONE is being super hard on poor original chloe, but
i looked at the raws for this, and even though i don't understand korean, i'm pretty sure original chloe at one point messed up and she blamed an employee, and that poor woman suffered corporal punishment because of it... so it's not like people don't have reason to think ill of original chloe? like who knows how many times she did that? i don't know if our mc remembers/knows that though but... that kind of killed my sympathy a bit negl

i do think she's still pitiful and like, her not being around anymore is probably a blessing for original chloe as well;;

also, thanks for the update!!! 😄

Hmmm... I was under the impression that the main character thought original Chloe had charming qualities but wasn't able to show them off (as stated in chapter 2) but then says there's nothing redeemable about original Chloe in this chapter... so contradictory. LOL, did the writer forget about that? Maybe the original Korean sounded less harsh?

But I guess, the author was trying to emphasize how no matter how nice and accommodating original Chloe was, it couldn't make up for all her faults (aka being weak-willed, cowardly, running away from her responsibilities and problems, making promises and not keeping them, etc.).

@mammaria
I agree, I also went ahead and looked at the raws and most of my sympathy kind of died off when that happened. I already have a dislike of shy, meek, wallflower type characters but wowsers, original Chloe's worst qualities came out and made someone else suffer for it. >_>

Fed-Kun's army
@penguinslovesnow
i was honestly very shocked when i saw that happen!! since i knew original chloe wasn't the strongest but to have someone be hurt because of her?? i mean it's one thing to be shy and weak willed but it's another to ditch responsibility and blame others for your errors, resulting in them being WHIPPED. it really changed how i saw her. i don't mind wallflower type characters as long as they... have a strong sense of justice i guess? lmao idk how to word it, i guess it depends on their other qualities, is what i'm saying.

oh but have you seen the latest raws?? THINGS GOT STEAMY 😳

Users who are viewing this thread