The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes

Can the prince just leave and/or get over himself already? I really want Chloe to make it clear she holds zero interest in him, he's so cringe and annoying

Elina saw just how shallow is the prince, if she doesnt appear again later, shes the one who dropped him period.

@JustRyn hes still the prince, theres just so much she can say to him, but im very sure that if she asked her husband, the duke would gladly prohibit his entry on their mansion

Even if he is a prince, pretty sure there are plenty of ways to inform someone of your lack of interest (whether or not he listens to it, is the issue)

😭I feel so bad for the prince's current lover. I swear if he discards her, I'm gonna-

really tired of the prince tbh, calling someone foolish for loving one's wife while he is super proud of being a playboy .. XD

Although the manga/manhwa community usually is very varied in opinions, i think we can all agree that the prince should get a kick to his family jewels right about now ^^

I'll just put my two cents in here.

Original Chloe.
Bullied, uneducated, unattended and neglected since forever, 'sold' to duke under contract marriage with regular 'lovemaking' without a single damn given from anyone whatsoever (oh precious times). Since her complicated circumstances, she developed timid gloomy personality with no means to improve or retaliate whatsoever, no person to rely upon or seek guidance from, she probably didn't even think that was a possibility. The new 'home' which duke provided didn't have much change to her previous state, even the maids bullied her, like she wasn't their superior and an owner of a household, the head butler neglected her, secretly despising her for 'useleseness' and 'spinelessness', not giving a helping hand, correcting her mistakes, but constantly nagging and critiquing, and the duke didn't care whatsoever. The duke didn't care for her to the point of 'I don't care about this household's image'. All the staff knew the duchess was bullied, the whole social circle probably knew she was a lackluster and that didn't change ever. This rose the single question from me, doesn't duke care about his image at effing all? Who in their right mind would allow even to arise rumors about something along the lines that the owner of a household is neglected, unattended etc. let alone seriously let the freakin workers abuse their employer for real to the point every staff knew about those ongoings. No matter who or how she was, she was the damn duchess, and that is all. He should care about her and her business, since she IS part of his household and part of his image. Insulting HER is insulting HIM and HIS entire household. Having abusive or neglecting workers (much so those who secretly despise their employer in their minds) that receive salary and maybe a place in the household is just upright wrong. What are they there for even? It seems the duke not only doesn't care about the duchess in particular, but he doesn't care what is going on in his household at all. The maids could have been thieving for years for all he knew, and would he have been even informed about this? Oh boy, I don't really think so, since nobody ever gives a damn here.
Then, being 'underdeveloped' duchess should I say, lacking a thorough education on anything and healthy environment, she just succumbed to bullying and injustice, making mistakes in her duties, which provided even more bullying, taking back her means/authority of supervising things, hiring, firing etc., which in return, brought her ever more down the botomless pit. Being as she is, she was, let's be honest, pitiful person with no backing and a helping hand. She is like a child in a grown body, she needed duke or other supervisor in activities, she didn't have her own opinion, she constantly was afraid, and her sole mean of resolving problems was to put blame on somebody else. She didn't have nor internal nor external power and nobody helped her to develop it. She tried to live as she was but alas. And yes, that maid part was really bad and inexcusable.

New Chloe.
Bright, educated, hard working person with a passionate heart and an interesting hobbie. Wowsies. Now, THAT incredible person struggled to deal with the bullying maids. Yes, yes, let's not forget OG Chloe didn't have any authority whatsoever and was neglected by everyone. The thing new Chloe had - her knowledge of previous life where she was properly upbrought and independent for many years. Ringing a bell yet? In fear of staining her reputation, she needed much 'evidence' etc, etc. to deal with the problem. Only upon her perfect work she gained her authority back. I wonder, why did literally nobody proposed to her some teachers on accounting or household duties of a duchess BEFORE she was 'put on trial' for gaining her right back, since everybody knew how 'sloppy' she was before, why whould she suddenly without any reason or means whatsoever become so perfectly good with her work? What is this bullshit even? Did they just wait for her to fail again, just to kick and mock again for funsies? That's just wow.
And, of course, 'perfect' as she is now, everybody's attracted to her. Well, despite obvious bad seeds which was the part of the problem since the start. Nearly everybody started to flock to her like bees to honey, or flowers yeraning for the sun. Now, being incredible as she is, what use are those 'warm affectionates' to her NOW? Where was all that before, when she really NEEDED that?

It's like in the phrase 'when the team is winning, supporters are rejoicing, but when the team is losing, supporters are criticizing'. Isn't the whole purpose of 'support' is to support, and if times are tough, to support even moreso, unlike when times are bright.

The Duke.
All those crocodile tears shed for his pitiful past from the readers... Isn't it much like OG Chloe? Abused and neglected, although he, unlike her, was properly educated, but very much like her, he didn't know 'the joy of living'. Later on he met his benefactor that helped him to 'brighten up'. He didn't get to the state he is today just by his sheer thoughts and efforts. All the knoledgwe he gained was taught him by other people. The 'feelings' he had, later losing by abusing father, never been regained by himself alone, and by the thought 'oh, let's just change and be caring, and bright, and loving'. It was brought by the helping hand on the side, and even that didn't help him all the way. And here is the thought. Being a fellow sufferer, he should have understood the position her wife was in, but noooo. He, like his father, just didn't give a single damn, and even more than his father since he never bothered about his wife's education. Now, all those people who bring up the maid incident with OG Chloe. Yes, her sufferings don't justify her wrongdoing. As much as the dukes sufferings don't justify his negligence of his wife. If he is a 'duty man', where is his 'caring' of his wife for the mere image of his. If he is a compassionate person, who knows of the weight of suffering, where is his caring for a fellow pitiful person? None of this, none of that.
And this 'capable independent' person hasn't learned 'the joy of living' just by himself, it was taught to him by other person and is now taught to him further by new Chloe. How in the world OG Chloe was supposed to stand on her feet without anybody's help, but constant nagging and kicking and diminishing instead? Please do tell me. Because right now this story is just full of holes. We all saw the reaction of the duke to abuse - crying, helplessness, despair, apathy, emotional shut-in etc. That's OG Chloe in a nutshell. But all I hear about Chloe is critique and negativity, saying 'she should've done something about it'. Well, in that case, the duke also should've done something about this. But oh wait... He hasn't, has he? He just couldn't. But the duke, on the other hand, is praised and pitied. What in the world is wrong with this messed up story and you people...

The staff, mainly the head butler.
Isn't their duty is smooth as much as possible impeccable work. Smooth sailing for workers, smooth sailing for employers, resulting smooth sailing for the entire household. No dirty employees, no dirty rumors or talks, healthy atmosphere. Doing your work right to the utmost of everyone's abilities. But all I've read at this point, is abundance of nobody's giving any shit at any point whatsoever. Oh, the duchess messed up? Then we should just yell at her and never supervise her work and help her through it, as it won't result in our loss of time, effort and resources of the household. Repeat. Oh, the maids are out of hand? Today they don't abide by the rules to the duchess, tomorrow it will be the heads, then they won't listen the duke. Let's just forget about those maids, let them run amok, it's 'just that duchess nobody cares about is suffering right now, right?'.

This is sickening, honestly. It's just like the OG Chloe was there as a shadow and stepping stone for new Chloe to shine in this storytelling, as if without a bad comparison she whould've looked too dull. And this abuse and negligence by the duke's father is much like just a justifiable excuse for duke's bad and cold behaviour before for OG Chloe, and a good communicating point for new Chloe to help him with and bring them together so, 'well look at his past, isn't he just pitiful?'. As if OG Chloe wasn't so. Tsk tsk. And look at the duke's overflowing love and overbearing care towards a person he didn't even try to acknowledged before, visiting her room just for the sole heir production. Just wow, that hard 180 degree literally out of nowhere is just wow.

Everybody's just disgusting in this story. I read this just for tea, and it would have been better (for me) if this story didn't include all those 'romance' points, because that's just straight up sickening to me. Simple setting with no drama would be ideal, creating blissful 'iyashi-kei'.

I like this manga and I read it for the romance and tea. You see the romance tag... maybe you shouldn't read it if you don't want it XD

I read this cause I really like tea myself, and it's interesting to see it as a main theme for an isekai manhwa.

That being said, some plot points in this manhwa are just... too cliche for me. What's with the "oh no one heard of lottery before it's such an amazing idea omfg Chloe is so smart!!!!"

i don't like tea but because of this series i might be willing to change my username for it~

interesting plot ! cute romance ! business-minded mc ! annoying crown prince !

although there are times i feel bad for the original host of the mc's body, atleast the mc tries to set things right (for both of their sakes as well)

Was sceptic because of the cover since art is very important to me, but I started reading because of the tea and I don’t regret it. It’s very comfy. <3

Omg next pls!!!! I wanna see alphonse rip apart a bunch of people

Also thanks for the translation, it makes my day seeing an update to this manwha <3

Thank goodness the prince got put in his place because he was annoying to me from the beginning. You rejected her love before and just played around, now that she’s different and engaging you wanna saddle up to her. Ewe.

Users who are viewing this thread