The Emperor Reverses Time - Ch. 8

Banned
Kek yall spoiling the story for everyone else. Stop spoiling it for everyone kek.

Snowflake your not the only one who read the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@Khulmach
The future emperor(now Prince) was never a "scumbag" type of scumbag.
Leon was disgusted by how "fake" Elizabeth appears, being described as a doll more than a human.

That was the reason Leon broke down when he read her diary as it was describing Elizabeth's past.
Leon is clearly a morally good person since he gave a damn enough to go to a witch and turn back time so Elizabeth would be happy.
Well he still neglect her her entire life. She try to please him like put some flower in his office but he never really try to understand her until it was too late.

I'm a bit confused with some of the convos in this chapter
This is when the comment section comes in handy with all these spoilers and all, now I kinda understand the gist of it
I really hope the author won't find out that you guys are continuing to scanlate this since I really love this manhwa
Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo
From Leon's perspective, Elisabeth was probably wicked type of person considering how unnatural she is around others(like not be anger around disgusting people)

I probably would not like her too if I met the Broken Empress Elisabeth since she would not act like a real person.

At least Leon is trying to right his wrongs, he desires for Elisabeth to be happy and even for her to marry someone else if it will make her happy.
So unlike the other scumbag ex-husbands, Leon is one of the good/better ones.

Dex-chan lover
@Khulmach
I do not agree with you but that my opinion.

For me the emperor is quida similar to Valor from "I don't love you anymore".
Their both neglect their women and only regret when their gone while their have the possibility to take a step towards their women.
After that to be fair, the emperor become better since he try to make her happy without him if necessary.
Valor just want his fiance back to satisfy his own guilt, he didn't even care if she doesn't like him anymore he want her for him and his selfishness only.

I understand the emperor didn't like the broken empress but she was his wife. Their will be together for a lifetime and he never ever try to understand her because he didn't like her behavior ? That just childish.

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo
They are nothing alike.
WisTrash is a weak garbage human that is selfish and never cared for Nevy because he listened to rumours and activaly abused her.

The Emperor just ignored her and unlike Nevy( who is innocent), Elisabeth was a broken person(a doll) by the time she arrived in the palace.
As a result of unnatural behaviour, Leon felt disgust.
The situations are nothing alike for the two and the reasons are very different.

Leon has a fairly good reason to not like Elisabeth, the garbage WisTrash does not.

Hmm, I like that he’s feeling genuine guilt and is going through his utmost to right his wrong so that Lizzie can be happy. He was neglectful and did not try to understand her after feeling disgust towards her inhuman behaviour; it’s understandable, that doesn’t meen you have to forgive these actions. And he isn’t asking for forgiveness.

But like, maybe get a proofreader (if possible) cause I think I missed some stuff in that strangled English

Dex-chan lover
@Khulmach
WisTrash is a weak garbage human that is selfish and never cared for Nevy because he listened to rumours and activaly abused her.
Wrong, Valor didn't know the rumor about Niveah. He was too busy to ignore her for that. He didn't really actively abused her since he ignore her most of the time.

Also, Valor didn't like Niveah because she was like a doll too, not behaving like a humain. You can find the chapter 19 here since the translator in mangadex isn't at thos chapter yet.

They both have the same story, their difference is :
- their reaction for loosing someone
- One is a protagonist, the other is an antagosnist
- How the story introduce them.

The Emperor just ignored her and unlike Nevy( who is innocent), Elisabeth was a broken person(a doll) by the time she arrived in the palace.
In fact, instead of Valor we don't really know how the emperor act whit his wife. The story is from HIS perspective and he didn't really think at his wife until he found her diary. Unstead we have a bunch of people who are shock to see how litle the emperor think of her. The story is from the emperor perspective, he didn't remeber he was mean to his wife the first time he meet her until he read her diary, do you think he remember how he act and what he said to her while their are married ? Probably not, he could have said horrible thing without really thinking about it but since he didn't remeber, we never know.

In I don't love you anymore the story is from Niveah perspective, of course she remember the time when Valor was mean to her, that hurt her. Valor remember being mean to her too and the story really like to show us this interraction. But the story tell once that Valor ignore her existance most of the time too.

The story here just never tell how the emperor act or speak with his wife before so you can't say "he just ignore her" since we don't really know. Even if it's true it's still abuse. We didn't have the broken empress POV, we didn't know how she felt. The diary is like the equivalence of Niveah's letter, the proof of their love, not a proof of their abused.

@Kingdo hmm honestly, I think that the main similarity that they share right now is the fact that they were neglectful to their fiancees and feel very guilty about their treatment towards them. they're both going though the "i didn't know what i had until i lost it" kind of story arch. And I get your point that the differences between them could mostly be drawn from the different POVs they're shown from (WisTrash from Niveah's point of view and the emperor from his).

However, the main difference comes from their main goals: the emperor wants to treat the empress better because he realizes what she actually went through and wants her to be happy, while WisTrash mostly views Niveah not as a person but something he lost (which could be seen through his scheming to get her back; if he really started to respect her, he wouldn't have given Lady Eustace and her scheming any time of day after knowing what she put Niveah through, especially if her scheming involved making Niveah break up with Thierry. When he thinks about Niveah, he doesn't consider her happiness in bringing her back. His current actions are mostly motivated to appease his guilt.) Although the emperor here has is also motivated to appease his guilt, he's also motivated to actually make her happy, even if he is not part of that happiness (something which cannot be said the same for WisTrash!!)

In this story, the emperor wants the empress to be happy, even at his own expense (like he said here, he's willing to give up his life for her). I truly do not think that's the case for WisTrash based on what we've seen from his character so far
and based on spoilers I read it doesn't seem like he gets any better.
I think that's the reason why although they are in similar circumstances, the characters give off very different vibes from each other.

Dex-chan lover
@sybth00
Yeah I agree with you and I already give this arguments early in the conversation with Khulmach. I just don't repeat myself and add other points since he beleive these 2 characters are nothing alike.

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo
"Did not really actively abuse her"

-Calls Nevy ugly, dismisses her desire to have a talk, throws divorce papers to her face, does not side with his wife when she slaps Eustrash and believes her actually signing divorce papers is just to get his attentions.
This is within 5 chapters.
Wistrash also does not defend Nevy when that Eustace woman shows up again and insults Nevy to his face.

Then you have Leon that just was indifferent to her. What we see is what we get.

I watched the video, WisTrash said he was annoyed by Nevy even though she was "as pretty as a doll"
So no.
He even said that Nevy puts "Her feelings first" and was just being a fucking bitch.
He keeps talking about how much he hates Nevy... yes hates.

Here is the difference with the two-

Leon wants his Empress to be happy, did not actively abuse and was indifferent to her.

Valor wants Nevy for himself, he does not really care about her as a person and does nothing when someone talks bad about her. WisTrash, as the garbage he is, does not care about Nevy's happiness.
And going from his childhood, he was annoyed/hated her.

Dex-chan lover
@Khulmach
I agree with the fact we do not have the same opinion
-Calls Nevy ugly, dismisses her desire to have a talk, throws divorce papers to her face, does not side with his wife when she slaps Eustrash and believes her actually signing divorce papers is just to get his attentions.
This is within 5 chapters.
There is many to talk about but I will not put a context for everything here, it's a mixed with abused, ignore, time skip and vanity

Then you have Leon that just was indifferent to her. What we see is what we get.
Wistrash also does not defend Nevy when that Eustace woman shows up again and insults Nevy to his face.
Yes of course, looking calmly at his dying wife without asking for a doctor with a glass of wine until the very end make him way better than valor, sure.

It's not Leon is a good man, it's the story who cut all scene who put him in bad light. There is just no scene of interraction with her, no flashback, nothing. You can't say he is clean whith no information. But I can say he is not with the reaction of people around him. Looking calmly at a dying (by poison) person is not really a good person. He is not shock or paralyse, he is calm, he didn't care.

Valor isn't a good person either, he is worst because he never think of anything outside of himself. But the story put the accent way more than in this story.

I don't say there are the same character, I say they have several points in common that all.

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo
Do not forget about how much of a Doll Elisabeth really was.

I will agree that Wistrash is worse and that is the only thing we can agree on.

Dex-chan lover
i like how snappy his dad is, with the ''thats my spot'' and the ''take care of your girl first''

Users who are viewing this thread