The Emperor Reverses Time - Ch. 8

The translations in some parts seem weird, but I think the meaning still comes across.
Regarding the story... it’s weird too. He’s definitely acting bizarre for a child, but I guess it was the push needed to get Lizzie out of the duke’s household. I think even the emperor/empress acting personally like that is also weird... not sure if royalty would usually do things personally like that. I guess only time will tell if things smooth out with the hopefully positive influences Lizzie may influence in the palace.

Hmm. i think when Leon said "run away with Elizabeth", it would make more sense if it was translated as "elope with Elizabeth". As then the King's reaction of "where did you even learn that word" is actually applicable. There are many other weird translations, too. Thank you for your hard work, tho!

Even if you don't find her and her family's behavior unnatural (and therefore concerning since it raises a bunch of red flags), it feels like the tight-laced corsets were the empress's last straw. Even in a historical context those would be pretty controversial to put on someone as young as Elizabeth since I'm pretty sure corsets for children were structured far differently/more flexibly.

Dex-chan lover
@kingdo They didn't have absolute confirmation of abuse until they saw the room and the corset. Up until then, they pretty much going off of the vibe of the household, how sycophantic the Elysiums were acting, and how Lizzie behaved when she entered, way more stressed than a normal kid would be, clinging to their son rather than her own parents in that situation. So yeah, they went out on a limb trusting their son at first. Kynnath,mentioned another layer to it, with how some of the Empress's anger could've been personal, directed at how people treated her when she became Empress.

I love this series so much omg. If only naver could upload two episodes a week cause..
thank you for translating 😭

Dex-chan lover
@AnimefangirlX
The future emperor(now Prince) was never a "scumbag" type of scumbag.
Leon was disgusted by how "fake" Elizabeth appears, being described as a doll more than a human.

That was the reason Leon broke down when he read her diary as it was describing Elizabeth's past.
Leon is clearly a morally good person since he gave a damn enough to go to a witch and turn back time so Elizabeth would be happy.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad they got her out of there 😭
Thanks for the update ❤️

thank you so so much!!!! i'm so glad she's headed to a better home....

i wonder what's the comment about the empress. will it have something to do with her early death? it does seem like it

Emperor-empress scenes are so good. I keep rereading them. Also, glad there’s a healthy father-son relationship.

Am I the only one in a total loss of what the father and son is talking about in the end? Totally clueless.

Hope next chapter at least is somewhat of an eye-opener.

@JakeRay
In the novel, Leon is asking his father whether his mother was happy to be married to him, the emperor, since position of an empress comes with buttload of troubles

Dun wanna spoil the story by talking about the father-son convo...it's coming next.

It's the adult Leon, the emperor who is in the young Leon's body, so when he addresses child Elizabeth as 'My empress' we can assume it's the adult's heart speaking and apologizing.

Users who are viewing this thread