The Emperor's Court Lady Is Wanted as a Bride

Story is a bit messy, too much going on, not much explained, probably will have to drop 😔

I mean it’s cute and it’s definitely a shoujo romance manga, so I can’t fault it there. But the FL and ML romance is honestly kinda cringey to me. But maybe cause I’d prefer the actual emperor or even Alcedes as a partner lol

I don't understand the plot with her not wanting them to know who she was before her reincarnation; I mean I know that it's needed for the love story and all but truly she doesn't act like a knight and if she liked the ones she protected in her past life, then she would want to see them again right ?

I feel like the author just liked the basic plot but didn't know how to 'master' it.
But well, here is a stereotypical shoujo that can be read when you're bored or something...

I really don’t get why she doesn’t want to go to the empire, I’m confused. She keeps saying that if she goes she’ll blurt out the truth about that pillar of light but I’ve seen people hold on to harder secrets than than. The plot is getting a little repetitive for me but I’ll stick with it because I want to know how it ends.

This has lots of cliches and stereotypes. It has plotholes and is not that compelling of a story. It is quite messy and the characters aren't that emotionally mature or intelligent. This seems like a good thing to read for someone who is young.

Wait so from chapter 11.5 does it mean he knows that she reincarnated and that she is his past knight when they met?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Slutdropjin I wouldn't even recommend this to a child. The plot is just too messy and there absolutely nothing stands out about this. Plus I'm shipping our protagonist with the prince/king guy. You know it's bad when you get second-lead syndrome.

Dex-chan lover
No

Edit:
Not sure why I read this before, but now that I see it this is uncomfortable to read.

The description said this is romantic comedy

And I'm not laughing nor smiling at all reading this comic 😑

The original premise was good but the more I read it, the more I dislike it.

The MC just kind of sits around and takes whatever comes her way in an almost-neutral way. Like, you'd expect a MC like her who was reincarnated and a knight to be more proactive but she kind's of just there.

There's not much to say for the other males except Sidis since they don't a lot of screen time in comparison. But he's just so possessive, jealous and honestly a pain in the ass.

I had hopes this manga would get better as it went along but... it's not good.

Is it the translation or is there a page missing because it feels like the first chapter doesnt make any sense. One page ends with "I know blah isnt the work of the gods because-" and then the next page is world building exposition. We never get the actual cause?

she was a knight... but she didn't knight-like now
her character all over the place, one time she's strong like her past as a knight, and another she's.. lady-like?? clueless?? I thought her time as a knight she knew some 'dark' plots and can, at least, be some help in this one. I mean the suspicious black stone? she knew and already suspicious with it but, like, didn't do anything about it? maybe call some help?
it's kind of disappointing
not to mention the romance. oooh I love it, but Sidis at this stage just like an overjealous stalker creep, no matter how handsome he is. the 'romance' between Sidis and Lise is running along non-stop but the cure plot just, stagnating??!
at this point I read this just bc dog king

Users who are viewing this thread