The Emperor's Court Lady Is Wanted as a Bride

i agree with all the criticism in the comments like everything's srsly all over the place and lowkey the premise is puzzling too :( it makes me kinda sad since the art style was so cute haha

Aggregator gang
The art is carrying this story HARD.

I feel like the writer has a TON of ideas and stuffed them all into this story...but because of that, there's barely any personality in the characters. MC is a reincarnated knight, King has a weird dog curse, Sidus is MC's fake love interest, and a whole lot of confusing plot that the writer is trying to smush together. I can't even think up ONE word to describe the personality of ANY of the characters (maybe other than "Blah").

Plot is kind of all over the place, not my favorite. But I love the puppy king and im only reading because of him.

The dog king is the only funny thing in this manga. The story itself has some good ideas with the light magic, the mystery about it, the dark religion, etc... Lot of stuff (even if it's not very well explained/set up) but the main characters are quite boring.
Our female lead is too passive, especially around males, and she spend her time blushing and stuttering (very japanese cliches). I'm quite disappointed since she was supposed to be a former knight. Even when she punch someone she like "kyaaa oh no!" but why does she cares about her image so much ?
And the male lead... Urg. He's annoying. He's a jealous stalker who throw himself hard on a young lady, quite defenseless (I mean politically and emotionally). Meh.

The art is good but the story not so much. I'm curious about the plot but it's ok if I never know too.

Fed-Kun's army
I stopoed at the missing chapters? Bc vol 2 ch 5 is not the follow up, is it?
Oh well, there is a lot in here but the super shoujo vives are on this one for sure. So many used tropes but that does not explain why is she so adamant to no go back on a place she could live better? Like okey you where a knight, even though she does not act like she ever was one, but what is so wrong in that? Ideas are there but so incomplete and underdevelop in a way is not so belivable...
Maybe I'm too old for a general shoujo nowadays or something. Artist is doing good tho, kudos to them.
Maybe I will try to get a nice josei to read on the mean time~☆

She explicitly outlines why she doesnt want to go to the Empire, she doesnt feel that she wouldn't let the settings biggest secret slip.

This started out ok but now its just annoying to read. The pacing is far too slow for the release schedule, what makes it worse is that the reader becomes aware of the answer to the "mystery" plot far too early on which just makes the protagonists fumbling painful to read. Their characters also seem to be all over the place. At least its well drawn I guess.

Double-page supporter
The artists back must be tried from carrying this manga. It started off well and interesting but never made good or elaborated on any of that.
I’m confused by the writing, the characters actions/motivations and the general direction of the story. Where is this going? A dropped for me.

Aggregator gang
@fam101
Preach it
This story is nearly at the point of incoherent babbling nothing makes the slightest bit of sense

I agree with all the criticism and I especially think the protag's justification of all her actions being "I'm scared I'll let my secret slip" makes no sense bc it's like.. just DONT let it slip then it's not hard omg ,,, but I like that she's tough and that her love interest respects that (rare in manga imo). I'll stick by a bit longer, for her!!!!

while the plot is interesting none of the characters have a personality and are quite flat making it a boring read

Power Uploader
Used to be a good manga.. idk what happened now.. it doesn’t make sense at all..

What bothers me the most about this story is that it's trying too hard to fit tropes instead of trying to make things make sense. Like, the nonsensical parts could be easily be solved by:

1. Keeping the reincarnation thing as it is, but instead of her throwing away anything she could learn from her memories
like that the religion is based on exactly what she found out being thrown in the light, and another person who was obviously evil went through the light with her
she could carry a separate investigation based on what she knows, instead of not doing anything because "it's a secret".

2. Keeping the fact that she dismisses all the info from her past life as it is, but instead of making her willingly ignore it, just make so she doesn't carry any memories at all
and simply carries the power from that light, like the Kagome-Kikyo thing in InuYasha
. And the info about her
relationship with the characters
could simply be presented as flashes, like they are being, instead of being that inconsistent regarding what she remembers, what she doesn't, and the utility of what her remember and what she doesn't. Because so far they are forcing her to have -100 IQ just so the reader can know what's going on and she has no clue at all (which could very well be replaced by other kinds of hints that would make more sense than she being unable to connect 2+2 to =4).

Really disappointed with her as a female lead with this latest chapter
I mean she has experienced two lifetimes now and instead of confronting fort being pieces of crap the author makes her act like a teenager who hasn't experienced deception before. It doesn't make sense for a woman who was said strong enough to sacrifice her life for someone in a split second

It started off ok....
but it's kinda obvious that the kid she saved is the male lead (4got his name lol) doggo king is the only thing carrying this manga

i like how it started but the FL is a acting like she is in a new world. she died 16 years ago (not sure how old she is now) and the prince she was guarding was a kid and he is all grown now plus wasn't she in her 60's when she fell into the light? acting all brand new 😑

Why is critical thinking such a foreign concept in so many of these stories where the person was "supposedly" older in a previous life?

Users who are viewing this thread