The Executed Sage Who Was Reincarnated as a Lich Started an All-Out War - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1 - Revenge

Dex-chan lover
6z22v6z9dtby.png

What kind of arrows were those soldiers shooting against an army of skellies?

Contributor
Skeletons have 70% resistance to piercing attacks, please keep using arrows and spears

@phil777 no that would be Reapers. Then you got Lich kings, Flesh golems ( if they grow big enough) Dread Knights... sorry my inner nerd is showing. Don't mind me.

Aggregator gang
@Doomer He said he wanted to create a perfect, peaceful world...not just a kingdom. He's only starting with those directly responsible for his beloved Hero's death.

Group Leader
This really reminds me of that PSP game called Undead Knights. The plot is not completely familiar, but somewhat. They died because they were betrayed by their king, so they were offered power to come back as zombies/undead by a demon, but kept their bodies. They can also turn people into undead to join their army.

Wonder if the author took some inspiration from somewhere. But still, this is interesting so far.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe, just maybe the King will regret backstabbing the ones who saved him and his kingdom

Double-page supporter
@Coldlight I think they assumed the overwhelming amount of arrows, probably blessed by clerics, would be enough to slow if not halt most of the undead. Even if skeletons can't bleed, an arrow can still pierce a skull if the bow is strong enough and the arrow is made of high quality materials, and blessed attacks will hinder undead if it doesn't outright stop their ability to move.

But by all means please keep using piercing weapons against fleshless skeletons, ya dipshits. :p

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
What a bunch of idiots. How many normal undead have dark bones instead of white? Also, arrows really!? Arrows kill something by piercing into the body and damaging a vital organ like the brain or heart. Otherwise it just hurts a lot, causes bleeding (which can eventually kill if hit an artery,) but just damages the flesh. On a skeleton there are no vital organs or flesh to damage so would have to somehow hit and break a vital bone like the backbone.
In any case the capital is going to fall considering every person who dies joins the hoard which doesn't seem to be losing any troops. Being undead means they don't get tired, don't need rest or food, although I do wonder if they just attack blindly like enraged animals, acting on his orders in an instant, or if able to retain and use some of their memories from combat? Unless those arrows were enchanted with something it's foolish to use them on something undead.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
What a bunch of idiots. How many normal undead have dark bones instead of white? Also, arrows really!? Arrows kill something by piercing into the body and damaging a vital organ like the brain or heart. Otherwise it just hurts a lot, causes bleeding (which can eventually kill if hit an artery,) but just damages the flesh. On a skeleton there are no vital organs or flesh to damage so would have to somehow hit and break a vital bone like the backbone.
In any case the capital is going to fall considering every person who dies joins the hoard which doesn't seem to be losing any troops. Being undead means they don't get tired, don't need rest or food, although I do wonder if they just attack blindly like enraged animals, acting on his orders in an instant, or if able to retain and use some of their memories from combat? Unless those arrows were enchanted with something it's foolish to use them on something undead.
Anything lodged between the bones might not kill but will cause skeleton to have difficulty in mobility, then blunt force comes, something leaned from D&D logic.
Unless it goes right through...

Users who are viewing this thread