The Executed Sage Who Was Reincarnated as a Lich Started an All-Out War - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.1 - 「Do You Have The Resolve?」

Double-page supporter
@Ruleofpro This story has a proper fantasy setting and backstory for the MC. Overlord is the typical "transported into a video game" trope that has been done many times before. You seriously think Overlord isn't generic but this one is?

Intresting story there's some common tropes here and there but overall its good, Thank for the Chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@Roiisu why not both? Also the human slave might have skill sets that the goblins do not, like craft knowledge and what not

@Miranox u must be on dog food if u call Overlord a generic isekai about transporting to video game. It’s not like getting reincarnation for vengeance is brand new. Also Overlord actually have a world build into it unlike goddamn whatever the backstory of this manga series. Lets put in this way, if u remove ainz sama from overlord, the story still progress with the replacement of other character just as complex development as him. Now try to remove the necromancer of this series and it’s a THE END for this manga cuz this show rely on the necromancer boy alone.

it's gonna be interesting if the hero is reborn and remember everything,
become a hero again to defeat him the new demon lord

Double-page supporter
@Ruleofpro Being transported into a video game is about as generic as it gets. You don't even understand what "isekai" means. It's when the MC is transported or reincarnated into a new world. The Executed Sage is revived in the same world he started in, so it is not "isekai". At least learn the meaning of the words you use.
I never said either one is original, what I said is that Executed Sage has a proper backstory while Overlord does not. Also, Overlord does the usual "registering as an adventurer" cliche, among others. It's almost like the author had a checklist of cliches he has to run through.
Both series rely on the MC. If anything, the guardians in Overlord would be unable to function without Ainz because they have no goals beyond serving him. In Executed Sage, one of his commanders already tried to rebel while the other is only joining him for her own self-interest. They are actual characters who would function without the MC, unlike the guardians of Overlord.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ruleofpro @Miranox , Okay Ruleofpro Overlord is pretty generic if I do say so myself and this kind of story from Executed Sage might not be "original" (neither is Overlord) but its extremely well done so far for only having 7.1 chapters. And Miranox I agree with all your points so far.

My only grip eith overlord is that Ainz fucking sucks as a character. He's been static for all of the series. And no, becoming evil isn't development if at the end of the day he's still a nervlus wreck inside

Double-page supporter
@AnAverageGuy The same could be said about all the guardians and battle maids. None of them really grow as characters. They start out with fanatical devotion to Ainz and that is still the case as of the latest volume. They repeatedly assert that the only thing they want is to service Ainz. Everything they do is for that single, overriding purpose.

Dex-chan lover
lol, he's the scary demon lord but monsters and humans are living together peacefully side by side

Dex-chan lover
I see, so demons are in fact a society, which means they need a demon lord for protection (from the humans), meanwhile demon lord get a strong army at his beck and call. This is really another reason their world need a demon lord.

@uvarine @Ruleofpro @Miranox I enjoy both but Overlord is definitely the story about Ainz, and Ainz inside is just a clueless normal otaku guy, thats why his decision is kinda sometimes not fitting and annoying, for me at last (well its become the joke in the series).
Meanwhile this series has original dweller reincarnated, so I expect it to not have any stupid decision, but this series reminded me about Maou Mayuu Yuusha (anyone already read it?) and I think this series in the future will take some part of that.
Well, at this point there will be rarely any original series, I mean many about elf in many series is referenced on Tolkien novels, meanwhile a story about hero and demon lord is usually referenced from D&D (board one), vampire? well it get their reference from Nosferatu & Dracula (a black&white film you can search it on youtube, and a novel), and youkai series (like Inuyasha) take their reference from 100 ghost stories (a very old Japanese ghost stories compilation, dated back to Heian era).

Dex-chan lover
@Ruleofpro sure let's compare a series which only just started with little page counts to another series which have already had a head start with multiple volumes of novels & manga translated and call it fair; that's like mocking kids are dumb because they're not as knowledgeable as adults, it's not even a fair fight. Series needs time to establish settings, even overlords are only slowly expanding their setting per volume, we know more of the Overlord's worldbuilding simply because it has more time to expand.

NB: I love Overlord, but it's by no means perfect. This series has its flaws but so do Overlord.

Double-page supporter
@grim202 manga/manwha story or history book?

Actually 3rd book of Game of thrones where the slaves were freed had some really great discussions on the topic

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating!!!

Man, i feel like they're trying to lengthen the story. I don't think they need to show the process of establishing their position as a threat against humanity this detailed. We could've gone with a carnage montage to a point that the countries start sending in heroes again.

But the slave scene does feel important.
I hope they don't make the series go down the political route.

Power Uploader
Hi guys, someone know If we passed the translation of the WN or not yet?

Users who are viewing this thread