The Fantasie of a Stepmother

How does BUCCI GANG compare to the other translators? I didn't feel like the other group did too much of a bad job. I transitioned from BUCCI GANG to the other pretty easily

@xmas9x I was reading that confused af lol
I was seeing “ml” and the first thing I thought of was “male lead.” Took me a while to understand you meant “main lead.”

Another great series I need to put on hold for the next few years because I don't want to get cliffhanged 😳😳

If someone comes here and is hesitant about reading this masterpiece of a work, I will guarantee that you'll not regret reading this work.

Thank you Mia, Rina for translatting Step Mother Marchen and fix the problemetic chapters.
Your choice of font is gorgeous. It express the emotions well. You r do a great job.

the problem with Heavn Scans' chapters is they don't trust the readers to infer what's going on based on the dialogue and overexplaining everything in unnecessary translators notes. It doesn't help that the dialogue itself is translated in such a stilted way compared to other groups' work as well.

Group Leader
@davidgraham212121 We apologise if prior chapters have given you that impression, and our newly released chapter reflects the changes we've made regarding the quality and translations. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Historically, this makes me sad. The Kaiserreich was formed on January 18, 1871, a time when swords were replaced with bolt-action rifles and armor was replaced with standard infantry clothing. This manga clearly tries to make itself rather historical, with getting names of famous people from the late 1800s and early 1900s into there. But, it really failed in one of the most important parts... Technology. As I was reading this I thought to myself "Oh cool sword training. That must mean like saber dueling or something, after all, swords are outdated in the 19th century. Oh, shoot why does he have a longsword in his hands? Wait... why does this general have heavy armor on?" Then I immediately remembered that this is Korean, so we will never see the use of guns since it is known that no one in Korean history has heard of the word 'Gun'. But I am rather confused why no one has pointed this out, as it is quite a large detail that was just cast aside. I think this is a drop for me, but mainly because I came in wishing for a semi-historical story, but I got typical shoujo trash. If you like this, props to you but when I read a manga I look for accuracy, especially when it comes to historical manga. I am sure people will hate me for this comment, but this just isn't for me. 6/10.

Hmmmm... I really hope mia's team doesn't drop this, even if it takes longer I just can't deny their relative fidelity has been out of this world. Maybe a collab will preserve the quality better, because the last thing we want is this to be a snipe race which then reduces quality back to haeven's original level (which was pretty bad in retrospect, I can't really sugar coat it at all).

Ever since I started reading manhwas I've always put this off because it was highly praised by everyone so I had extremely high expectations. It's not a bad story but I never experienced the "craving for the next chapter" feeling. It starts off rather slow but as you continue reading it gets better. When I got to the trial scenes it really reminded me of the monster duchess and contract princess, maybe because they share the same "family values"? I dunno. Anyway this leans heavily towards the family aspect much like WMMAP and the monster duchess etc. It's very wholesome and doesn't contain filler chapters as far as I can tell which to me gave this an extra point. Fun read.

Chapter 53 broken for anyone else? Pages 1 and 2 load fine, but as soon as I scroll into page 3, my browser crashes. I read over 100 other manga here and this has only ever happened once before, on another long form paged series.

@420LoliPolice69 After your comment I shall abstain from reading this. Don't know why authors go for history they know nothing about not that I'm here to claim I know much myself

Edit: yeah i checked prologue and first chapter, this is not based on any historical events or reenactment or does it say anywhere that this will be historically accurate nor does the tags include historical. Prolly just borrowing names.

Complaining why this manga isnt following the technology of the historical time its imitating because of the names is like complaing why the hell burger king doesnt have a burger called bigmac or quarter pounder. Really not fair.

Nowhere in this manga has it said that this is based on real story hence it has no reason to actually follow historical progress of technology in its story right? Or did i miss a message from the author that this is based on true story?

If no, "author never intended this to be exactly reenactment of historical events", then i don't see why they should not be wearing armor and have infantry clothes and equiped with a rifle instead. And its kinda weird and unfair to demand that to this story. Its a story about a time traveling mom, what we should expect is a delorean instead of a gun. Sure they borrowed names and and premise from history but this is kinda a work of fiction and is not really required to be an accurate representation of historical events even if name are premises are borrowed.

If yes, "this is based on and a reenacent of historical event" then yeah that demand is valid. We should be seeing guns too and this would definitely suck.

Not really mad or anything, just pointing out that this manga is probably not a rewriting of historical events so it doesnt need to be historically accurate. I will have to recheck the first chapter to see if it really isnt.

Users who are viewing this thread