The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
The problem is it usually discourages other groups. It happened in one of my favorite manga, There was a great translation group and a mtl jumped in. they both posted for 5 chapters but the MTL just kept dumping more and more chapters and the good translators gave up. Now we are left with bairly readable shit and i just put the series on hold, hoping someone better would take over. Sadly, i doubt it ever will get a better group now because there are so many newer manga to translate.
Was it the series where the MC has ghost abilities and works with one of the seven demon lords? I want to read the series but the translation is really bad

Dex-chan lover
Let me put it this way. Imagine if you make a chair that's full of splinters and then you try to sell it, of course putting it next to proper chairs. Do you think this would be worth anything?
This translation is worthless because it's worse that what would be put out later by the group that translates this manga, it would literally be better for everyone if the person who did this translated any other manga that isn't being translated.
But cant you just let anyone doing the hobby they want ?
it would literally be better for everyone if the person who did this translated any other manga that isn't being translated.
Yes if he want to translate something else. Did you consider the fact that he just want to do his hobby on a manga he like ?
We aren't in an entreprise nor in school, we dont need to do thing the most efficient way possible.

Aggregator gang
Well, some may say that they have the right to speak up their mind/opinion, and I do agree with that. But don't use that as an excuse to insult ppl, though. That's just childish and low. Make some constructive criticism if you will so that ppl can improve.

And I do agree with shirostar about the snipping issue should be settle by the translators themselves, so us readers should just do what readers do, which is enjoying the manga.

To be honest, I can see the translation had gotten better in this chapter as compared to chap5. So, good job on that IHOKE!

Dex-chan lover
Entitled readers complaining about translation quality aside. As long as it is readable I give it a thumbs up.

Does the school really shove all the student's summons into cages? Seems a bit cruel. And Natori is with them as well! At least she can pass the time by doing a little cleaning. Hahaha.

To readers: You can go to the uploader's profile and block them, that will keep the uploads from showing up in your feed.

To IHOKE: I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt after your comments on the last chapters so I gave it a read anyway, but the note at the end was salty af lmao. Last time you said you wanted to "translate" this series because you were passionate about it? Then go do it from the beginning chapter like a proper group instead of sniping only the new chapters, maybe find some other people to help you proofread (someone who actually speaks English natively above a high school level). The only reason you can upload over the other TL group is because you're not putting in the work to do a quality job, which is causing confusion while reading. Quality takes time and effort, which you're clearly not promising from your notes, but if you actually are passionate about this series and doing a translation, consider putting in more effort to put out something people won't bitch about in the first place and to improve your skills. Face it, you are using MTL, not translating from scratch, the least you can do is proper editing of the result.

The other TL dropping this because of your sniping IS a legitimate concern, so I hope you take this crit into consideration and up your game if that happens.

And for specific crit to improve the translation (aka what a proofreader should be doing):

pg2 "I was given shelter by by this noble villainess" - don't need by twice, keep it only in second panel
pg10 "I did'nt see" - didn't
pg 17 "looks a-bit tired" - no hyphen
pg17 "Didn't Natori-san told me that" - tell, not told
pg18 "the power that I withhold" - should be hold, withhold means not giving or suppressing
pg20 "sweepers" - you mean brooms?
pg20 "just my physique" - constitution, physique sounds like how a body is developed, not their health
pg23 " get mistaken by the boys" - sounds unnatural, "mislead/confuse the boys"
pg23 "rest's over" - "break's over" is more natural
pg27 "I think she got a big name" - ego or head is more natural

There is a general lack of punctuation, such as commas and periods, that would keep things from running together, but I don't want to do all those. Try proofreading your translations in Google Docs set to English and it should not only give you more proper punctuation but give you recommendations for grammar.

Good job improving from the previous chapter, if you do a good job and don't leave preachy notes then I don't see much reason for people to complain after that.

Low standard people whining about free translations getting upset comments don't @ me.

Dex-chan lover
But cant you just let anyone doing the hobby they want ?

Yes if he want to translate something else. Did you consider the fact that he just want to do his hobby on a manga he like ?
We aren't in an entreprise nor in school, we dont need to do thing the most efficient way possible.
And? I don't care about his hobby, i can criticize him. He did a useless job, made me excited for a second for updates, then i realised that he just put some shit into my updates. So in the same way that he can do this "translation" i can say whatever i want.

Dex-chan lover
And? I don't care about his hobby, i can criticize him. He did a useless job, made me excited for a second for updates, then i realised that he just put some shit into my updates. So in the same way that he can do this "translation" i can say whatever i want.
Why are you even wasting so much of your time here if you dislike it so much? Are you masochist or something?

thanks for the tl , i think your work is pretty good only thing you could improve is your grammar and then itll be perfect cause in some parts its lacking though not at the level that its unreadable , just to make it more visually appealing. i hope you dont let the negative comments get you down, keep up the good work :clap:

Dex-chan lover
Putting a disclaimer that says that why complain if you read it has no validity, and in general is a cowardly move.
You already know that there's gonna be criticism, both for the fact that you're trying to muscle in on an actively-translated series as well as the generally low quality and incomprehensibility of your work, so you're trying to jump ahead of valid criticism by going "nyeah nyeah, you're not allowed to criticize me, get rekt woke liberal moralists"

Group Leader
Even ignoring the grammar, I feel like when you're messing up character names, destroying all nuance, and getting the translation wrong on some basic things you can't be considered a "decent translation" at that point, but go off king.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you even wasting so much of your time here if you dislike it so much? Are you masochist or something?
You mean writing comments? It doesn't take even a minute tho.... Perhaps you should check your hands at a doctor, maybe you have some problem with them.

Dex-chan lover
You mean writing comments? It doesn't take even a minute tho.... Perhaps you should check your hands at a doctor, maybe you have some problem with them.
You can do a lot of things in less than a minute other than that tho

If you had the time to work on a shit translation for a series that is already being translated properly, why didn't you work on some forgotten series instead? That would have been a better use of time than producing a terrible scan and getting (rightfully) blasted for it in the comments.

Fed-Kun's army
I think it's fine, as long as it doesn't discourage the other group. Having both fast bad translations and slow good translations is a good situation imo. I'd much rather wait for the good ones, but having both is good. The only issue is, how does AriteDrop feel about it?
Mate this isn't even about the snipe anymore, if these people really do care about others' feeling, they wouldn't have act rude in the first place. If my scans were better than the other guy, these people will break that guy's neck instead.

They just want to see me gone because they think my scan is bad. Their opinion is fair, but not their attitudes, and I would have been glad to step down if they were more civil. Now, the more blunt they are, the stronger I will stand. They can cope and seethe.

Last time replying to this thread, I have stayed in this drama long enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread