The Fed-Up OL Wants to Serve the Great Villainess - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
you would have thought Lapis would know about Natori knowing her plans with the whole "sees the future" thing...
It's pretty clear Lapis hates herself for what she's planning, and she can't really comprehend someone as decent as Natori knowing about it and not hating was well - it's basically just a giant blind spot for her.

Sadly, it seems that she hates whatever it is that's caused her to choose this path even more.....

I'm so glad that Naori told Lapis about how she knows her plans instead of dragging it out foreverrr like what most manga/anime would do. I hope to god that they get some good gay progression over the next few chapters. Fingers crossed that the other girl who's into Naori takes a fat L too lmao

Dex-chan lover
Naah
Fingers crossed that the other girl who's into Naori takes a fat L too lmao
Naah - Diana is totally down with sharing, she's made it clear she wants to be Natori's paladin, and I think (though I'd have to reread from the beginning to check - oh no, how tragic) she's indicated before that she's happy with Lapis as long as she's supporting Natori.

I've seen a few comments suggesting it might go down the poly route, but I don't see it - Lapis isn't likely to share, and I don't think Natori feels that way about Diana anyway. It's going to be the main couple or nothing, with Diana being a (very) interested third party.

The big question will be what happens when shit goes down and Lapis has her big villainess coming out party - does Diana decide to rescue Natori from the big bad? It's hard to see her joining, of course, even if she's playing the role of Natori's paladin.

Fed-Kun's army
God that was so cute. I'm glad Natori came clean. Now their relationship can grow in a healthy way maybe. Though there is also the whole deal with the love triangle with the other girl who's name escapes me.
I don’t know about you but Diana is the best me personally I want either a poly or for Diana to win

Dex-chan lover
Naah

Naah - Diana is totally down with sharing, she's made it clear she wants to be Natori's paladin, and I think (though I'd have to reread from the beginning to check - oh no, how tragic) she's indicated before that she's happy with Lapis as long as she's supporting Natori.

I've seen a few comments suggesting it might go down the poly route, but I don't see it - Lapis isn't likely to share, and I don't think Natori feels that way about Diana anyway. It's going to be the main couple or nothing, with Diana being a (very) interested third party.

The big question will be what happens when shit goes down and Lapis has her big villainess coming out party - does Diana decide to rescue Natori from the big bad? It's hard to see her joining, of course, even if she's playing the role of Natori's paladin.
Diana is a huge fan of Lapis as well. She considers her a close friend. At the same time, Diana has shown an increasing amount of jealousy towards Lapis, especially when she feels Natori is hurt by Lapis. She wants what Lapis has and has tried comparing herself with Lapis before, though she doesn't seem to understand Lapis and Natori's relationship well. Diana is generally nice so it hasn't bubbled up too much yet. It's up in the air whether this will lead to a complicated confrontation later.

Sometimes Diana seems to assume that she has to save Natori from Lapis (amongst other things) but Natori does not need saving and is actually purposefully working with (and falling for) Lapis. That misunderstanding from Diana could create issues in the future, especially if she interferes in Natori's own plans but we'll see where it goes. Ultimately, I see Diana as someone who will end up helping Natori and Lapis finally reach the same page, one way or another. I see her more as a helper than a complication, even if it's a bumpy road. But it's early.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Really, Lapis-sama? Trying to throw away an "oracle" with 100% accuracy as a marriage pawn (it isn't even an important marriage either, it was a random "maybe I'll expand my network there")? Also about her purging plan, it sounds like it'd put a large swathe of plebeians on the chopping block, how exactly would she deal with the labor shortage right afterward? The nobles sure as hell isn't keen on doing the all those plebeian works themselves.

She doesn't care what happens after the purge, because there is no ideological reason behind her plan. It seems she just wants to avenge her childhood friend.

Jokes aside, plot wise, I think it would make it a more complex and unique story if Natori just takes and accepts Lapis as the villaness she is, but of course if her villanous actions will make her happy, if they will just cause her more pain then yeah Natori should just help her get on a better track and out of that plan. I just find its very typical in this stories that the mc changes the villainess heart to a good character. So to have an mc that accepts the good but also the bad in the person they love would be an interesting story and personal emotional conflict and ethics-moral.
But it will probably end up with Lapis abandoning or changing her plan to be more good thanks to Natori.

We already know Lapis wants the purge for revenge. She's operating on grievance and pain. Natori has always been the kind of person who wants to help Lapis heal from that pain. To save her from her doom. I just don't see how anyone could think Natori was going to go "yes queen I love that you're on a suicide mission to kill all the commoners!". Like the whole plan involves Lapis throwing her life away for something that is guaranteed to make the world worse. There is no moral greyness or complexity in that.

The alternative you're talking about could be a good story if the characters and the world were different, but here it would just be a case of "subverting expectations" Game of Thrones style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread