The First Hunter

@Uncool122 Yeah this was honestly cheeks, generally was intrigued but was stunned how dogshit quickly became in less than 3-4 chapters

Group Leader
For those who didn't get the memo, we (Twilight) are understaffed in scanslating this series and were forced to drop it. You can also sorta tell because there was a month-gap between Ch20 and Ch21...

Any group who decides to pick this series up, we wish you good luck!

Dex-chan lover
As far as abridged adaptations of novels go, this one is pretty decent, they haven't changed anything major as far as I remember. That being said the novel wasn't really all that good so it makes sense that the adaptation isn't spectacular either.

I see a lot of negative comments on this for some reason, for me I came in with low as fuck expectations but I was surprisingly hooked.

*"Mc is overpowered and everything is too easy"
Bit of a spoiler but
you must have not gotten to the part where he gains a relic allowing him to see parts of the future where he keeps repeatedly dying, he's growing fast yes but i love the hints the story gives to tell us "there are stronger enemies that can kill him and did so in this prediction" so we have to wonder how he manages to break his fate.
*"he's stone faced"
my man is a literal war veteran with ptsd and tried to kill himself and did drugs, do you actually think he's gonna be some happy go lucky kid like in those trash Isekai? Plus he does show character development later on.
*"Art style bad"
I don't think the art style is bad honestly, it feels unique and clearly has proper work put into it and I'm a fan alright.
Nobody mentioned this but I personally like it : Character actually had military and fighting experience and that makes much more fucking sense than a random kid going brrrrrrr haha I got skills now I'm op.

However it definitely isn't perfect, there is plot armor yes and some plot holes but overall I really think that of the time of writing this it has a good start, I'm worried about the following chapters considering how fast he's growing so hopefully the author doesn't fuck this up.
8/10 for me considering I've been reading nothing but actual garbage lately.

All though I'm thankful for the translation... the series is pretty mediocre. It's too average, the only thing that separates it from others is the edge/gore. Overpowered MC, doing almost everything solo, because he has balls of steel and everyone around him loving him to pieces because he's strong. Leadership ability is to be strong, no charm or people's skills. Series like this would make more sense if the Macho MC would find some allies that actually do the other part of the work of keeping a "society" working. Like Dr. Stone.

Still I'd recommend this to kill a few hours while you multi task. It requires little to no attention and most of the developments are "Random bad thing appears but MC has a plan and solos the bad thing"

I tried to like it but honestly it was just all so boring. Bland side characters and very basic story.

I must sya I have to disagree with vast majority of the comments so far.
Similar to user: Its_Ya_Boi_Lava - I have started reading this series with no expectations whatsoever and I must say that while it's not perfect, it's far from how badly majority of you had rated it and described it in your comments.

For the first time so far I have seen a proper VETERAN special ops soldier as an MC in an apocalyptic series with an upgrades system involved.
So on the matter of the MC being OP as fuck and supposedly soloing everything:
1) From the get go, before even geining any sprt of superpowers the guy was built like a bull.
2) on top of being built like a bull the guy has mastery of close quarters combat, several weapons and guns, present really high level of fitness and his military experience also explains his knowledge of tactics and ability to continue operating under stress while maintainging calm and level heded approach.
3) Sure, he does solo some of the hardest monsters, but as far as I have seen it was because his troops have not been able to cope with that level YET - he made an entire organisation, with divided roles or each of its parts and his followers also fight and slowly but surely gain in power. From my point of view it makes sense to send out the strongest unit of yours to deal with the strongest enemy - that way you can save human resources from being needlessly killed by a threat they wouldn't even be able to harm in the first place and allow them possibility to grow stronger later. From my point of view it's a very logical approach. Very humane as well, considering the whole post-apo scenario.
On the matter of being stone-faced:
1) the guy is a veteran of a spec ops unit - a battle hardened cookie that eats a hammer and shits nails
2) until the start of the plot he is suffering from: PTSD, Suicidal Thouhghts, Drug addiction.
Given the above it's rather obvious that his expressions would be limited if not non-existent altogether - please refer to the general psychiatry textbooks available in your country - you will see that people suffering from the above, especially PTSD often demonstrate a lack of emotions and expressions aside from the sudden flashbacks of their trauma.

So while certainly imperfect it is FAR better than majority of commenters made it out to be. I'd say around 7,5/10 maybe 8/10 at times.

Thanks to the review above! I got to read this one, not really that bad as the others say.

it was a nice read in the beginning, but now it feels like it has slowed down so much that it is not worth waiting for anything meaningful to happen, probably better to just wait and then read a bunch of chapters at the same time since it is genuinely good but very slow.

Users who are viewing this thread