the first manga that made you enter the manga world

Mirmo or One Piece......... only watched anime tho as a kid, couldn't read yet

Berserk... I'm still not exactly sure if that was a mistake or not. lol
There's plenty of really good manga out there of course, but nothing has grabbed me as much as Berserk did.

Probably Naruto ... or maybe One Piece. I've known anime before then (Grave Of the Fireflies was my very first and most traumatic one, Dragonball Z (kinda) and Rurouni Kenshin actually got me hooked), but I believe Naruto was the series that actually made me prefer and switch to manga in general. The fillers were just so abysmally bad ... Dx

Group Leader
for me it was kamichama karin! I completely forgot about that manga too until I saw this thread

yu6

Contributor
Slayers: Super Explosive Demon Story in the '98 (some months later I starter Magic Knight Rayearth and Dragon Ball)

If we talk about manga, the first one was berserk when i was nine or ten years old.
It was the cruel thruth of the story that got me hook in manga

Hayate x Blade. My friend borrowed me her volumes to introduce me to yuri when I was like 13 years old and I loved yuri since then.

I talked too much backstory so I just put spoiler tag
I wasnt really into reading manga or anime that much even though I grew up watching anime since as a kid. I just watch whatever anime that was interesting on TV. Although I follow and look out for new ones and even track air time schedules, I was still kinda moderate about it. I was more into video games cause we had no internet those times yet.

I only became engrossed to anime/manga much further when we finally had internet back in 2008/09. When I saw my cousin's room filled with anime/manga merches all over her room, it just made me more want to be into

I feel kinda ashamed that my first manga reading was a Yaoi/BL though. I found out about Yaoi/BL by accident while watching hentai

I think I binged alot of yaoi manga on my first time reading them so I cant really pinpoint which one was the actual first manga Ive read. But Im just gonna mention the memorable one which is Brother by Yuzuha Ougi. She's the reason why I became a Fujoshi

Group Leader
For me it was also Love Hina. I lent the volumes from my friend's sister and got immediately hooked to it. I remember how sad I was when I noticed that two volumes were not released yet in our language.

Not really the place for it, but still an honorable mention in my opinion: I already did watch some Anime, but what me really got into it was Toradora! Still my favorite of all time.

Naruto. I caught up to the anime and I wanted more. This was around the chounin exam arc when naruto summons the toad.

Dex-chan lover
This one right here
https://mangadex.org/title/22900/kawaiikereba-hentai-demo-suki-ni-natte-kuremasu-ka

Users who are viewing this thread