the first manga that made you enter the manga world

I don't really remember if it was Love Hina or Negima. It's been over a decade, lol.

But the first manga that I've ever read is definitely Doraemon.

Since i love reading , and have acute reading sickness , also keeping a reading journal , i still remember vividly the very first manga that enter my eyes is Doraemon by Fujiko F. Fujio sensei , volume 1 . I derived most of my childhood morality from that manga .

But the oldest entry of my reading journal states that at 25th December 1998 , it was an Indonesian-translated Doraemon vol.8 by Fujiko F. Fujio sensei instead , then followed by vol.9 .

Dragon Ball (not Z) back when I was around 10 or 11, I don't quite remember. I got the whole collection as a christmas gift.

Mine was definitely InuYasha, which I think is pretty standard. I'd watched the majority of the original anime airing on Toonami and when I discovered reading manga on the internet was a thing I immediately hunted it down.

Tokyo Ghoul, in 3th episode's anime. I didn't finish the manga yet, but is around chapter 100.

Fed-Kun's army
I got some books of Dragon Ball back when I was a kid, but online, One Piece after I'd seen everything and others read the manga which was further ahead.
Haven't watched anime since.

Dex-chan lover
naruto. for anime, i used to be (and to a degree still) hooked on One Piece and Gundam SEED. i still want to purge my memories of watching Crayon Shinchan and thinking "this is preety dope"

Double-page supporter
Between Sgt. Frog, Bleach and Slam Dunk.
I remember renting all of their anime and manga from the public library.
As far as anime goes its Dragon Ball Z re runs on Mexican television.

Supporter
Akira. One of the few that was partially localized and found in the local library at the time.

Double-page supporter
Ah my Goddess lol
Found them at the library back when I finally made the decision to go in comic section.

well idk, but the one that makes me love manga is kimi no iru machi and yamada-kun and the 7 witches i think

Papa Miura' Berserk of course. When I used to primarily only watch anime I couldn't take not knowing how berserk's story develops past the eclipse. After berserk it was easy to get immersed in reading rather than watching and nowadays I probably read more than I watch, for various reasons, including and not limited to the fact that you get the story undiluted and usually less censored.

People say Cowboy Bebop is the typical gateway anime, and I think many would say Berserk is the same for manga.

Dex-chan lover
Detective Conan! Still a very dear series to me, though it's still nowhere the end it would seem XD And man, am I glad for having discovered manga, it took my love for comics on a whole new level

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge was the first manga I ever read! It even really took me awhile to get used to way of reading right to left!

Users who are viewing this thread