The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 15

I know..she was forced to marry harsen back then..when she was only 16 years..and then got pregnant early..it was rebellious phase for a woman between having alone time and be a mom..tbh, me too..got married at 24 after being forced by my mom (but i love my hubby then n now) and have a child a year after..it was sudden for me..i'm an outgoing person and suddenly need to seclude myself for my family sake..it's a bit mental depressing for me..but after two years i grasped my situation and started my mom-hood for real..2 years before was challenging to trans myself on the new phase..
I can understand ercella..she likes harsen, got married early..and fortunately become a mom early too..it was sudden..
It kind of not fair for a woman coming out of age at 16 but man was 18 back then..cause we women don't get matured along with our age..it was surrounding environment that change us..as for ercella, she was the youngest though..so she might not be matured yet by 16 years old..cause she was spoiled by her family so much..i can relate

Finally they have a real conversation. Harsein was making me anxious for a while but if they say what they really think there’s hope for improvement in their relationship

I agree that she was a bad mother up to this point and that shouldn’t be ignored. Neglecting a child who had no fault in your situation is messed up. No birthday presents, no conversations with her son, and leaving her son at home sick are all unacceptable. I’m honestly surprised he stayed married with her and treated her as nice as he did.
However, Harson is also in the wrong. In the few scenes I’ve seen her and Harson in they seem amiable. If this has been true for most of their marriage I’m surprised Harson never brought up the fact that she was a bad mom. If he had then he also could have gotten her help. Even if he didn’t do this he could have told her to step up. He let this happen for this long.
Now about the engagement, he should have at least told her about it. He seems to think that she doesn’t really love her son now and it’s just a Passing whim. Which is understandable she ignored the kid for years. So what’s the harm in telling her about the engagement? Worst case scenario she would have just said ok I don’t care. She’s never been outright malicious, like hitting or yelling, to Vicent so what’s the reason to not tell her.
Also I’m surprised Harson didn’t research the lady he was going to marry Vicent to. I would think that there would be other accounts of that lady being cunning. Why would you ever want THAT in your family. Those type of women could bring your house down. It just doesn’t seem like a solid choice for the future lady of the house. I’m sure there’s better options out there for a political marriage.
Okay last thing since this is already so long. Why did no one in her family ever try and hold her accountable for how horrible she treated her son. I understand some might not want to butt in on a family situation but c’mon.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I love this manga because it brings reality. We all know Ercella isn't the best mother, but she wishes the best for her son. On the other hand, Harsen decision indeed kind of rash. If your daughter in law in future end up being no good, it eventually will bring down your son and the family.
Man, marriage is scary 😂

Hey hey guys
Don't only blame ercella, the husband is at fault too
This will revealed in her past later, about how much suffering she got TT

If I was forced to get married and have a baby at 16 id be depressed as hell too. Sometimes mothers get depression after birth and want to die. Wouldnt be surprised if she had that

Whew, this chapter really highlighted how terrible a husband and father Harsen has been. He neglected his son when he knew the kid needed support and love. Now his son has a massive complex and feels like he needs to be perfect to receive respect and love.

Then, he’s been married to this woman for at least 16 years and didn’t realize she was struggling? Girl basically just said she has suicidal thoughts and probably had untreated mental illness. Did he really not know? Not have one conversation about this with her?

I’m pretty certain that he loves her deeply and has general communication issues. It’s definitely worth a conversation to understand her personality change, but I do wonder how much you can truly love a person when you see them struggling and yet judge them instead. Smh

oOoOOHHH BOY THE JUICY BACKSTORY IS COMIN UP ISNT IT???

I’m hype 😭 thnk u for the frequent updates

This is like having a postpartum depression for mothers who couldn't cope with having a child and they tend to neglect their child because they can't transition to being a mother yet. Sad, but this happens in real life ! I love this give us that back story! And i will cry in the corner ...😭

Ercella definitely screwed up, but it’s also true that Harsen took no responsibility to be nurturing as a father, either. Because that’s the “mother’s job.”

I suspect that last scene is when Ercella is about to be married. She literally looks like a child, and it made me cry just thinking about it all.

Vicente def deserves better, but I personally think Harsen deserves more blame here than even Ercella. If he’d actually carried some of the burden in the first place, she could have (possibly) worked through the postpartum depression and subsequent anxiety. And the fact that she’s acknowledging her own failures while he’s acting like he’s absolved from blame???

Don’t get me wrong, I’m really hoping that this story leads to character development for both of them because I don’t think he hates her or his son by any means. But he def needs to own up to his own bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread