The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 20

She was battling depression. So sad she had to go through this. And then Harsen is not always with her. Her fear of being abandoned is what made her scared of spilling her worries to people.

Add that the deteriorating health of her father and the death of her father-in-law, she really had to go through a lot in a few months and she's young too. I know it isn't an excuse to be young but it might've felt that her world is slowly but surely collapsing as time goes by.

Poor girl... but this chapter had so many stuff going on... ik it's so that we readers feel as overwhelmed as she was but tbh it just made me feel a bit detached. this probably should've been 2 chapters at the very least bc so many big things happened -- depression, dead father, husband at war, dead father-in-law, evil uncle-in-law suddenly popping out like a mushroom, and finally the implication that the king wanted harsen dead by letting him go to war. so much emotions for such a short chapter. i feel like this is a bit of an impediment for the readers to fully sympathize with ercella. but ig there's even more stuff after this so it's understandable

@allamaland it seems overwhelming but sometimes life is just like that. This August I quit my job to move in with my dad because his chemo was wearing him out. Within 10 days of me moving in, he had been admitted to the hospital, the disposal, dishwasher, and dryer broke, one of his cats died, and the alternator went out on my car.

Given, only two of those things are even remotely close to what the FL is going through, but I definitely felt overwhelmed. Hell, its been 4 months and I *still* feel stressed over everything lol. I think the pacing is on purpose to give you a bam bam bam bam type of thing and show why she probably wasn't in the best emotional, mental, or physical state to be a parent

No wonder she get to blame the childe, her pregnancy was hellish and she was just like 17? Of course Ercella was wrong since the kid didn't deserved this, but it's hard to say I don't understand

All of my beliefs are getting more and more evident as each chapter is released. She went through hell during her pregnancy. A contract marriage that she thought she could somehow pull through with Harsen. She couldn't blame her father in law who had the responsibility of a duke nor could she blame her father for passing away. She couldn't say anything to her mother who raised her dearly, her brother who took the mantle of the heir of the family nor her sister who married into royalty for her family. Of course, she couldn't even be angry at her husband who was sent to war during her most vulnerable stage. All of this sadness and anger was directed towards her child. She knew it wasn't right but she didn't have the heart to forget everything. Maybe at least in her 2nd life, she wishes to be forgiven for what she did.

She went through a lot 😭😭 the chapter is so depressing but im still glad it is there, it is an essential phase of the story and her character 😭😭

I think i cant blame harsen to hate the king he was in the war when hes father died and left his pregnant wife too.ercella is having a hard time too

Dex-chan lover
Lol, then her big sister dies during childbirth if I recall? Welp...that’s too much.

I'm fascinated by the shift of opinions in the comments.🤔

It steadily went from
"she's a terrible person! So selfish! Unforgivable! Vicente was right! etc."
to
"Well ok, maybe she's not that bad, but still unforgiveable! How could she blame the kid?! The kid was innocent!"
to now, where the majority is empathising with her situation and feeling sorry for her.

Of course, it's natural to feel empathy when presented with evidence of struggle. But I wonder why nobody bothered to imagine that there could be such a struggle in the first place.

Objectively speaking, she's the main character in a novel that was successful enough to be adapted into Manwha. It's impossible that she wasn't eventually justified by the story in some way.
The first chapters were purposefully misleading, portraying her as shallow and only resentful because "she couldn't go to parties anymore".
But everyone took them at face value and immediately judged her in the harshest way possible, there are still people who are trying to stick by their initial judgment, but fewer people are agreeing with them.

At first nobody cared about the possibility of there being more to it than what we could see.

The story baited us, and then hit us on our hypocrisy, silently calling us out for being judgemental without knowing all of the facts.

Kudos to the writer, seriously.

Fed-Kun's army
@asiansmurfette Vicente killed a guy who was planning on kidnapping Ercella. Then guards came and he basically said “fuck off my mom is related to royalty” so he didn’t get in trouble

Users who are viewing this thread