The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 20

@Aurantix

First, your name reminds me of the Winx and I love that.
Second, I absolutely agree. I did expect some sort of justification and post parted depression is also a thing but I still didn’t like her when it started out because of how shallow she seemed. But as it goes on you can clearly tell she’s not the type to be that shallow so I was expecting some decent reasons and I’m happy we got them. Idk why but I feel like the nail on the coffin is yet to come though.

Wow. So like is the princess getting her revenge? 😅. Wow, some ppl will always be salty. Poor Ercella. If only she had a younger sister or a cousin that could've have stayed with her, her anxiety wouldn't be this much.

At this point, I'm honestly surprised she hasn't gone into premature labor at least 3 times. Shocking news has been flung at her one after another. Not only Ercella's pregnancy is difficult, events around her are difficult, as well and she's alone. I hope Harsen returns soon.
And I already hate uncle count.

man her pregnancy was hella stressful
thanks for the translations as always <3

I really like how being part of the nobility isn't easy breezy in this story

Too bad it means a very difficult life for our MC

One thing that strikes me odd though isn't it more common for nobility to actually not personally care for their children? (like in marchen the MC is the odd one out for caring for her step children) but yeah this is a different world and yeah it doesn't have to have historical accuracy

@AaniK

Thank you!

As for the chapter, the flashback is not done yet, so I think your hunch is very likely to be correct.

What I like about this story is that even if things are piling up, it doesn't feel superfluous or frustrating or overdone (for now), it's heavy, but this heaviness has meaning.

It's quite rare for stories to achieve that.
I read many other series and some of them are so annoyingly full drama thrown in there for the sake of drama, things getting dragged on instead of resolving, then "resolving" as a side note while other drama is happening. There's drama but it doesn't seem to bring any consequences in the story or the characters. In here the consequences are present and they are very serious, it's refreshing, in a way.

@Yomitachiacc

Honestly, I disliked the MC at the start as well, so I have no illusions of moral high ground.

I'm simply admiring how well the story manipulated me, along with everyone else 😅

Bruhhh it's no wonder she had such a bad postpartum depression. Her pregnancy was filled with anxiety and stressful situations where she had to rely on herself....no hate to the ML but honestly he didn't really support her emotionally and mentally during it. Feel like her outings after birth was her way of coping with her sicknessbut everyone was judging her for it which made it worse

holy shit of course she'd be depressed with everything she went through🙁 young, pregnant, lonely.. and to have aaallll of that happened within that time 😧

@Aurantix

Yeah I see that too. I like that its not pointless drama like so many others. It gets soooo frustrating reading so many of those. T_T

She had to go through so much during her pregnancy, no wonder the strange behavior bc nobody really cared for her mental health

@SupremeCommander well, i guess that what was "normal" was for the father of the kid to not be too involved with them, since it was the woman's job was to care for their kids and stuff (if u get what im tryna say?)
also, idk "marchen" but i would say that maybe what was weird was the fact she cared for her *step* kids since they were not actually hers? not for her to care abt children in general. im just saying tho hahaha

Fed-Kun's army
I agree roundrobin, entire previous comments about everyone int he family just having it terrible, let me just state I still have do not like ercella period, she had it rough of course but so did Harsen and he didn't take it out on their child.

To tell the truth, nothing really justified her behavior towards vincente for 18 years,you can understand her pain and hardship,yet you should never let her off for it and people will of course talk about post depression,the entire situation,etc look even Ercella herself realized she royally fucked up, she literally admitted she took out her grevences on Vincette not because he did anything wrong but because he simply existed and there in lies the issue, all she can do is try to make amends and as a character I want to see her build back that bridge however the cold fact is, she was outright hateful to him,people sure have short memory that upon entering the reloop the first act of kindness towards vincente took EVERYONE back when they saw it shocking even. Vincente as he thought she just came to the arena to scold him for not being good enough. Do you think Ercellad just ignored Vincent,she showed genuine hostile towards him,something he suffered through out his childhood and teen years, in modern times we actually classify it rightfully so as abuse but people on hearing a sad story want to handwaved it away like it doesn't matter, ercella did it understandble or atleast she didn't physical abuse him, yes like the level of abuse is acceptable, give me a break, I still stand by Ercella has a long road of forgiven ahead and rightfully so.

having really mixed feelings about this, Ercella had it tough, with all that stress it's miracle her son was born healthy and all ig. But her neglect towards him is still unforgivable and will stay as a fact, damage was already done. But she was also suffering and needed help and admitted her mistakes trying to make up for them,,,, ugh let's see how this will turn out

Users who are viewing this thread