The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad this manhwa keeping reality check.
But man, pregnancy alone is hard then you get your husband go to the war, dying father, dead father in law and now the royal family and uncle bothered her?
Man, no wonder she's that way

This is ripping my heart out fr...and Harsen, too

I still think he needs to own up to his own shit, but we’re seeing so much of the pain that was there for him as well...and it’s not even the backstory from his perspective!

I genuinely hope this family can get through it, I need at least somewhat of a happy ending like PLS

Fed-Kun's army
This is really interesting. I like how nobody is completely "the good guy" in this manhwa. Ercella was depressed and silently suffering, but she ended up neglecting Vicente. Harsen really did love Ercella, but miscommunication and lack of understanding caused their relationship to grow colder (especially after Vicente was born). RIP Vicente literally all he did was be born to get hated. Well he's not exactly the epitome of innocence either if that murder was any indication. I'm personally glad that guy died, but he still should follow the law 😔

@keichan Yes, Ercella indeed got Baby Blues it is a postpartum depression for newly mothers plus her depression got severe cause of so many deaths happening while she was pregnant.

This chapter shows how difficult pregnancy is especially when you dont have proper support and guide. It's easy to fall to depression when pregnant with all that hormones, the morning sickness, the changes to your body, moreso when ercella received one bad news after another and noone could properly support or understand her. She probably also experienced postpartum depression. My sister-in-law is also experiencing nowwhat ercella went through while pregnant. Thankfully we are now in a time where we now know more. So we are doing what we can to ease my sister-in-law's worries and fears. So i'm understanding more how ercella that way.

So guys. Be kind to those who are pregnant. Be more understanding. It takes a lot to grow a human.

I understand why she was upset at her husband since the man is first of all in bed WITH HIS SHOES

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, wholly shit. Life hit her triple hard. Her father's death, her father in law's death, finding out the King basically sent her husband out there to die, her Uncle-in-law trying to control the family, and then, lets not forget that her sister dies some time after this too, no doubt due to the king, not to mention all this happening while she's still emotionally unstable, pregnant, and basically no emotional support (since Harsen is gone, and I doubt her family is going to visit her for quite a while or vice versa).

Dayum, she's had it tough as hell, nothing but tragedy since she got pregnant. I'm actually surprised she didn't have a miscarriage from all this stress. She got pregnant at the wrong time, and like-wise unlucky, Vicente was born at the wrong time too.

Considering this is a normal old fashion war, they could last from 2 years minimum (thats how long it takes to move troops) to like decades. That means, Ercella would have never known when Harsen would even come back.

Everyone's got shit luck in their past, but Ercella particularly. Life hit her pretty hard during this span of 9 months of pregnancy. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt like Vicente is a harbinger of bad luck (though it wouldn't excuse treating Vicente like air), but at least she never physically abused him (probably got it lucky since most parents physically abuse their kids, especially in the past, and treat them like crap. The good parents were few and far between in ye olde days).

I knew what her problem was since the first few chapters. People say she's terrible. But I don't really hate her cause she wasn't abusive or anything, she was just not around. Resenting her son is still not right, but understandable.

I'm very interested in this manhwa cause my life is a little bit like that (of course not entirely similar cause we're not living in medieval time and my dad isn't a crazy rich who marry a basically Kim Kardashian). All I can say is that the kid isn't having a hard life, he's just not having any feeling towards his mother. She's just his father's wife.

I feel like part of the reason she pushes away her son is to prevent more people from leaving her, seeing as how many tragedies are occurring during her very young and difficult pregnancy :(

Considering she got pregnant young and to have all the added responsibilities on top of her pregnancy explains why she was so distant, it doesn’t excuse her actions but it is understandable, imo anyways

Fed-Kun's army
And this, kids, is why you shouldn't hurry up and have children when you're young. When you're not mature enough yourself, and add the responsibility of another life, problems and resentment are very likely to happen.
She wasn't a bad person, she just wasn't mature enough to bear the responsibility.

Nothing upsets me more than people claiming "you'll just learn as you go", "it'll come naturally" as if a child's life would not be affected by such irresponsible and immature hopes. Yeah, some people luck out and are able to pull through; that doesn't mean that it should be the normal expectation of what'll actually happen.

Users who are viewing this thread