The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 22

Possum History Corner: Post-partum depression was very common and usually undiagnosed in the medieval era. One of the most common crimes a medieval woman was executed for was, tragically, killing their own newborn child. Nowadays a combination of better medicine, nutrition, and counseling can help - but it also makes a huge difference that families are more loving. Harsen is going through his own stuff, but he really needs to be there for her right now. Raising a child is incredibly difficult in the best of circumstances.

kinda sounds like Postnatal depression and some other things. I also think she could have been traumatised by the idea of a child subconsciously because all of the worst points of her life happened when she was preggo. By no means are the things she does later ok but i can 100000% see why it happened and can forgive her. But then again i don't know her, forgiving her would be harder for her son. Also just 1 question that will probably be answered soon in the manga anyway, but why didn't husband try and talk to her about all of this (or maybe he did idk).

sorry for any bad writing i haven't slept in 30 hours rip 💀

Fed-Kun's army
Agree with the comments, definitely sounds like postpartum depression. And this happens with regular women, but on top of this she was also traumatized by the dude being killed and all the other shit that went down during her pregnancy + a husband who's always absent. Her situation is totally understandable.

Dex-chan lover
Let's see, Post-Partum Depression, Teenage Hormones, Loneliness in a large house with no one to talk to, PTSD after seeing her partner dragging a man skewered on a bloody sword, Grief over the death of her father, and various stresses to boot. Yep, it isn't fair to Vincente, but I can definitely see why she stays away from her son / didn't like talking to him. Kinda hard to be dealing with all the stuff while taking care of a newborn infant and it's easy to see why her son became associated with all her struggles in her mind.

Agree with all the comments here but it also seems like she didnt like her son since he resembled harsen which in her eyes looked as if he was neglecting her.

One of my colleagues at work experienced the same thing, she was planning to throw away the kid with no prior reason while cradling on her arms, she easily get agitated, annoyed, depressed, anxious, insecure, you name it... she even thinking that her husband is already cheating on her because of her shape of her body after giving birth and not looking good because she is always tired taking care of their child.... I pity her for that. Also Harsen leaving her like that is not a good thing, but you can't blame him if he is the one who runs the Duchy. I hope even her mother visits her or she visit her mom in their home, that will literally help her rather than the maids helping her.

Users who are viewing this thread