The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings - Ch. 27

Wth..i am pissed toward bernthard family as of now!! How dare they treated ercella like a spy even though she has officially become their madam..arggh!! Ersen!! You are at fault in everything happen!!
I am not against the divorce at all!!
This second life is a life for her to choose to be free and happy 😤

Fed-Kun's army
@kurojotei That's a harshly realistic development, but then again, it is a josei. In fact, its the most realistic development that could happen, and very mature. Unlike the other romance series where things turn out fine for everyone, and they have a happily ever after (no matter how improbable it was), I expected this one to have a more realistic portrayal of human emotions, characters, and relationships, so if it does happen, it will hammer home the realism this series has.

So the /entire/ time during her marriage into the Bernhardt family they've basically been treating her like an outsider whose only job was to birth an heir? Without even letting her help out in daily affairs as a DUCHESS, which is her literal title? For fuck's sake, she received the same education level as her brother, the successor of the Visaride house! She's far from incompetent! And then when she gets post-natal depression (partially likely because she'd been treated as nothing more than a body to house a baby during her pregnancy) and ends up resenting her kid they treat her even worse?

Fuck them. Fuck Harsen and his vassals. The only decent one is the Baroness in this chapter, and Vicente. Ercella and her skills are wasted in the Bernhardt house, and she deserves better than to stay in a house that treats her like that.

I'm disliked a lot of leads in several other stories, but my dude, I am loathing Harsen. He is so far up his own @ss he hasn't seen anyone suffering let alone someone that it's eluded to that he loves, and treats them like the family cow. Good for providing one thing, and their job is done. From what I've seen he's never treated her like a wife or partner or even as if she was wanted there. Until and unless he makes the effort, no one else is going to see her as anything but a doormat and that makes me angry! 😤
At this point, I think she does need to ask for a divorce. Be happy girl. Treat yo self, you can support your child and be a better mom when you are in an emotionally and mentally good place. That home is not where you can grow.

Also, just a guess, but looks like we may have an "emotional affair" on the horizon with someone who does respect her as a person. Cheating is never okay, and emotional affairs cut worse than physical ones, but she needs to realize she can do better and deserves better. If this is how she finds out, then go for it! JUSTICE FOR ERCELLA!!!!!

fuck this house omg!!!! every chapter is some new shit they fucked her up with i swear. shit would make anyone feel like they got ditched in the deepest well to rot honestly 😔

On the credits panel at the very end, is it supposed to say Wuality instead of Quality, like as a joke?

This is the series that tells you why family matters and what happens when you put an extremely independent and extroverted person in an opposite environment.

What a freaking mess. It's too bad she can't just divorce and take Vincent with her. 😪
Seeing her standing in the household... makes me wonder if Ercella was poisoned instead of getting ill naturally.

@skilodracus @hedgemoney
They do divorce, then there's a failed rebellion that happens afterwards. Harsen is part of the rebelling faction, while Ercella is on the side of the reigning royal family (her nephew is the Crown Prince, the one that her sister died giving birth to).

So, a lot of things happen in between, but they do still get together in the end. It's not all flowers and butterflies. IIRC, in order for them to be together, they left the current empire and moved to Ercella's mom's country of origin. As it turns out, Ercella's mom is royalty in her country of origin, so Ercella is also accorded royal status. They had to move because Harsen is a criminal in the empire by virtue of his participation in the failed rebellion.

Ercella does not forgive Harsen so easily, but at the same time she recognizes that she wants to be with him, so they make it work -- so the move to another country. Harsen assumes a new identity, I guess. Their son Vincente joins them in their new country at some point. She eventually gets pregnant for the second time. She also proposes marriage to Harsen. But all of these good stuff happen after some time has passed (remember, she doesn't forgive him right off the bat). Cmiiw, they haven't remarried each other at the conclusion of the novel.

Personally, it isn't the ending that I want, however, the way she accepts and deals with her conflicting feelings of not wanting to forgive Harsen and at the same time wanting to be with him, makes me like her. I mean, I don't think I'm the only one who has been in a position where I've felt very conflicted about a person or a situation. For example, I admire my over-accomplished boss, but I also hate her because she's a slave-driver and a micro-manager. Also, in a way, it gives us another perspective on forgiveness and somehow simply accepting that people are flawed (we all are) and how do we continue on living with that unchangeable fact. Or, maybe this is just me wanting to see the best out of this novel/manhua.

Fed-Kun's army
@kurojotei
Well, I can respect that opinion. Not sure if I will read this series all the way to the end though; I'm finding it pretty hard to forgive Harsen, even though he's also a bit of a pitiable character in his own right. He's essentially just passing on all the dark and twisted things that happened to him on to his son, because that's all he knows. But I think its the romantic aspect that bothers me more than anything; if Ercella was just willing to forgive him and move on, that'd be understandable, but I really struggle to see them as a romantic couple after all the abusive shit they've gone through. But, I guess that's the otome genre in a nutshell...

Glad someone understands her. So she had to deal with people shunning her from her duties too, on top of everything. I would like it of the Baroness became her friend and a support for her. She desperately needs it.

Also... are we supposed to recognize the guy? I don't remember him. Whoops.

THIS CHAPTER IS SO GOOD THANK U BARONESS CONTAR

but honestly this it’s probably one of my favorite manhwas simply because it tells you about the “happily ever after” and how it’s not so ideal after all. her struggles... i’ve lost count of the number of times i’ve teared up and cried

Dex-chan lover
ok.. it's good that someone is on her side but why does it seems like it's just too convenient? where is she when all this goes down? how do u know she's depressed? what came into the conclusion? her answers are just on point.. as if the god put her there cuz he's tired of dis bullshit and wanted the plot to go somewhere other than self loathing.. dats just my opinion..

Users who are viewing this thread