The Flower Dances and the Wind Sings

AND SOMEONE PLS TAG THIS AS TRAGEDY. At this point, my tears have become a river. Me hath emotionally suffer reading this, although it's in the best way possible 😂. @ehhhwut1202

But those who want to read this should be in a proper mindset and readied themselves, cause the depression part could be a bit triggering.

Ih

Idk why people are crying over this but overall it was a good read (im currently on ch. 26)

Come for the cute mother child interaction, stay for disturbingly realistic depictions of post-partum depression.

It is sad at that time no one knows about depression and post partum deprrssion syndrome..omaigahhh...i feel her ... This story is so sad...

@Zetazich seems like my short comment intrigue you hehe I do agree with your point, my comment actually intend to mock the other webtoon with a theme where ML forcefully tied the MC with him and this webtoon proves that it actually a toxic relation hehe hope you get my point

this is a great read! usually lack of communication bangs my head against the wall but in the world the author has created, it makes sense. they’re nobles, with obligations and priorities. it’s not some dithering plot device, they’re setting up our characters to develop and grow and choose love and family. amazing depiction of post partum depression and how time can erode relationships. my hope is that by choosing to love her son, it will repair the damage done by time. i’m rooting for them!!

Honest opinion right here, people like you who neglect your own children shouldn't be given a second chance, and no I'm not gonna wait fucking 20 chapters for you to get it right with your son just because you didn't get it right the first time ~dropped~ i can see why it has an 8.60 rating, overall I just don't have the patience for this

I never watch soap opera on tv but when I read this I felt like watch a soap opera but this one is better 👍

At first I was disappointed to find that she went back in time to when her son was a teenager and not a little boy, because I thought that she'd have more time and more cutesy mother-son moments BUUUT after reading the manga, I get why the author chose to bring her back 3 years. Although she has a good amount of time, she's working with a teenager that already is full of trauma and hurt from his childhood, so reconciling with her teenage son is going to be a lot more difficult and angsty than convincing a child to love his mother.

ALSO DID NOT EXPECT the angst between the couple. Like I knew it wasn't perfect, but I was confused to see them get along in the first few chapters, and then you slowly see the cracks in the relationship, and then when it was all revealed it was just so heartbreaking I legit had tears in my eyes. I get both sides, but I empathize with her the most because postpartum depression is real and sooo hard to overcome (along with whatever else she had to deal with).

Looking forward to read the rest of the chapters. Thank you translators!!!

@theilikepie

Some things can be spoilers so I'm putting the whole comment in spoiler tags.

Yeah I agree with you that he had to face such consequences because he married her, all I can consider it as his bad luck. Well he deserved it for loving her so much that he had to bend his family's neutral stance towards her family and which directly meant supporting her sister for the seat of queen and then ultimately facing the consequences which were to be sent to the war when he could be enjoying his "youth". And when he came from the war he had to face the death of his father and had to take the role as the new head and eliminate all his relatives which could threaten his family in the future. He himself had to red his hands with blood for the sake for her sister by eliminating threats which could become thorns in her path to the seat of queen. He gave all the freedom to the MC to enjoy her ""youth"" freeing her from duties of her motherhood and not saying anything to her at all. Talking to her when she was feeling down hoping she would open up and will somehow tell what was happening to her and what are the problems she's suffering from but to no avail. But then she blames everything on her husband because he was the only ""best choice"".

So I think you would have gotten some facts how the "man good hot women bad". And please state the facts when you are discussing something not some random blabbering and don't base your prejudices on sympathy. Prove me wrong if you can with the facts only and please don't throw the depression card I'm fed up with that. I'm okay with depression but how you all people are playing politics with that term in every discussion makes me sick. It's like someone can commit any crime under the depression and they can be forgiven for all that crap.

@Lilsoybean

I'm not putting all the blame on her for her relationship as I said both of them are responsible. The thing I don't like about her is being negligent to the end. She has created her own world in which she sees herself as the one who's only suffering and thinks everyone around her, mostly her husband as the cause for that suffering. She has to come to the reality and realise her faults instead pinning all the faults on everyone else.

This is the most realistic manga ever. Seriously people need to stop complaining. If she went back and everything was cutesy and normal, she and her husband suddenly had a great relationship, everyone would complain.

This is realistic. It talks about postnatal depression and normal depression. Everyone has done shit things in life whether you like to admit it or not and hers was not being the best mother out there because of her depression.

What matters now is that she's trying, even if it's not working out. She had her bedside regrets and is trying to change.

The duke and her don't have a perfect relationship because that is life. In Mangas and TV, it looks glamorous and perfect but even the best couple have arguments (Wanda and Vision lol).

This is how the author wanted to write it and guess what, it's their story. So stop whining about how it doesn't fit your idealistic life ambitions and read something else when no one here lives a perfect life, myself included.

Most mangas are happy or ridiculous (I'm not complaining about them) but they don't show real-world problems. This does so 🤷‍♀️.

And I freaking hate it when in stories where the father is a literal tyrant murdering people, maybe killing the birth mother, nearly killing the daughter too, typical 'my father the king is a tyrant trope' and the daughter softens his heart and everyone is like 😍 he's so hot and he's changed forgot how he's murdered HUNDREDS and is an actual piece of shit, but hey at least he is hot and is different now. It doesn't erase the things he has done.

Stop treating this differently because it's a woman this time and she doesn't lounge around in an open robe like the men genuinely do in the type of comics I've mentioned above.

Sorry rant over. Just enjoy this manga or don't and quietly show yourself out.

Thank you and have a nice day 😊

Totally did not expect that happening in recent chapters (20-26), not a bad thing of course. The emotions are so fleshed out! I swear to god, if y'all are going to complain about the long flashback, READ IT PLEASE. The flashback is really important, it helps you understand the characters, the world around them and makes you attached. Ahhh, someone add a psychological tag!!! I'm loving it so far but this is going to be a real long ride, can't wait.

this is crazy good. a good story creates dialogue and i think the comments below prove that

Is it me or something's stuck in my throat and I can't breathe on every chapter.
I really want to hug the FL right now 😭 depression and post partum it really eats your emotions and you don't know why.
Damn this is soo good

Yo at first i thought this webtoon gonna be a boring ass mother and son relationship. And now i was trying so much to breath because all the recent chapter are so exhausting. This is a good story and good plot not like typical webtoon. Thanks BCK for translating this webtoon.
Stay safe

Users who are viewing this thread