The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 60

Lyon marries Dowun, then I guess, they kill Lyon without an heir, then Dowun becomes some emperor dowager who has more power and doesn't need Lyon... add Jayang for more legitimacy I guess

tysm for the fast update!!!

everybody is plotting against everybody omfg it's getting so interesting

i wonder if dowun's dad really believes he can handle his son because he's shown time and time again how short-sighted he is... dogyeol, however... he got his innocence stripped off him in the harsh way, i wonder what he's plotting and why he thinks he can succeed against his bro

and the princess didn't learn a single thing overall but i don't think we ever expected much from her

Aggregator gang
I read the comments but I still don't understand it- WHY would Dowun's father try to speed up the marriage between Hong Lyon and Dowun when he has made some deal with this cruel princess??????? I mean whats the motivation? Is he basically covering both options? This is confusing for me....
@Otaku713 she's insurance. Douwon's attitude where everything and everyone - including family - is expendable on the way to the Yang clan's power isn't something he arrived at on his own, he clearly got it from his father. Hong Lyon after her return has probably been displaying too much independent thought for his liking, and we've seen how the Yang clan is resented by the other ministers. If she managed to wriggle her way out of Douwon's grasp then she could probably have the Yang clan purged, or at least try to. So, when they launched their coup, easy enough to have someone spirit away another princess as a backup option. And if the price of her cooperation is Douwon's head, well...he has Dogyeol. As we've said earlier everything else, and everyone else, is expendable.

He's probably not going to use the option unless he has to. If Douwon keeps a lid on Hong Lyon, then fine, they don't need to do anything and they can just string the other princess along.

Dogyeol for his part is probably only too happy to go along with this after he was nearly flogged to death.
I don't really get it either tbh? Hong Lyon already has legitimacy as an emperor, so it wouldn't make sense to try and take the other princess as a bride. Like, if you just kill her then your family has power. Unless Dowun's family is planning on usurping him as well because he has so much sway over Lyon.
@sarsak It would be less usurping Dowun so much as tossing out Hong Lyon if she starts trying to actually rule, rather than act as a puppet for the Yang clan. If the other princess demands Douwon's head on a plate, well, that's unfortunate but he has spare sons.

@lindyhopper343434
I feel personally attacked oof
I understand your feelings but we are in a manhwa and I want to see character development and interesting stories, but shipping bodyguard will only make this piece of art lame, because he is already the ideal MC and he already had his redemption arc while siding with Dowun could be really interesting because we could see the other face of the coin. May I add that perhaps he tried to make Lyon more like him to try to protect her. He is merely giving her the tools she need to become an empress, it’s true that he didn’t tried to understand her but he did that for her and for him, because he too can have motive.
I personally hope he did what he did to try to please his father because he too need love but I wont talk more about what the author can do, time will do it.
And I hope you can understand the hate that I hold against Bodyguard because it’s not interesting at all to have that much character development because it’s obvious why he is the way he is, and I am hating him even more after he got 4 chapters of useless flashback when Dowun got nothing at all despite being the ML. I am here siding with Dowun for the quality of this artwork. Plus Bodyguard didn’t help her at all, he knew she got a miserable life but did nothing and now that she is an empress he is here.
Btw I really like you more and more with all those insults x)

@papperless
Dont know if I can tag two people at the same time. I will interpret a bit because we don’t know the full story yet, but maybe his father is the reason why he is cold and is searching power to try please him. And his tragic past without emotions make him indifferent to his own emotions because even when he was a child he was already like that so it must be his education and not his BIG BRAIN. And he said that to Lyon because he didn’t knew he loved her and didn’t understand her feelings because to him there was none at first because he tried to make her the perfect political beast, so he through that letting her lives freely would be the best to her and him because he didn’t want to be hated by her. But now that he lost her he understand his own feelings and regret.

everything is so complicated

Actually,
most of the historical manhwas are complicated ;-;
It's hard to just peacefully live a happy life with the one you love

No way dowun would double cross mc because he could’ve used her sister from the very beginning

@gennoson We have little choice but to agree to disgree. The fact that you like reading chapters featuring an abuser - while seeing a valiant, empathetic swordsman who valiantly laid down his life for the heroine as boring - is a stunning preference I urge you to reflect on!
And while I'm glad you enjoyed my violent insults concerning Dowun, something tells me that you liking verbal abuse thrown at someone only proves my point.

@lindyhopper343434
I like what is peculiar and your way of speaking is.
I think we have to disagree because we are not interested in Art for the same reason, I want an Art that experiment and not one that is an embodiment of virtues.
Are you not tired of the cliché of the perfect man ? Why don’t you want to accept that people even full of defaults have the right to be happy ?
Aren’t you projecting yourself too much into the work instead of savoring it in itself, I will end up believing that you had a similar experience in reality...

@Torpe you're the only person I agree with.
@lindyhopper343434 Bro, imo I don't really hate Dowun (he's not that bad, without him; our mc wouldn't be as strong and intelligent as she is now. Tho I'm not excusing him for his behaviour towards her and his brother). And we all have our preferences, so stop attacking @gennoson, IT'S NOT THAT DEEP. Dowun is mysterious as a character which is why we are more interested in him. Either way, I don't mind any ship, just hope for our mc's happiness.

@gennoson Regardless of his past that doesn't mean the girl is a nasty bitch who cheat, Dowun always makes it clear from the start he only wants her blood and a business one, stop mixing with your own speculation. The girl is the one who always hopes for more, if he kept rejecting, it's very logical for her to get tired and move on, expecially when Dowun allowed it and there's a kind guy who wants to give her love, Dowun's regret (if he someday feels it) is not Lyon's business. The girl deserves to choose her own happiness, if the Guard is the one and not Dowun then just go for it.

@papperless
I totally agree with you in a human point of view and that is why I don’t like too speculate and I will wait to see what the author gonna do.
And when I insult Lyon I write with my emotions and in a stylistic form so don’t take that too seriously.
But still I prefer Dowun over Bodyguard because he is way more interesting in a character point of view so I would ship Dowun/Lyon, even if it’s detrimental to Lyon ( not hoping something bad will happen but I am saying she could be happier with bodyguard aka snowflake ), because I think Dowun need to know love and no one in this manhwa can give him that, except her. Plus it will be super interesting to see how Dowun handle his feelings and love toward FL
That is why I ship them together.

@ThePrincessOfTheRFA
my prince charming came to the rescue (princess?) !
I too hope for MC’s hapiness and I don’t think the author gonna go for the bad ending anw. I personally ship them, because Bodyguard is lame and uninteresting in a scenario POV, but still he got 4 chapters for his flashback so I hate him, plus he is stealing Lyon from Dowun (hope for the better) so I dislike him even more. Not a single reason to like him at the end

@gennoson I think you can't say Baek is the perfect man in this series only while Dowun too has the brain and the royal privilege as Lyon's fiance. And for Baek, he has a sincere heart and the strength to protect Lyon. Both have done a big role for Lyon too. Dowun is the reason for our strong queen and Baek has a special place in Lyon's heart for saving her back then and being her personal bodyguard. I personally ship Baek and don't mind if others ship Lyon with anyone. I just can't accept if anyone see Baek as a hindrance for Lyon or lame while both dude has their own role.

If ever dowun betray our fl, I'm gonna b freaking mad and hate him.
Though i have little faith in dowun, at least i he's the only person i would like to trust.
To me baekhan is only a loyal subject.
I don't want to read this heart wrenching story if she has to face the betrayal of dowun.
I never prefer baekhan over dowun, i don't like dowun much either.
But i would have more faith in dowun's head than any other option.
So to me dowun betrayal will hit our fl most.
She has given up on love, but she still trust dowun.

I feel like Dowun’s father is gonna rush the marriage, then will kill Lyon to pass the throne to Dowun? I really hate how in this series everyone basically thinks that the MC is disposable, a puppet that exists to fulfill their desires. It’s good to see that Lyon’s senses are starting to come to her, and I’m also glad that at least she has Baek Han, someone whom she can trust, by her side.

Dex-chan lover
Oh so the dad was in on it. (Or is this all lies from the youngrr brother??) And they're going to usurp her (our empress) I see I see
Many thanks

Honestly I thought they were doing all this to get dowun as king but I would have never expected them to plan to kill off Lyon. I guess she's getting to 'hard' to handle huh?

Users who are viewing this thread