The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 60

It's official: no one trusts Dowun lmao.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed later that his father was trying to push Jayang into him since the beginning but he refused because he thought Lyon was stronger and would be easier to manipulate. At some point he ended up falling for Lyon, but kept pushing her away (because of his trust issues?). That was a huge miscalculation. I mean, before Baek Han came into the picture it was probably going to be fine, but now she's wavering.

If he'd accepted her feelings before she became close to Baek Han, it'd be easier to fight off whatever his father and brother are planning with her cooperation. I mean c'mon, considering how needy that girl is, holding hands and telling her she's pretty would probably be enough to appease her. He didn't have to confess his undying love for her and spend every waking moment thinking about her. He could even ask her to wait for him to come around or whatever, but he decided to completely kill any hopes she had instead. So yeah, I still think this is all Dowun's fault.

@gennoson
That's where we differ. Art is a reflection of reality, and to say that it exists in a cultural vacuum is wrong. Art inspires, embodies, and indelibly affects real life, and vice versa.
No one's saying Baekhan is perfect; he's too forgiving, pacifist, and passive - all reasonable character flaws. But is he a toxic piece of shit who's possessive and selfish to an irritating degree like Dowun? No, he is not. And abuse isn't a "fault" - it is a downright exploitation of power. Dowun shouldn't even be considered a romantic option, let alone as a human.
OF COURSE I'm projecting myself into the work. I thought that was clear enough. Isn't that what all readers do, why fiction exists?

@ThePrincessOfTheRFA

People are entitled to their wrong opinions. Given that they're stupid ass opinions, I've elected to write violence about the toxic abuser they idolize to their own detriment. People don't need abusive people to become stronger, and the idea that Lyon needed that pathetic excuse of a human Dowun to become empress delves into victim-blaming rhetoric. It minimizes the work she put into her journey, giving all credit to the very guy who's made her miserable. Despite what she's gained, look what she's lost - a sense of personhood, years of emotional abuse and feeling unwanted. Is Dowun going to pay for her therapy? So let's flambé him into crisp after scooping his eyes out.
If this is an attempt to muzzle the crazy, it won't work.

Dex-chan lover
Don't see any reason to why Dowun would betray mc when he's already set everything up and they're already bound to be married even if mc is hesitating, would it be worth it in his eyes to drop all this effort to take a massive risk by getting the sister on the throne?

???? huuuhhh why the hell are they helping out this insignificant bitch??? she literally has no significance LMAOO and SHE was the reason why the little bro got punished anyway wtffff

Contributor
I just hope that Lyon has a happy ending that doesn't involve her dying and finding peace only in the afterlife.

@mukade
Dowun be like
trust nobody, not even yourself

Isn't... Isn't the princess the reason why he got punished earlier? Sure it was Lyon who decided to have him punished instead of returning to the start, but it was his fault from the start when he decided to trust a stranger.

now.. hold up
🤨 so daddy wasn't satisfied with the queen making her own decisions or something and went for a plan B??
anyway.. dowun said it himself
he dun like the princess

Its the royal family, of course everyone is shady AF. In a feudal society only a few people can have power, and the only way to get is to take if from someone else.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, Dowun showed his fangs towards his dad too soon. Everyone has their own agendas but I just want our MC to live a happy life even if it means living in the mountains.

I can't... Why would you side with the person that got you punished. Also, why does she want Dowun? Y'all make no sense.

Now we can see the threads indicating Dowun is fighting to keep Lyon and himself safe on multiple fronts.

I hope some of you can now see why he continually insists on Lyon not showing all her cards and feelings, as its his own policy, which has gotten them this far. Even those closest to you can be the worst backstabbers, case in point.

Dowun's a pretty good schemer, but even he can't cover all angles, like his brother possibly having his own plot hidden within their father's proposed use of Jayang.

Mind, he's an uninformed bargaining chip in that deal, which an idiot like Lyon will read wrong just because.

Meanwhile Lyon is making googly eyes at her bodyguard, who is utterly useless in this political morass. Well, aside from probably dying shielding her during a coup that will likely still claim her life.

But hey, she'll die having known love (sic infatuation) , right? Best life everrrrr.

Lol, this manhwa may end as a tragedy.

Lyon isn't observant or careful enough to have a happy ending, at the rate she's going.

Users who are viewing this thread