The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Vol. 8 Ch. 58 - Budding Emotions

Dex-chan lover
Welp, it was waiting to happen from like beginning.
I'm more of amazed that it happened now, after so many months. Like, they really didn't meet anyone from girls school in all these months with so many dates?
But knowing the author it will be a nice spice to enhance the fluff to come.

Dex-chan lover
Um Uhh… I was robbing her! yup I’m taking her shit! but oh no she caught me, so, you know…

Dex-chan lover
Please, don't give us unecessary drama. To start, the whole plot between those two schools is pretty shitty, it doesn't even make sense for the all-boys school to be seen in a bad light when they never did anything wrong to begin with besides their students having lower scores on tests.

Dex-chan lover
With how going the manga is I was hoping the author would just drop this potential idiotic source of conflict but I guess no huh.

The base premise of "Girl only High school of pure smart girls right next to a Boy only school full of loser" is a little stupid to begin with, like to begin with where go the non smart girl and the smart boys then ? Also even if this was true you could easily expect 1/3 to 1/2 of the students ending in couple just by how much they will cross path on a daily basis.

This will probably still be wholesome somehow but that's not the most interesting source of conflict.
So far it's led to some really good writing. I don't see the author not executing this current problem well like they've done everything else. I'm not sure what you mean by your critism of the premise though. It's very common in Japan to have mutliple schools that have different academic levels. The more educated boys and less educated girls just go to another school that fits them. This is why in other manga and anime you see characters talking about what schools they want to take the exam for and why the "top school" thing is a whole cliche now.

Dex-chan lover
So far it's led to some really good writing. I don't see the author not executing this current problem well like they've done everything else. I'm not sure what you mean by your critism of the premise though. It's very common in Japan to have mutliple schools that have different academic levels. The more educated boys and less educated girls just go to another school that fits them. This is why in other manga and anime you see characters talking about what schools they want to take the exam for and why the "top school" thing is a whole cliche now.
Pretty much.
People don't realize that, in Tokyo for example, you can find schools of all levels for all ages, and in some cases your entire future is determined by which one of these you go, especially in the ones that have an image of being for top, high class, or smart students.

Hell, the thing gets even more extreme if we include rich people, who all live in what it feels like an entirely different world with different brands of supermarkets n shit, and their schools are even more private and exclusive, even if what separates them from a super normal neighborhood with medium to poor income people is like a tiny street.
(Which is from where the trope of the "naive high school rich girl" comes from)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread