The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Ch. 42 - The Hunt is On

Staff
Super Moderator
perhaps one of the best, if not the best, Isekai type manga that I've read.
The only flaw is that the story is quite detailed, which drags on quite a bit with monthly releases. I've been now waiting for more than a year that they finally show his base :fml:
I also heard that the novel stopped being published around where the manga is currently, so the author either decided to continue the manga as an original, or other people are continuing the story (like with Berserk).

Dex-chan lover
The only flaw is that the story is quite detailed, which drags on quite a bit with monthly releases. I've been now waiting for more than a year that they finally show his base :fml:
I also heard that the novel stopped being published around where the manga is currently, so the author either changed the manga to an original, or other people are continuing the write the story.
I'm gonna pop your enthusiasm a bit here, but the eternal hiatus for the LN started when they set off for their base, we never actually get to the damn thing. The manga has already showed it off way more than the LN did.
We're roughly on chapter 88 out of 95 so we should hit the point of hiatus in like 5 manga chapters.

Still, the manga introduces elements that aren't present in the LN so perhaps it will be an original story, which is what I'm hoping for.

Staff
Super Moderator
I'm gonna pop your enthusiasm a bit here, but the eternal hiatus for the LN started when they set off for their base, we never actually get to the damn thing. The manga has already showed it off way more than the LN did.
We're roughly on chapter 88 out of 95 so we should hit the point of hiatus in like 5 manga chapters.
:fml:
Still, the manga introduces elements that aren't present in the LN so perhaps it will be an original story, which is what I'm hoping for.
:prayge~1:

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting him to do the "FBI open up" scream on that raid :dogkek:

And about the detail stuff this manga has, I like it. It's not just "Here is the outcome and don't ask how it happened", especially when there's a lot of politics here since I can't always put two and two together.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Betting two cookies they are going to do the meeting with the king to show they completed the bandit capture, do the awesome alley confrontation, start to leave the capital, then completely forget this manga forever. Sad, but unless they go original after that, that's about it for the story. At least, as written by the original author. Dude straight up dumped it like 4 years ago.

Dex-chan lover

What about the WN (if any)? Is it complete or on the author moved to LN?

Tbf, I can see how a break and research might be necessary. Once they got a base the genre changes from adventuring to nation building. The author would need to establish and solidify the regional players, relationship, history, political intricacies, etc, which are a different ball game to sci-fi lores building. Mistakenly done, it would turn the story into a shallow power trip.

Dex-chan lover
Betting two cookies they are going to do the meeting with the king to show they completed the bandit capture, do the awesome alley confrontation, start to leave the capital, then completely forget this manga forever. Sad, but unless they go original after that, that's about it for the story. At least, as written by the original author. Dude straight up dumped it like 4 years ago.

Oh no :( I hope that is not the case.

Dex-chan lover
I also heard that the novel stopped being published around where the manga is currently, so the author either decided to continue the manga as an original, or other people are continuing the story (like with Berserk).

The flaw is not that it is detailed, but that editor-kun doesn't bring out the whip and forces mangaka-kun to do normal 40 pages monthly chapters as it should be, what is happening here, Japan used to be a decent country

Dex-chan lover

Tbf, I can see how a break and research might be necessary. Once they got a base the genre changes from adventuring to nation building. The author would need to establish and solidify the regional players, relationship, history, political intricacies, etc, which are a different ball game to sci-fi lores building. Mistakenly done, it would turn the story into a shallow power trip.
its not about author focus more in LN than WN, both version end up in Hiatus and no update from author

Dex-chan lover
its not about author focus more in LN than WN, both version end up in Hiatus and no update from author
Ooof, that sucks, I hope the author used the time to figure out the story direction well. Thanks for the info.

Dex-chan lover
Wow that Lord Protector position has lots of authority. No need for evidence to detain criminals, huh... it's very easy to abuse that kind of position.

Double-page supporter
this is quite sad, i have been reading the LN of this manga, i tought that the lack of updates was due to translators but if what the others said is right, i wonder if the manga will end at the same part in which the LN hiatus ocurred, i hope that the manga keep up with a continuation of their own

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'll be sad to see this series end, but if you want to see how it could have been, pick a copy of the series by John Ringo called the Empire of Man. This manga is based in most part on that plot and even shares elements such as Imperial Marines, nanites to heal and enhance capabilities, etc. John does a great job across five big novels to draw a massive "isekai-like" arc to crawl back to the stars as humans are stranded on a low-technology planet with only the items they have on their back.

Dex-chan lover

Nope, he dumped the WN and the LN 4 years ago. Technically the LN is still active, but with ZERO news for four years, I'm not betting on any developments.

Dex-chan lover
Nope, he dumped the WN and the LN 4 years ago. Technically the LN is still active, but with ZERO news for four years, I'm not betting on any developments.
It’s a pity.... With so many adaptations from many ongoing active series axed/cancelled over the years, this adaptation must be selling quite well to have the run that it’s having. To be running out of source material is really a waste from multiple perspectives.

Users who are viewing this thread