The Ghostly Doctor - Ch. 198

Womp that was resolved quickly, will this event matter in the future? Maybe?

Dex-chan lover
ooooh hairpin to the throat. he's gonna be drowning in his own blood all the way to King Yama. assuming that he even makes it that far down the road.

Dex-chan lover
It's lovely when protagonists don't give a shit. Someone kidnapping and raping women gets killed? Just burn down their house and leave!

It makes sense particularly here, where anyone with power can get away with literal murder - or as demonstrated, kidnap and rape - and the MC is involved with the criminal underworld AND high up nobility.

I thought it would be some powerful figure falling in love with her or someone wants her to be their disciple, you know, the usual female only sect that use extreme yin type cultivation.

Dex-chan lover
i really like this len shuang

even better that she doesn't really need that much rescuing, just some cleaners

I just love how loyal our girl is!
And I love how her companions really admire her and feel happy when she cares for them. So cute

Dex-chan lover
@gregluck
br0u.jpg

I really appreciate that she mostly rescued herself 🤣

Dex-chan lover
@Delu Agreed, it's always nice when someone gets themselves out of trouble. A lot of characters in a main character's orbit don't get to show off their own competence very much.

Contributor
I feel sorry for all the dead servants and guards and whatnot >_>; Some of them probably already suffered for having a shit boss and now they're dead for it.

@Pokari that is true but int he same time they knew that this ending could be a possibility. Those servants should have look for another job instead of staying there for this long.

Contributor
@Darkwolfix:

I mean, it's fiction and all so it's not like it matters, but that there my friend is pretty-much victim-blaming in a nutshell.

Yes, they could have done some things to reduce their exposure to these particular risks, in theory. That neither makes murdering them excusable, nor makes their deaths "their own fault". No assumption-of-risk doctrine should ever apply to shift responsibility for harm in the context of intentionally harmful acts from a second or third party. Saying they should have done X or Y to not end up in a shitty situation implies the burden of responsibility (in this case, of not getting murdered) is on them.

(It's fine to say, "it would have been wise for them to not take those jobs". That's not victim-blaming, until you imply that somehow it's an ameliorating factor in the wrongness of the harm done to them.)

Again this is fiction and whatnot and who cares and all that, it just seemed like you were falling into, well, one of humanity's most popular reasoning pitfalls, which is pretty harmful in other contexts, so I wanted to point that out.

I could go into reasons why even self-respecting, independent-minded innocent folks would still end up there—e.g. if the jobs there are so terrible and drive people away they could just have high turnover, and so there'd still always then be some innocent people there at any given time—but my point is that all that's irrelevant; again, that regardless of how wise one's actions are, no innocent person (as in, one who has not first wronged others) is responsible for someone else doing bad things to them.

Users who are viewing this thread