The Girl, the Shovel, and the Evil Eye

Dex-chan lover
@alaudae
I hate the use of stat windowses and overall jrpg stuff in isekai.
It makes them feel so cheap when suddenly power is decided by some shitty stats.

Fed-Kun's army
@ I'm less annoyed by that and more tired of the use of RPG stats and numbers. I can live with the idea that some magic was created so you could read what you have, or info on things or abilities. What I dislike is the whole idea that you can quantify HP or stuff like defense on a simple mathematical number. Like are you saying that if someone attack stat is low enough, their opponent could survive a stab through the head with a large defense stat.

I really am tired of almost every isekai pulling this stuff as an easy way to show how strong the main character is.

Fed-Kun's army
@Aireael honestly that part always pissed me off. How can Hp be relative to a person health when it comes to physical wounds. If it was something like sickness then id understand because its not an external factor but if someone gets stabbed in the head but they still have enough hp are they fine? Unless the hp isnt about the health but like soul power or whatever but thats a whole other thing

Dex-chan lover
@Saiangeli most of the time when they cut the head that’s usually an instant death skill anyway so probably they’d die unless they have a special passive ability that makes them survive those stuff.

An example of that would be that putin isekai where Special species of ogres has a special ability to survive fatal damage once in their lifetime (it increases as they evolve further) in there
putin smashed his head and he survived cause his skull regenerated one of the character cut an ogre in half and he regenerated from that too

But yeah all of those stats always involved magic or force in their world a guy with 1000 def stat definitely can’t get stabbed by a normal weapon cause somehow some force is making his skin tough and that force is read as 1000 def. like that force or magic thing goes inside you when killing monsters which is called exp and when you level up the accumulated force magic thing strengthen your body and thats how your stats increase.

Somewhat likes Tokyo Ghoul, MC kinda a shitty beta until gets edgy buff, basically shitty tho, instead of earning something he just follows the plot and gets stronger.

Group Leader
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki did a pretty good job with stats... Though that's because it s actually (or we're led to believe, at least) a game... And then they promptly flip it around by NOT making everything stat dependent, which confuses the players.

when did Tsuguto get his pickaxe. I wanna see that.

btw I got interested in this manga only because of fantasy and weird weapons. pickaxe and shovel. interesting

Users who are viewing this thread