The Golden-Haired Elementalist - Ch. 25

what? they actually expected her to fight with a sword? she’s a magic user, and a rare elementalist at that. istg I wanna slap the shit outta that boy. too much confidence. ofc they would choose a super rare type of mage over a common swordsman smh he’s so dumb

What's going on? Are they telling people to purposely lose to Jeanie? Or not fight her?

Dex-chan lover
@liuliuliuman :
@Oberon_
If I have to guess, they are aware that the only way they can have Jeanie put in effort is that if it's something she feels personally invested.
Like here, they taunted her into a duel with the rep spot on the line (what they think will get her), and the backup plan of threatening to throw blames on her if she refuse (what ends up working)

So by covering both options, they ensure that she'll at least get a proper fight before the actual competition (not knowing that she already mastered "choke that bitch" spell before hand, Tomoe would be proud)
Even if she were somehow to lose to this kid, they can just fan her 'hate to lose' spirit to make her work harder for the next time.

Since she's won and secured her rep position, the 'keep losing' order is probably to ensure that Jeanie doesn't just suddenly go 'fuck this I'm out' if she run into an issue before the actual competition.

Also this chapter is even more reasons for me to believe her "Undine" isn't the lowest rank water spirit Undine.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that threat at the end of the duel
23340703.jpg

Dex-chan lover
she never wanted it in the first place. people who want the best for her are pushing her out to the front, the people who hate her are antagonizing her idiotically. I understand it's for plot but can't she just have an episode gorging herself on food (or making trouble) for a panel or two more without being interrupted?

Dex-chan lover
@IrregularPerson : Did you miss the mention of her practicing her un-water breathing spell on the mercenaries until now? Or that whatever she did after arriving at this town she's been such a terror that even the gate guards have wanted to resign MULTIPLE TIMES.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat I have the attention span of a goldfish. I probably forgot about her practicing, but after seeing her get frustrated, I immediately want to spoil her. having context makes me less sympathetic but I really had enough with those scheming adults, though it does progress the plot but money grubbing plot points could also be exploited

I love how she threatened him with saying she'll practice using his blood. I bet he got the message LOUD AND CLEAR!
But I also like how she suffocates ppl with water. I always thought (when watching Avatar) that I'd rather have the air element since air is everywhere, and you can practice restricting ppl's oxygen.

A little too late for that, my friend. I'm preeeetty sure she already considers you an enemy.

think that boats already sailed "captain"

also no wonder jeanie acts the way she does, if this is not only how other students act towards her, but also people who are supposed to be taking care of and instructing her are harassing her jesus

and she cant even trust the people that are meant to be on her side like seriously

Users who are viewing this thread