The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation

Aggregator gang
Wish the author hadn't felt the need to include the wholly unnecessary homosexual elements - or any sexual elements at all of any kind.

story and characters are more than strong enough to stand on their own, the shonen ai undertones are frankly distracting and quite annoying

@elbs Finding the extremely mild gay content "too distracting" sounds like you're thinking of it as something extraneous to the story, like fanservice or pandering rather than as an integral part of the plot. Some media can be like that, but there's no pandering going on here. The heart of this whole story IS the romance between Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, and how it develops within a complex world of intrigue, magic, and mysticism. The original novel was even more directly romantic than this adaptation, too. Removing the romance from MDZS would be like removing Guts and Griffith's bond in Berserk. The whole plot would be unrecognizably different.

Shame it didn't resonate with you, though. Thank goodness there's an Internet full of other fantastic media that may be more up your alley!

Aggregator gang
What chapter does the anime finish at? And how gay is it compared to the anime?

very gay, guess i'll wait for the anime

i wanna recommend the novel to anyone here interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oPAKMN0BmLReDSml26x3SongHVg72Xr/view
this version is so much better than any other translations out there.

this manhua is amazing and very well translated!!! very big kudos to the translation team Bucci Gang!!!! Thank you very much for the hard work, I am looking forward to the upcoming chapters!!!!!💖💖💖

@creylla
there are some disturbing/mildly gory scenes and horror elements. overall the tone/genre is closer to that of mystery, fantasy, and shounen ai but there's scary moments throughout.

@creylla Neither am i, but the amazing plot and love story made it well worth going through it. They also mostly draw the horror prettily! The anime is uglier on that front X'D You'll have to be aware that the main character is a demonic cultivator. He's dealing with corpses and death is around every 3rd corner due to the ancient China type setting. Some of it is incredibly sad, but again, worth it!

@elbs I would have to wonder if you would have said the same about straight romance. That said, as @PSedits said, this IS about the romance. It's crucial to the plot, the character motivations and developement. Though it may take another while until everything comes together at the end. It's a really good love story that has a great plot with substanc, NOT the other way round.

If you want to see the rest of this webtoon, I advise you to watch the Chinese series that was made in 2019, it is the same plot of the story and the characters are well compliant. There are more than 50 episodes of 42min !

You can watch it on Viki Rakuten or YouTube, the name of the series is: The Untamed

wai im confused i just realized dis but did bucci gang drop dis and someone else picked it up or something??? thx for translating btw

Users who are viewing this thread