The Great Wish - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Please! Please! Please tell me they are going to end up together! I don't mind the spoilers.

Kyaaaaaaa (~ ̄³ ̄)~

Kiss kiss fall in love ꒰⑅ᵕ༚ᵕ꒱˖♡ 💗 ♡˖꒰ᵕ༚ᵕ⑅꒱

Dex-chan lover
I'm not liking this development, it feels like a tryst with no depth. I'd rather focusing on the politics.

Dex-chan lover
And another retarded shoujo ktoon female protagonist. Good job on being utterly unoriginal.

The chibis are cute in this chapter! As much as I enjoy their sweet moments, I hope she finds more info on mother’s side and what their planning. Thank you so much for the chapter!!❤️

Thanks for the hard work~
Maybe just me but this scene felt more in the novel. This author's work really isn't being translated into manhwa all that great tbh.
I mean, Sienna feels like an absolute block of ice without emotions in the manhwa but the novel Sienna showed her getting frustrated/angry/other emotions/tiny habits while she's thinking about stuff, not conveyed into the manhwa as well as I had hoped.

@x_Someil I guess I read it differently. She comes across as someone who acts like they were trained to be ice, but whom in-fact has merely been suppressing the appearance of them.

I feel like the downplaying of them lends to further importance of her exposure—she's implied to under go a strong development due to her exposure. Novels tend to lend themselves to inner thoughts more unless the author spends considerable time on it. That's one downside with comics—there can be less space available for meaningful exposition unless the author has space to include it.

Sienna comes across to me as someone who has been rigidly ruled and dominated by her mother—isolated and controlled (unbeknownst to her u til now, or as she said—she's been in denial/cognitive dissonance). Her exposure to Kuhn and her brother, along with her future self shocks her in such a way that she now is thinking of things in a new way.

I agree that if taken on face value, Sienna comes across as rather stickish and childlike, in the sense that she is cloistered from meaningful thought and experience, but that appears to be precisely the thought—she has been cloistered and thus is in desperate need of means out of the miasma of her mother.

Unless the novel had her demonstrating a break in her facial expressions more, then to me, she comes across as someone who has been trained to have a "stone face" as opposed to say someone who readily shows their expressions. She's been told to bury emotions and hide them—not that she doesn't have them or even shows them (re: the pursed lips and commanding face when she grabs Kuhn and drags him into a kiss like a stereotypical male lead might to a MC in some shoujo or romance novels).

I think the artist attempted to convey that Sienna was taught to appear without strong emotions by having her hip flat facial expressions (this appears to be a trope in the genre of royalty, nobility, and aristocracy in some some fiction). The novels it sounds like show her emotions more vividly as opposed to demonstrating things more visually on screen. If this was shot visually with audio commentary, I imagine that the voice in her head would demonstrate more emotions, but by now I'm definitely seeing her walls crack & her open up to more emotions.

In your opinion, how was Sienna depicted differently in the novel? Did she have the stone face as expected of her rank & station, or did she struggle to hide it? 🤔

@PotatoZero That's interesting. Why do you feel the relationship holds no depth? 🤔 I'm genuinely curious how you're interpreting the characters & their development thus far. :3

Fed-Kun's army
can someone spoil me a bit ? like the main plot lines, if Kyun is really a king, or if Sienna and her brother will get along ?

@Mira995
brother will step back as a king and be with his wife(fiance). Kun will be with Sienna.

For the past Sienna, Kun is also her husband but they don't get along well

Group Leader
Such dissappointment. They have such a good material of smut and they adapt it into shoujo. Lucia is of the same author and they can do smut webtoon just fine but this one can't?

That was a lot of kissing for this kind of series I love it lmao❤️ They’re both cute together, I just hope he doesn’t break her heart. Thank you for the chapter!!
Edit:Reading the comments make me super sad we’re missing on all the smut and angst that’s in the novel.

Users who are viewing this thread