The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 43.1 - Moonlight Magazine Spring Edition

Dex-chan lover
My issue with mangadex is being signed out all the time and resetting my settings.

Anyway, this is cute and I do appreciate the cool clothes.

Dex-chan lover
Your efforts are very much 🙏♥️✨ Appreciated!
Thank you so much for sharing this, they’re so 😩👌💖💖💖💖

Dex-chan lover
Cameras on their phones aren’t cool enough now when everyone has it :nyoron:
Also clothes that fit, and music that I listened to on the radio.
…except then and now that was all in style.

Its that your parents don’t have the, right? Well, your grandparents did, at the least. I’ve seen plenty of Polaroids in photo albums of my parents looking cool for their time. Those things degrade A LOT by the way. Fade and wash out like they’ve been in the sun.

At some point I got sick of actually being in style and started wearing mainly pastels and bright coloured anime shirts. With 6” spiked hair.
…ok, it was just an excuse to wear women’s clothing and match my sailor moon purse. “I’m just being different, mom. It’s fine! It’s a way to get away with getting around the no backpacks in class rule!”

Kids are gonna be kids. Trends are cyclical. Oe older sister took swing dancing lessons, and the other got into Rogers and Hammerstein musicals.

I was just that kid who never listened to anything anyone else did, because I was too cool (lol)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Aight I'm getting a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle impatient. When are they gonna start doing some yuri shit?
Not doing anything IS some yuri shit.

…also, lesbian shit.
”Should I say something? Will she? I don’t know what to do. There’s no way she does… does she?”
”Oblivious to your gayness” is pretty common, too. Especially in a heteronormative society. Japan is improving, but rights, understanding and respect are gonna take a generation to get there.

Meanwhile, my daughter has two moms, and we’ve made sure she knows it’s ok to be straight lol.

…she’s not, it seems.

Polaroid cameras are back in because of the limited shots. I’m genuinely surprised by the amount of judgement in these comments.

Printing photos from your phone or using your phone doesn’t instill the same “I only have a couple of pieces of film left hopefully it turns out good” feeling. And often even if it turns out poorly it makes you appreciate it for what it is rather than taking a billion shots trying to get a perfect picture just cause you can. There’s a lot of charm in that limited nature. It’s why a lot of professional photographers often go back to film cameras.

Dex-chan lover
Polaroid cameras are back in because of the limited shots. I’m genuinely surprised by the amount of judgement in these comments.

Printing photos from your phone or using your phone doesn’t instill the same “I only have a couple of pieces of film left hopefully it turns out good” feeling. And often even if it turns out poorly it makes you appreciate it for what it is rather than taking a billion shots trying to get a perfect picture just cause you can. There’s a lot of charm in that limited nature. It’s why a lot of professional photographers often go back to film cameras.
So it’s good because it’s inconvenient?
Judgement? It’s just confusing and very “oh, another trend coming back around?” Comments from olds.

This is all attention span stuff. Just have some restraint. Be present. THIS is where judgement comes in!
Don‘t come at me with “don’t judge me! I can‘t stop myself from recording every moment constantly without increasing my carbon footprint.” Just use film. way less waste. Get some kind of instamatic equivalent.

If you run out of film YOU STILL HAVE YOUR PHONE. You’re not limited! So just take fewer photos to begin with! Set a limit, then stop.

Why take photos all the time at all? Just… do things. I never got the whole taking photos of everything thing.

It’s just trendy. You’re trendy. its fine, I guess.

Last edited:
Yall zoomer kidswith going back to 90s (and earlier) stuff just because… just because.
Cameras on their phones aren’t cool enough now when everyone has it
apparently old digital cameras and the like are back in vogue for zoomers because it has a vintage aesthetic to it.
That is where I read judgement from. I wanted to share a functional reason for why people like film cameras other than what the above condescending comments about "how kids these days" like things for "superficial" reasons. I wasn't taking it personally and definitely wasn't saying "don’t judge me! I can‘t stop myself from recording every moment constantly without increasing my carbon footprint."

If you can't empathize with the desire to go back to a time when things were slower then, as you said, it's fine, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
That is where I read judgement from. I wanted to share a functional reason for why people like film cameras other than what the above condescending comments about "how kids these days" like things for "superficial" reasons. I wasn't taking it personally and definitely wasn't saying "don’t judge me! I can‘t stop myself from recording every moment constantly without increasing my carbon footprint."

If you can't empathize with the desire to go back to a time when things were slower then, as you said, it's fine, I guess.
if you feel judged, have a problem with it, and voice that, you is very literally (literally literally. Not figuratively literally) saying “don’t judge me.”

I also said “I’m cool with that” and “whatevs”.

I do sympathise with a desire when things were slower. I said that. I remember when they were slower.
I just don’t take pictures, and use a dumbphone. when I had a smartphone I didn’t take many. It’s one reason I don’t use one.

again, you can slow down without creating more physical waste. Just take fewer pictures by… taking fewer pictures. I thought youths were more environmentally conscious, but trends are hard to fight.
Thats a sillier reason to do a thing than being trendy.

it’s a trend. You’re being trendy. I remember doing trendy things. It’s fun.
you won’t accept that you’re being trendy until you’re 24. That’s how it works. I’m talking to a brick wall, and know it.
You already told me I don’t understand wanting to do something I said I wanted to do and how I do it.

I just don’t get it. I’ll never understand, because I’m too old.
I’ll never understand why you want to do the exact same things I used to do at the same age. /s

Glad trends come around.
I’m really glad I can get jeans that I want to wear, again, because I haven’t found any that are truly comfortable and not pre-damaged since 2002. I can get shirts for bands from when I was a kid and women’s clothes that fit without scouring the earth (I’m 5’11” and gangly).

now, go yeet those based nocap swags, bruh.

yes, that was just to make you cringe

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you, thank you so muchhhh for uploading and translating it, you're the besttt, this is so cuteeeee. I finally saw one of the exclusive booklet that Agu-sensei made:hearts: Bless youuu

I need one Mitsuki-san for my life:wtf:

if you feel judged, have a problem with it, and voice that, you is very literally (literally literally. Not figuratively literally) saying “don’t judge me.”

I also said “I’m cool with that” and “whatevs”.

I do sympathise with a desire when things were slower. I said that. I remember when they were slower.
I just don’t take pictures, and use a dumbphone. when I had a smartphone I didn’t take many. It’s one reason I don’t use one.

again, you can slow down without creating more physical waste. Just take fewer pictures by… taking fewer pictures. I thought youths were more environmentally conscious, but trends are hard to fight.
Thats a sillier reason to do a thing than being trendy.

it’s a trend. You’re being trendy. I remember doing trendy things. It’s fun.
you won’t accept that you’re being trendy until you’re 24. That’s how it works. I’m talking to a brick wall, and know it.
You already told me I don’t understand wanting to do something I said I wanted to do and how I do it.

I just don’t get it. I’ll never understand, because I’m too old.
I’ll never understand why you want to do the exact same things I used to do at the same age. /s

Glad trends come around.
I’m really glad I can get jeans that I want to wear, again, because I haven’t found any that are truly comfortable and not pre-damaged since 2002. I can get shirts for bands from when I was a kid and women’s clothes that fit without scouring the earth (I’m 5’11” and gangly).

now, go yeet those based nocap swags, bruh.

yes, that was just to make you cringe
Okay

Dex-chan lover
I’m not angy, by the way.

I honestly think the Polaroids and 90s clothes/music thing is cute, though I do sometimes think “I wore that many layers in the summer, didn’t I? Puffy skate shoes! so impractical… and comfy, where can I get some?!”
I know what it’s like to see someone say “Kids like to do things that adults will never understand. I don’t understand this” and think it’s an insult.

It’s just a reality. You’ll think the same thing. Sometimes my daughter says something and I need her to rephrase, and use something in another sentence.
I’m not a boomer (like my parents) so I don’t get angry and make fun of her for being… a person.
My dad gave me so much shit for playing music and told me I needed my first mixer like ”you need another hole in your head” to say it was worthless. I did semi-pro audio work for the better part of a decade, eventually. So rewarding.
Pursue your dreams, but stay financially solvent.

of the words I used to make that cringe sentence, I understand what two or so of them mean, kinda, and I don’t enjoy saying “yeet”. I have to in order to communicate with my daughter, so I swallow my oldness.
”Base” means “bottom of the barrel” to me, so to see it used as a positive is confusing.
I still say “word” as an affirmation, so I guess “nocap” isn’t any worse.

I remember when “sweet” popped up back in the 90s. I thought it was the silliest thing ever, but instantly used the hell out of it. “Mint” came and went pretty fast. “Sick” is back, but it also mean “disgusting” or “raunchy” back in the day. Super confusing.

We thought so much of what we were doing was important. I still think remaining different from the people at the surreal “90s depressing ten drama movie” High School was important, but I don’t know that doing it by dressing exactly like Koga and listening to metal on headphones hidden under our messy, long, 90s hair solved much. “You can’t keep me from bringing my backpack to class! This is a real vintage army coat, not some polo shirt! I’m making a statement!”
I mean, the Sailor Moon purse was a statement. Considering the school grounds had a “straight pride” rally the next year, I think I and the openly gay girl at the same lunch table were important.
Reading manga to learn kana during English class? Not so much.

Unplugging is indeed very satisfying. I just don’t see how polaroids over film or just fewer or no photos is part of that.

I can’t even send the half-VGA resolution photos my phone takes to anyone, because media messages don’t even work. My emoji set is too old to get texts from some people. It’s the best.
T9 is not the most efficient way to text so I don’t even want to. It’s a big 1/4lb brick. I can be reached in an emergency and it lasts a week before charging. That’s it.

If I could not have a cell, I would. No pay phones anymore! Even Hasidim have cell phones, now.

Dex-chan lover
apparently old digital cameras and the like are back in vogue for zoomers because it has a vintage aesthetic to it.
Digital cameras being “vintage” hurts my senior millennial heart.
ooooooldneeesssssssss.
eh, I lived 41 years despite a bunch of BS. I earned oldness.

Dex-chan lover
I actually have one myself that I've been using recently, they're fun and tbh I'm glad they're back in style.
Ah, a youth who admits it’s about fun and trend! That’s totally cool.
Rare for just about anyone to be self-aware of anything.

I remember in my 20s everyone and everything was so steeped in “irony” which was actually just being afraid to admit we liked things. “This jacket is so ugly. I love wearing it because it’s terrible“ Just say you love it! It’s fine!
my teens? I was too cool for anything even my friends listened to, so I missed out on a bunch of sweet music.

Just enjoy life! Film is expensive, though, so take it easy. Also, there’s the carbon footprint, but eh.

Dex-chan lover
my mind is broken i see the first page and i think of frank ocean

s3uvcl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread