The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 62 - It’s Not a Boyfriend!!!

Dex-chan lover
Since I don't speak the language I never bothered to read what the japanese fandom is talking about. I'm surprised!!
What are the candidates? :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm:

Share the gossip
Being brief because only a couple stuck in my head: Kaya Kiyohara who is the most accomplished of the two and Kokoro Maeda who doesn't really have an IMDB. She was a little too on the nose in that BEYOOOOONDS - 眼鏡の男の子 song (this live version is a little more flattering) so you can guess why she came up, but she can sing. Uncle Joe - Tetsuji Tamayama. TBH people mostly want to cast Koga.

Dex-chan lover
I lol’d at the Drowning Pool poster on page 2. I had to go back and reread the chapter with “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor” playing in the background to set the scene.

Thanks as always for the TL of this great series!

Dex-chan lover
Being brief because only a couple stuck in my head: Kaya Kiyohara who is the most accomplished of the two and Kokoro Maeda who doesn't really have an IMDB. She was a little too on the nose in that BEYOOOOONDS - 眼鏡の男の子 song (this live version is a little more flattering) so you can guess why she came up, but she can sing. Uncle Joe - Tetsuji Tamayama. TBH people mostly want to cast Koga.
Kokoro looks the part!! Sad to know people are only talking about Koga tho, I wish they were giving suggestions for Aya and maybe even Kana. Oh well… Not like an adaptation would happen asap so let’s time run it’s course.
"Don't Stop" was the song from the mang they did a little collab video for that was featured on their IG so I'm partial to it.
Btw, I had NO IDEA this happened. Thank you for sharing this. I may be missing out on stuff because I don’t have IG.

I lol’d at the Drowning Pool poster on page 2. I had to go back and reread the chapter with “Let the Bodies Hit the Floor” playing in the background to set the scene.

Thanks as always for the TL of this great series!
Sadly I can’t listen to this song without thinking of the cover so the chapter is now ruined for me.
:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

The cover in question:

Dex-chan lover
my guess is Oosawa is ramping up her studies so she can stand alongside Koga (who she thinks is going overseas) while Koga (who is bad at studying and normie life) is feeling like her only option is to pursue music and thinks Oosawa is going to college and leave her behind — leading to the two to feel increasingly distant
I see- That makes sense. I guess I was confused mostly by the first panel initially since I thought her mum was speaking to her, but I get what convo is going on now.

I wonder what's going to happen...

Group Leader
It's not a boyfriend, it's a girl friend!!! (Emphasis on the space between girl and friend lmaooo)

Dex-chan lover
Hoping the best for these two silly people to pursue each other til the end of time. Thank you very much for the translation!!

Dex-chan lover
Kokoro looks the part!! Sad to know people are only talking about Koga tho, I wish they were giving suggestions for Aya and maybe even Kana. Oh well… Not like an adaptation would happen asap so let’s time run it’s course.
A third possibility for Kogo just appeared. Rina Onuki: school basketball player, model, and actress who recently mentioned going to Agu's Pop Up Shop in a profile she did for Yahoo. So an actual connection. She's a fan so if a role popped up I could see her being aware. She doesn't have a big IMDB, but her next thing up is playing the Idol character in the stage performance of the new JJK production. She's 5'8 and 21-22, but that could make it more believable to mistake someone for a slightly older guy. Honestly not sure how Japanese teen live actions are with casting up like they do in the US. /OT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread