The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 62 - It’s Not a Boyfriend!!!

Group Leader
Thank you for another wonderful release!

There's two spots on page 3 that are missing SFX TL/TS/RD.

Dex-chan lover
my guess is Oosawa is ramping up her studies so she can stand alongside Koga (who she thinks is going overseas) while Koga (who is bad at studying and normie life) is feeling like her only option is to pursue music and thinks Oosawa is going to college and leave her behind — leading to the two to feel increasingly distant
ooooooh nice one

Dex-chan lover
She got really angry that her siblings and mom were crowding the two of them and interrupting them studying and asking probing questions, but she didn't at any point deny the boyfriend allegations. The closest to denial that happened was her siblings going, "Well, this is an onee-chan" which only denies the gender, not the dating allegations.

Dex-chan lover
Can we take a moment to appreciate Aya. The girl was having a crush on a boy, because he had a rocker emo style. Turn out that guy was a girl. She didn't puke, question her orientation or have an existential crisis. The only thing she was angry about was the fact that she was the only one to not know. She just kept on loving Mitsuki. And that is really beautiful.

Dex-chan lover
Live action (that pretty low budget comedy) or anime?
Anime would make it way easier to include green. It would be weird if there wasn't much green. They must maintain the serotonin supply.

The biggest hurdle and debate to me would be who does the opening theme. I'm hoping for Bad Nerves. They are the right size band and already collaborated on IG once on top of appearing in the manga. And them being English would work in context of the story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
if it's anything like She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat, I'd be happy with a live action :meguu:
Anime would make it way easier to include green. It would be weird if there wasn't much green. They must maintain the serotonin supply.

The biggest hurdle and debate to me would be who does the opening theme. I'm hoping for Bad Nerves. They are the right size band and already collaborated on IG once on top of appearing in the mange. And them being English would work in context of the story.
I'd be happy with either.

A good live action would make up for the lack of chances of recreating comic-like elements of a series (which is what animation can do, and the green background is a good example) and I believe that budget-wise it could be a pretty small project and a good team would still pull it off — unlike in animation, where comparably more resources are needed to make sure things go smoothly for the audience (finished product) and staff (process of making it). What I mean to say is: it could be easy to pick it up and make it something independent with few people, while in animation it would take a toll on the animators.

But an anime would be so much fun! Seeing Sumiko's art style move, speak, be expressive would be awesome!! And most comic readers would prefer an animated adaptation. At least that's the impression I get.

Also, I immediately searched Bad Nerves' stuff and this song would ROCK as an ED.

The radio theme fits, since, well, Moonlight FM will probably be important in the future.

For an opening, something in the same pace as Can't Be Mine would be ideal. I don't know if this song specifically would be cool, but an original with the same vibe would. I can imagine an opening sequence like Princess Jellyfish or Welcome to the N.H.K. with no split screen, just a single one.

I am partial to Princess Jellyfish because of the American movies and series references. I never watched the second one but I liked their opening.

Anyways Sumiko could hire me for either, I have ideas.

Edit:

IT JUST CAME TO ME IN A VISION THAT AN OPENING WITH A SIMILAR CONCEPT OF PRINCESS JELLYFISH'S BUT WITH SEVERAL FAMOUS ROCK VIDEOCLIPS AND MAYBE EVEN COVERS BEING REFERENCED WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Like, Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Californication (RHCP) , American Idiot (Green Day), Tonight Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins), Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes), Feel Good Inc. (Gorillaz) etc. for clips, then something from The Beatles (either Yellow Submarine), covers like Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, someone from the cast dressed up as Slash or Hendrix (maybe Joe-san)...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
— unlike in animation, where comparably more resources are needed to make sure things go smoothly for the audience (finished product) and staff (process of making it). What I mean to say is: it could be easy to pick it up and make it something independent with few people, while in animation it would take a toll on the animators.

But an anime would be so much fun! Seeing Sumiko's art style move, speak, be expressive would be awesome!! And most comic readers would prefer an animated adaptation. At least that's the impression I get.
For historic odds... every manga that won Next Manga Award's top category has gotten an anime so far iirc. So in the very least it'd be perfectly in line that. Cook/Eat's successful s1 and s2 pick up shows a different path, but it's also an OL cooking drama existing in specific tv block for women age 25-40. They aren't interchangeable outside of wholesome GL. It is interesting that a lot of the chatter in the Japanese fandom on the site formerly known as twitter is for a live action and what girl should play Koga. So they seem to lean towards live action with this.

Dex-chan lover
For historic odds... every manga that won Next Manga Award's top category has gotten an anime so far iirc. So in the very least it'd be perfectly in line that. Cook/Eat's successful s1 and s2 pick up shows a different path, but it's also an OL cooking drama existing in specific tv block for women age 25-40. They aren't interchangeable outside of wholesome GL. It is interesting that a lot of the chatter in the Japanese fandom on the site formerly known as twitter is for a live action and what girl should play Koga. So they seem to lean towards live action with this.
Since I don't speak the language I never bothered to read what the japanese fandom is talking about. I'm surprised!!
What are the candidates? :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm: :pepehmm:

Share the gossip

Users who are viewing this thread