The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 87 - The Beginning

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this is how Mitsuki's non-school persona will be revealed to the rest of the school. Aya's friends know about the piercings and tattoo, but haven't really seen her in performance mode.
Which raises the question, do they know that they’ve seen her in performance mode—at the school festival concert? Would think they might have put 2+2 together by now…

Dex-chan lover
Don't really have a problem with the "super slow burn" as it makes for deeper and more complex characters and relationships.
Problem is, they pretty much are the same characters as 70 chapters ago with some minor realizations that had no acting upon. Finally having anything of impact happening is a godsend.

I just can't get behind that happening coming from one of the worst tropes there is, the "one MC is randomly picked up on and goes viral to an insane degree". It has been a staple (more often being a Model than Musician, tho) but it really ends up not organic and less satisfying. Her going "I want something to happen but I am not doing anything at all, where should I even start?!?" into this. It is just a bit too convenient and lame considering her willful status quo with Aya and music up to this point.

Her going bootcamping in some summer music course or uploading vids or going ham in school would be infinitely more fun. Also would stay true to her character, be actual character development and organically play into what is just asspull forced right here.
Whatever, just hope we get past every arc being "I have mental problem" -> problem gets solved -> 2 panels of face lighting up + monologue -> nothing happens and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Which raises the question, do they know that they’ve seen her in performance mode—at the school festival concert? Would think they might have put 2+2 together by now…
I think they have only seen her partially in cool mode. They mentioned she looked cool at their study session where she was kind of half done up in casual wear but still in her glasses and acting normal Koga. Then they saw the piercing holes. But they never saw it all together in her natural environment or know that she was the “boy” Aya was into etc. To them that one english song cover singer that night was a just a mystery alumn guy. No reason to connect anything.

Supporter
I loved that panel where she says, "what saved someone like me"... Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
cute but is this actually yuri or just baiting?
Don't really have a problem with the "super slow burn" as it makes for deeper and more complex characters and relationships.
Problem is, they pretty much are the same characters as 70 chapters ago with some minor realizations that had no acting upon. Finally having anything of impact happening is a godsend.
Well, as far as I know the manga is being promoted as romance, so I doubt it is bait, but I also remember Kirin-kun commenting on Dynasty how Sumiko sponsors are the music industry and not the manga industry, and thst she's basically emrolled to promote Universal's catalogue in Japan.

So I guess it'll be a very slow burn, won't be surprised if we don't even get to see a kiss or something, because even before getting officially published it heavily focused on the music side of things, if what Kirin-kun said is right then now it's for sure a music manga first, yuri second.

Dex-chan lover
This has been very cute and their "Oh I can be myself" progress is great and all... BUT I CAME HERE FOR THE YURI!!! "Oh you're just skimping the chapters" NO IT'S NOT THAT!!! Sure, Aya had her little moment of "Oh I like her, like actually like her", but we haven't really had anything between them. Mitsuki has been in the "Super dense MC" mode this whole time, and while it's great that this much time has been dedicated to letting her out of her shell, again, I CAME HERE FOR THE YURI!!! At this pace it looks like the most we'll have is a handholding panel on the last chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread