The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 93 - That Girl's Labels

Them accusing her of using MTL is actually (funny enough) a mistranslation itself. What they actually said is "We tried running it through a machine translator, and... (look!)" and then the next page says "Isn't this a love song!?"
That's how they even know what it says, and why the lyrics on the blackboard are written in Japanese.

also I think the part that says "english song", the japanese actually says 英語のやっつけ which is like "sloppy english". やっつけ means "rush job" or "sloppy work".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wellllllllllllll idk.what we’ve previously seen is a lot of peace and quiet. Aya has heard Koga singing to her, ever since Koga asked to be “friends” Koga really hasn’t developed any feelings for Aya. Aya is slowly pulling Koga out to do social things, and Koga is happy Aya makes her a better person. But the instant viral fame and bullying might bring Koga back to seeing how Aya believes Koga is special. This might be a plot where Koga can like Aya. It’s been one sided for all these chapters. Almost 100, I feel like they need to do some sort of plot movement. Idk.
I don’t think it’s been one sided. Koga was enjoying and instigating a lot of the flirting back when she was the only one aware of the misunderstanding. She liked having Aya like her that way.

She switched to the friendship plan when trying to salvage things because she was afraid Aya would be disappointed in who she was. Part of that was she knew Aya had her heart set on the shop boy. She had been hearing about it every day at school.

When Aya was worried Koga would vanish to America and got herself fixated on Joe and Kanna’s situation of being in love and not talking it out, Koga said that some stuff you can’t put into words. So she didn’t talk either and instead held her hand while they listened to a song.

And then more recently she had convinced herself that Aya actually liked the “boy” her and had to have Aya reassure her she saw her as a whole person.

She wrote and sang her what was likely a love song in English which Aya said she liked but didn’t understand the lyrics to.

Koga has been communicating in her own way how she feels, but she is cynical about love based on examples in her life and there is a language barrier since she is bad at opening up outside of playlists or emptying her soul into lyrics.

Now those lyrics have been badly translated on the wall at school. She’s been communicating every stage, but now it’s basically ripped out of her and plastered on the wall for Aya to stumble into at any moment.

Dex-chan lover
Remember, these aren’t real people but monsters created by the author to make you hate the evil “men”. First comment is about bringing a gun to school… yup seems to be right on point…

And every single comment, one after is filled with hate and rage at these imaginary horrible representations of dudes who are not real. No one forced the author to make them monsters for no reason other than being dudes. Hate to say I called it

and every single comment having some threat of physical violence, it should be something people should be worried about. Just saying, especially after today. Maybe violence is not the answer.
jesse what the fuck are you talking about

Fed-Kun's army
...a single man being responsible for this is the author trying to make us hate all men?

Is the anti-male propaganda in the room with us now?
Obviously not, but you understand that I am not making those statement, but describing my interpretation of someone elses position? And Jackist does not consider it one dude "No one forced the author to make them monsters for no reason other than being dudes." Note the plural.

Dex-chan lover
I see people saying "Where is Aya" "Aya is going to put them in their place " etc.
What do you think Aya can do? Turn back time and make all the idiotic comments that were said in the classroom magically go away?(even if those comments are meant as actual genuine questions, in the eyes of Koga they are seen as just some strangers who see her as some kind of weird exotic animal).
Best case scenario, She'll yell at them and that's that.
This kind of shit is what makes some kids change schools, or drop out of school all together.
Even if people question Koga's POV or the true intent/tone of her classmates all I know is if someone had looked through my personal notebooks at school and wrote my writing onto the school chalkboard for all to examine I'd have either thrown hands or gone home for a proper meltdown. If not fake an illness for a week. If those writings were also possibly a love song to someone in class I hadn't confessed to yet and they were due to walk in any moment...

Had he privately told her he had seen her notebook when he picked it up and saw she was writing lyrics and that was cool that might be forgivable. A crowd picking through her writing on the wall is only a violation that anyone would feel. It wouldn't be a reaction special to Koga. There is no good spin to it and it's not normal to do to someone.

Users who are viewing this thread